Jets GM John Idzik said he's a Jet, Open Competition...about Mark Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CowboysFan, Jan 28, 2013.

1. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Jets GM John Idzik has 'really good feeling' about Mark Sanchez

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2013/01/jets_gm_john_idzik_has_really.html

After seeking out Darrelle Revis to calm the waters before his roster evaluation, John Idzik made his way down the list of key players and met with Mark Sanchez next.

“I think he’s chomping at the bit,”*Idzik said on WFAN this morning. “And he wants to get going with his new coordinator. He’s all about competing. I got a really good feeling from Mark.”

When asked if Idzik was comfortable with Sanchez at quarterback, he couched his response a bit, saying: “Yeah, I’m comfortable with Mark being a Jet. I told him as well, we’re going to add competition. … It’s going to help make Mark and everybody else better.”

Idzik also doubled back on the Revis situation, which he's been consistently non-committal on. He did reiterate that their relationship appears to be in good standing, though.

“Yeah, I was surprised (about the attention)," Idzik said of the initial uproar. "...Because we really hadn’t had any in-depth discussions — still haven’t. We’re still in the midst of evaluating our roster and assembling a coaching staff and doing some of the initial moves. So I was taken aback by that. But I called Darrelle just to make sure he knew exactly what was going on from our end, and it was good to talk to him. I thought it was well-received.”

Conor Orr:*corr@starledger.com;*twitter.com/ConorTOrr

#1 CowboysFan, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

He said "realling good feeling FROM Mark", not "about Mark". That is very different.

3. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

He has to be kidding,

The Sancho nightmare will never end.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

VERY misleading article title, Idzik did not say that. ConorTOrr is a fucking jack-ass.

5. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

He's one of our better beat writers in that he doesn't insert tattoo, circus, or butt-fumble into every single one of his articles.

He's objective. However, the title is a bit misleading.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

All Idzik said was that he has a good feeling about Mark competing for a job next year. It's hard not to have a good feeling about that since if he doesn't look good he doesn't get the job and you're stuck with the guaranteed money and cap hit regardless.

7. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I changed the Title...more appropriate.

8. 101GangGreen101

It's just hard to take any NY Beat Writers seriously nowadays. Honestly, as of late I haven't read any of the articles out there. Just looking at prospects for the draft, and honestly I listen to Idzik I like the way he carries himself as well - so whatever he says I listen. It's been a while since I've felt that way about the Jets FO or someone in the FO for that matter ...

Thank you kind sir! Just sick of the misleading titles lol ... makes me think one way. Reality vs Perception! This should be our new slogan.

9. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Yes, the title of the article is misleading. No doubt. Idzik did not say he has a good feeling about Mark Sanchez being the Qb on the Jets, which is what was implied.

10. Ted

Ted Member

He does not imply anything about Sanchez being the starting QB. He needs to bring in competition because that is what the NFL is all about. I never understood why the Jets never had someone to seriously push Sanchez.

11. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

You do realize the title I used to post here was the exact title of the article right? Hey maybe you can call NJ.com and have them change it also.....

#11 CowboysFan, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I think Sanchez wins the QB job in Training Camp. Time will tell....

13. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

II could care less who posted it, it's misleading.

I don't run NJ.com and I'm not a editor for them.

I have a right to the TGG Members not be mislead by bogus titles in this forum....even if it's from the media. I'm not here to sell newspapers.

You shouldn't take it personal since you're the OP, I wasn't blaming you.

14. 101GangGreen101

15. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Ok cool...

16. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

“Yeah, I’m comfortable with Mark being a Jet. I told him as well, we’re going to add competition. … It’s going to help make Mark and everybody else better.”

Not too worried about the quote. Nothing about starting or even playing. If Mark wins a competition he wins and so be it. Nobody is good enough to take the job from him, probably not good enough to start either.

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The quote means nothing. He is saying nothing. I know you're fine with it but what were people making any kind of noise about this expecting him to say? Why was this even turned into an article?

Idzik: Sanchez? Man, that guy baaaaaalllllllllllooooooooows! I can't believe Tanny stuck us with that bullshit guaranteed contract. But I guess there's a reason I have a job here, now isn't there?

That said, I think there's probably better than a 50% chance Sanchez is the '13 starter. It just is what it is. '13 is nothing more than a dump/build year IMO. If it happens to yield any kind of success or Sanchez suddenly "getting it", then that's just a huge bonus along the way.

18. coltsfan_nyc

coltsfan_nyc Banned

I can't see sanchez taking the field again next season. The fans will turn into a lynch mob!

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

you can't make decisions based on nitwit fans

20. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I don't think he deserves to even compete for the job. The Jets need to bring in a vet (Matt Hesselbeck) and have him and McElroy compete for the job, and if by some reason Sanchez gets a shot to play then so be it.