September Honeymoon Advice

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by TheCoolerGlennFoley, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Go back to Aruba, stay at the Radisson, Aruba is out of the hurricane belt.

My wife and I have been to the DR, Turks and Caicos, Cayman, PR.

Nothing compares to the weather in Aruba, guaranteed hot weather, we won't go anywhere else.

Don't get me wrong, I think we will try Spain, Italy, Switzerland, but as far as the Caribbean we may try one more island, Ocho rios, Jamaica.

However we have found our sweet spot in Aruba, I think the return vacationers percent for Aruba is over 50%.

#21 Red Menace, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  2. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I went to Barcelona over the summer and easily one of my favorite places. The city is amazing, has great food, nice weather and the women are off the charts hot.

I also went to Lagos, Portugal. It was a blast, it's essentially a party destination for Germans, Brits, Aussies, and Central Europeans.

I only went to Aruba on a cruise and the day we got there a storm had just passed through so the water was shockingly rough by Aruba standards. It was still as warm as bath water and Oranjestad seemed like a pretty happening little town. The next day we went to Bonaire which as a snorkeler I was in heaven. Easily the best place in the Western Hemisphere I've snorkeled. I was out about 30-40 feet from the shore and could see the bottom of the sea which was about 50 feet down. There isn't much else in Bonaire other then beach and snorkeling/diving but I really enjoyed it.

If you really want to get away from everytyhing go to Micronesia, I went about 13 years ago when I worked for Continental and I lived like Robinson Caruso for 5 days. The flight left Honolulu and went to Majuro and Kwajalein in the Marshall Islands, then to Kosrae (where I went), going back we left Korsae and it stopped in Pohnepei and Chuk both in Micronesia and then eventually Guam. I then flew Guam to Tokyo and Tokyo back to Newark. It was a lot of travel for 5 days but when you are 21 and all you are paying is the taxes to fly business class from Newark to Honolulu and then Tokyo to Newark it was well worth it. I can't even imagine what that ticket would have cost.

3. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

While I would not mind living like Caruso, I would be alone, my wife would never agree to it. However I'm glad you were able to do it, this planet really has some incredible sight seeing.

4. DBWarren23

DBWarren23 Active Member

turks and caicos islands

thank me later

5. Barry the Baptist

It was something, no TV, no radio, no cell phone. Don't know if I could have survived more then 5 days but it was one of those amazing life experiences. It's really a simple lifestyle. Continental used to have their own branch in Micronesia and they flew to a bunch of different islands down there. They went to places like New Caledonia, Palau, and some other places I don't know where they are.

The dream is Mauritius but the cost to get there is out of this world...

6. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

La to singapore to mauritus on singapore airlines?

7. Barry the Baptist

I just glanced for dates in August and the best price is about 2 grand a person, flights are going via Munich and J'Burg. I also found one through Heathrow.

I one time looked at the Maldives and the flight went LAX-Tokyo-Kuala Lumpur- Colombo - Male all on Malaysia Airlines. Now when I look it's LAX - Dubai -Male

8. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

Travelling via europe and south africa makes it a real long trip despite the price

Atlanta to jhb to mauritus ?

9. Barry the Baptist

I saw one for a bit more from LAX to London then directly to Mauritius.

I'm a 4 hour flight to Atlanta, problem is I don't have 2 grand lying around.

10. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

All inclusive at Sandals Ocho Rios (Jamaica) was a blast for my wife and I. Relaxed atmosphere, lots of fun things to do nearby, not too pricey, good food, pools, and booze. Would recommend it, though we went early May so I'm not sure how it will be weather wise in September.