Cromartie To Be Traded Instead??Cimni

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LongIslandBlitz, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

Pretty impressive how the lack of a few full stops can render a post barely comprehensible. ^^

2. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Cimini is such a dick. "There's a small segment of the organization that would rather trade Cromartie than Revis, according to a source." Shut up you asshole and get to work.

3. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Small segment = Rex Ryan

4. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I have Zero doubt Revis will go free agent at the end of 2013 in order to insure he gets the best paycheck possible.

5. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

'I do agree with "JetPhan" trade them both. Get picks Rebuild with TALENT ALL AROUND specifically Offense and we might be able to contend again sooner then later

6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Like I posted before, Revis won't be traded.

Not because we won't try, but because Revis simply won't sign a new contract with any team that by necessity will be loaded with clauses due to the uncertainty of him coming off injury.

For Revis, staying with the Jets in 2013 is the way to go. Play the 1st half of the season slow coming back from injury, then turn in on in the 2nd half to show the world he's baaaaack.

THEN sign a long term mega deal with TONS of guaranteed mulla in 2014.

7. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

That's why the trade ceiling, is a second round pick.
    And you ship him to the first team that offers it.

8. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Call me stupid.

I'd deal BOTH in a heartbeat. Especially if that results in 2x 1st and 3+2nds.

There will be time when you need that shut-down corners. As for now, shutdown corner is a luxury, not a need.

9. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

Easy, put a poison pill in the contract. This one has it, why can't the next?

I think the idea of Revis holding out again and again is a bit exaggerated. He has been a selfish PITA, but he is about to become one of the highest paid players in the NFL and the highest paid CB of all time. The salary cap isn't climbing very quickly either, so how much more money would he expect to get over "the most ever"? I don't blame people for feeling skittish, but it won't happen.

As for trading Cro, this is exactly what I wrote in another thread. Cro just had a career year and Revis is coming off an injury. If we can resign Revis BEFORE having to make a final decisions between him and Cromartie, then trading Cromartie becomes an obvious solution. Moreover, I think we get top value for Cro whereas we will get a much more modest return for Revis considering his value.

All of that said, I think people, including some NFL GMs I've read quoted in articles, have badly underestimated the value of Revis. Much less impressive players have gotten their teams a pair of 1sts in the past. I see no reaso to think that Revis would get that and more, even coming off an injury. If he was 100% the sky would be the limit.... I dare say we'd be able to pull off something as close to a Herschel Walker trade as you can get today. But he isn't 100% and that won't happen, so that means The market value of Revis and Cro is roughly the same at the moment I bet.

10. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

i would only do that trade if we got that much EACH. People are underestimating what Revis and even Cro are worth. Roy Williams cost the 'Boys a 1,3,6,&7. Deion Branch netted the Patsies a 1st. Jared Allen, a damn fine player, cost a 1st, two 3rds, and a 6th I think. And so on.

And yet people on this board are saying that they hope to get a 1st and maybe another pick for Revis. Screw that!! Look at the history peeps. He is worth 2x1sts PLUS some more. Of course, just because he is worth that doesn't mean that we get it.... The Jets FO have been idiots. Hopefully that has changed now, but until I see it I am assuming we will screw something up.

Ain't I an optimist?

11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

If Jets can get multiple 1s (hopefully 3+) 2s and 3s (2+ each, hopefully), I wouldn't mind dealing both.

12. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

And I wouldn't mind seeing some emphazis on trying get draft picks for 2014, in order to trade up for the next franchise QB.
    The '14 draft is incredibly more important than this year's.

#72 Swedish Ale, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  13. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

You thinking Manziel? Or Bridgewater?

14. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

My gut tells me Bridgewater.
    And at 270 pounds, I got me some gut.

15. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

At this time, i couldn't agree with you more! It's like everyone is just speculating. Idzik is the only person who really knows what's going on.

16. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Then it'd make sense to trade him now to get as much as possible, wouldn't you agree?

17. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

They say the best pass defense is a pass rush. If we trade Revis or Cro, we should be looking for a BEAST to sign at DE.

I think Revis is now as good as gone, better only take the absolute best offer.

Cimini is a cock head.

18. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Yes. I don't think we get multiple 1st like some are saying.

Revis is a great player, but he's 27 coming off an injury, this contract will take him out 4-5 years or more. Do we really want to pay a 32+ year old Revis 16mil., most of that probably guaranteed? On a team that didn't make the play-offs this year, not likely to make them next year or the year after.

19. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

this is the smart thing to do. and i have been saying it since day 1....trade cro, his value is at its peak.

20. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

Much better idea. Revis is better, classier, and smarter than Cro. Cro's value is all-time high and would save more money, Revis's value is an all-time low and everyone is hitting the panic button after this year too quickly. It's also starting to get really freaking annoying hearing Cro defend Sanchez more than Rex does. Trade Cro, sign Revis long-term and cut Sanche'z ass after next year.