Jets GM John Idzik said he's a Jet, Open Competition...about Mark Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CowboysFan, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Get back to me in November.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

anything can happen, I don't think either of us are guaranteeing success but we have seen him succeed and know we can win big with him if surrounded w/ the right talent.

It's easy to bash him now, it's not easy to see past his 2012 season. Not many fans can do it b/c their minds are polluted by espn and fantasy football.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

My mind is not polluted with ESPN and fantasy football, I'm just tired of having to use a small handful of games in an entire 4 year period to think Mark Sanchez is good. We don't do this with anyone else. We don't point out singular games from 2009-2012 to prove Bryan Thomas, or Joe McKnight or Kyle Wilson, etc are good for example. We just take them at face value - they're not good.

I liked the guy and I still want him to succeed with our Jets, but at some point enough is enough. We've been waiting 4 seasons now for him to set it up. It's not happening. And last season he got worse to the point that he was the worst starting QB in the NFL. It's time to move on from him. I don't even want mediocrity from my team's QB (his best) I want this organization to reach higher.

Fortunately I think they are - as there's no way they think Sanchez is the future anymore.

4. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

If Tebow, Mcelory, or Kerley starts last year instead of Sanchez the Jets most likely make the playoffs. Time to pull your head out of your ass and stop defending the worst QB in the NFL.

Among other things, it has been reported that Shotty regular came up with new plays and formations during the week and ran them **ONE** time in practice. No OC who comes up with brand new formations and plays and runs them 1 time total during the week in practice is good. Lot of words come to mind, "good" is not one of them.

#224 Frenbar, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  5. nyjunc

It's not a small handful of games, he has ha done bad year in 4 years. That season was brutally bad but there were circumstances around it.

He may never recover in NY, he may have to rescue his career elsewhere but I'm not giving up on him yet. He deserves a chance to earn his job back.

6. nyjunc

yep, we would have won the SB w/ any other QB and I think the outstanding play of McElroy proves that:lol:

7. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Mcelroy had a higher QB rating for the year then Sanchez even with his "outstanding" play and many sacks taken. He wouldn't have turned the ball over multiple times in the last two minutes of any game - nor would have any other player in the NFL. Mcelroy probably doesn't have what it takes to be a starting QB in the NFL but there should be absolutely no doubt in anyone's mind that he is a much, much better QB then Sanchez.

8. nyjunc

McElroy was just as bad, NO QB would have thrived w/ the weapons we had that were healthy. Greg McElroy hasn't shown he can play in this league, mark Sanchez was a game away from the SB TWICE so please stop w/ silly comments like your last post.

9. Hobbes3259

Hello Mrs.MCElroy. Most of us like your son too, but let's not get Crazy.

10. Hobbes3259

Junc don't waste your time.

Same cast of talent week 10.

Sanchez goes 15/20 (that's 75 percent to you and me Rusty).

And torches his former Boss.

11. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

The thing that gets me with Sanchez is that he *talks* such a good game. Gives me more hope than I should have from seeing him play, which leads to greater disappointment.

12. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

How about Week 14? 4 interceptions...

Week 12? 3 interceptions, didn't even get 100 yards before being pulled.

He's had more bad than good games this season. You've only been able to list two good games out of 16. That alone says it all.

13. Hobbes3259

No argument to the contrary.

But when Westhoff comes out, and says the offense was in disarray, or a former QB says that for the past three years, no QB could have been successful....the only fair argument is the jury is still out.

Mohrinwheg balances that equation. A Proven OC.

If Sanchez sucks...we will know, but he can't be judged on only the bad games given the underlying context df his tenure.

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

When he's terrible this year as well - are you going to blame Morningwood? There seems to be a theme here with you and offensive coordinators, that's why I ask.

15. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Exactly. I quoted his post from last year where he said Sanchez was a top ten QB the moment Schotty left and of course he ignored it.

16. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

No, the Jets beat the Bills and Fitz has fits against our D while Sanchez feasts on the Buffalo D. Misconception QBs beat QBs.

Junc we are the ones looking forward you are looking in the past and saying look at our talent then. We are point forward saying look we are going to have a lack of talent going forward unless we nail the draft. It doesn't look good our talent level is going to be close to 09 or 10 offensively next year or maybe the year after that. We all agree surround him with talent, he can play well enough to win, problem is where is that talent coming from in the near future? That's part of the problem, he's going to have to improve and he's going to have to do it with less talent than he had in 2010 and 2009 and maybe less talent than 2011.

So we had a test run of Sanchez with a lack of talent last year, and what we saw was a QB that as Young well puts it "Accelerated" the negative aspects of our offense. That's worrisome because that lack of talent will probably remain next year. That means Sanchez is going to have to improve after regressing the past 1.5. We as Jets fans need him to turn it around to our quickest way to success, but the Jets FO should not be putting all their eggs in the Sanchez as future QB basket. He hasn't done anything to inspire confidence in that. THat's why people are happy our GM is saying there will be a competition. Meaning we aren't putting all our eggs in Sanchez's hands

#236 displacedfan, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  17. Hobbes3259

No. That's my point exactly. The jury is still out. Till now.

18. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

No, the jury is not out anymore. 4 years. 4 goddamn years. You guys are seriously out of your mind. HE'S HAD 4 SEASONS TO SHOW HE BELONGS! He doesn't. End this discussion already. The Jets made the playoffs two years IN SPITE of him. He had two good postseasons, and no one is taking that away from him. He's been putrid in the regular season ALL FOUR YEARS. Just stop with this bullshit already.

19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Giants should of cut Phil Simms after his 4th year

20. Hobbes3259

Dude, you should have taken the Red pill.