Jets GM John Idzik said he's a Jet, Open Competition...about Mark Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CowboysFan, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

Havent you thought just for a minute that all of you on TGG are wrong and only nyjunc is right:lol:

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

yet we were a game away from the SB in 2 of them and a game away from the playoffs in a 3rd but yeah we'd have no shot to win.:lol:

Remember, they'd all have the same weapons. Mark was brutal this year and deserves blame but no QB would have a shot w/ the healthy weapons he had.

He didn't do it when he had talent 2 years ago so how could Calvin or Fitz(please don't ever put Welker in the same sentence w/ those 2) not help immensely?

yards are meaningless w/o TDs, pts and wins and considering he had more INts than TDs and was awful down the stretch where they lost 3 of 4 to miss the playoffs by one game I'd say that wasn't a great or "dominant" year.

you crow about yards then when he wins MVP he throws for 3100 and 2700. Which is it? I use leading your teams to wins more, they threw less in '68 and '69 but he was MVP. The pass yardage stat is completely meaningless.

I live in reality, you can wera your Joe namath underoos and pretend he is a Tom Brady type but the facts don't match up. he had a few nice years but couldn't sustain b/c of health.

The most important position on the field is QB, the QB's play is essential to wins and losses. If a QB is leading his team to 24-31 pts and losing then it's on the D but when QBs fail in close games late it's on the QB.

YOU guys, the AVERAGE fans, the fans that need ESPN to tell you how to think agreed upon that flawed logic.

His #s were up, they were pretty damn good until the last 3 weeks, but he wasn't nearly as good as 2010 but w/ our 2010 D Mark in 2011 easily gets us in the playoffs. We lost in '1 b/c our D took a huge step back.

There's no way that happens, there will be a competition. He will have to earn his job back.

kickers miss kicks, it happens. The next week our K missed 2 kicks. Greene put the SD game away or gave us a big cushion but the difference int he game was the play of the 2 QBs. mark had 1 TO that didn't hurt us, Rivers threw an INT that changed the game setting up our first TD and giving us our first lead of the game. Sometimes games are determined just by who makes less mistakes.

learn about the game, to think for yourselves instead of allowing espn and "experts' to tell you how to think.

At no point have I EVER said mark Sanchez is great or will ever be great but this is typical of posters like you who can't keep up. You throw out deflections to make up for your inability to post valid points.

In 4 years Mark has 1 losing season, In 12 years Joe had 6. It's not just about the #s and i am NOT saying mark is better than Joe(again, you lack of reading comprehension leads to deflections) or anywhere near as good as him but this game is about winning. That's all I care about.

I think you guys watch, i just don't think most of you understand what you are watching.

one of finheaven's worst here to pollute our board w/ nonsense. Thanks for the comment.

3. cval

cval Well-Known Member

What argument is there really? Mark played like crap most of last season with some pretty big extenuating circumstances. Because of his contract and the circumstances he will get one more chance.

To write him off is stupid to put all your eggs in the Sanchez basket is stupid. Ha coordinator for the first time in his career that has produced top ten offenses will help Sanchez.

I gave Sparano the benefit of the doubt when he was hired but he was just not an OC and proved that time and time again last year producing the worst O in the league.

I like Sanchez I think he fits in NY he just needs to play better. Here is to hoping he does.

4. 74

74 Well-Known Member

All you care about is wins, then all I care about is Super Bowl wins. Namath: 1. Every other Jets qb: 0. Lets be real, if Namath played today his stats would be way better. Not to mention he probably wouldn't have had to play a whole career on a blown out knee because of medical advances. Those teams won games because of him. The argument against Sanchez is that those teams won in spite of him.

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Well put sir.

6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

nyjunc how arrogant can you be? "you don't understand what you're watching" please explain to me how throwing into triple coverage, looking ON a safety, fumbling the ball, ass fumble, not being able to read a defense, his inaccuracy as me "not understanding what i'm watching".

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

People are impatient, and honestly are sick of the constant fumbling and stupid decisions he makes. Some people just cannot take Mark starting anymore. I don't mind him starting again as long as he earns it. That said, I drifted towards the post-Sanchez era already.

8. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

2012 gets thrown out. And the end of 2011. Because if the receivers are shitty, might as well ass fumble and play 500 with the football since it doesn't matter anyway. I think I'm getting that right...

#168 BeastBeach, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  9. nyjunc

That's great but he had a HUGE advantage only needing 1 win to get to the SB, playing at home in the AFL Title game despite losing to oak earlier in the year and having a worse record and having Oak playing a game the week before. Undre those circusmances we'd have a SB w/ mark by now too.

I have no idea if Joe's #s would be better, I think Joe would be a Favre type in the modern game but he couldn't stay healthy then so he likely wouldn't be able to stay healthy now too.

watch the America's Game documentary and check how his teammates feel about them winning games BECAUSE of Joe.

The Jets didn't win in spite of mark, you need quality QB play to win in postseason. The problem is most fans think if you don't throw for 300 yds and 2-3 Tds you didn't have have a good game. It is possible to have a bad 300+ yd game w/ 2 TDs and 0 INTs and it's possible to have a good game throwing for 100 yds w/ 0 TDs and 2 INTs but fans only go by fantasy #s.

10. nyjunc

I'm not sure why you can't just debate the topics w/o the childish attempts at humor(which fail by the way).

mark's first bad year was 2012, I don't give him a complete pass but a aprtial one based on the healthy talent around him. Anyone watching the Jets and understanding the game can see he had little chance to succeed.

11. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

You serious...?

12. nyjunc

It is. Let's have a little test.

Which QB had the better game:

QB A: 20-33, 233 yds, 2 TDs, 0 INTs, 102.2 rating

QB B: 10-19, 133 yds, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, 35.5 rating

13. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Probably the QB without the two interceptions...

14. nyjunc

They are the stats for Sanchez and ben from the 2010 title game. Ben played much better than his #s and made plays to win the game, he got Pitt to a big lead then when we had a chance he converted 2 3rd downs to seal it.

#s tell PART of the story.

15. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Sigh.. I knew you were going to reply with something like this.. dude, I don't give a shit about the Americas game documentary. Watch the frickin SB game. Namath called almost all the plays at the line. He was masterful mixing up pounding the rock into the Colts soft side with accurate downfield passes. You think color code playbook Sanchez would've methodically picked apart the fearsome Baltimore Colts D just the same? I use my phone to post on here, already feel like I have carpal tunnel, I'm not gonna write out these posts to reply if your going to debate like an insane person.

#175 74, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  16. nyjunc

I have seen the game, I know he gets all the credit for leading them 16 pts but then when they would lose and he'd throw 5-6 picks he gets no blame for poor playcalling/execution.

AGAIN, I am not debating Mark vs. Joe but mark would have a SB if he had only 1 playoff game at home to win to get to the SB.

You don't have to reply, if you don't want to debate and just want to hurl insults go do something else. If you want a fun, intelligent discussion then I'm here for you.

17. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

2009 and 2011 were bad too.

18. nyjunc

Neither was bad, 2009 was gppd for a rookie and 2001 was a good season overall w/ a bad ending.

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Any other QB BUT Mark Sanchez and you'd say they were bad... because they were.

If he didn't have the defense that he had, 2009 would be one of those years people mock about how terrible he was. It was a truly awful regular season.

2011 had a bad beginning, middle, and end.. QB wise.

20. nyjunc

sure, if he didn't have a very good D in '09 they don't make the playoffs, if he had a great D in '10 they reach the SB so it goes both ways.

Mark wasn't BAD until this year. 2011 was more about the D failing than the O.