2013 TGG 3 Round Mock Draft / Discussions Only

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Jan 6, 2013.

1. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Could have just logged him out on the tab and he may not have realized it, happens to me all the time. If you'd like you can PM me your pick and go on for the night.

I'd still give him another 10 minutes even though the time went up at 11:12.

2. JohnnyThaJet

MeanDean, if you read this PM me so I know what to do about your pick. I realize WW is gone but for now Ill step in to make the Houston pick if its not made since I also have the Broncos pick.

By the way, Anyone know who the New England GM is?

3. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

4. JohnnyThaJet

5. JohnnyThaJet

Alright, Ill give Dean till Midnight to make his pick, I realize this isnt my call but again, we'd all like to get this draft moving. I'd like to have GMs make their own selections though, so thats why its till 12.

If not I have a player in mind to select.

#165 JohnnyThaJet, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  6. laxin

laxin Active Member

Yeah... Im not sure if he's gonna be around to make his picks. His last activity was a week ago so Im not even sure if he remembers the draft is today. I hope Im wrong though...

We need to get this thing going and all the GM's here for there picks!!!

7. JohnnyThaJet

8. JohnnyThaJet

I have the Denver pick via PM from BakerMaker.

9. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Sorry guys, I was having internet issues. I was trying to get this thing in for awhile now. I was getting angry, I don't even feel like talking about my pick now. haha

Again, I'm sorry I held this up a bit.

10. JohnnyThaJet

Sent PM to New England Patriots, hopefully he shows up.

11. JohnnyThaJet

A bit surprised you didnt select a different WR at 27 but I do like what Hunter brings to the table with his size/speed.

12. Win4ever

Win4ever New Member

I love the Hunter pick, he's actually the guy that I think has the highest potential among the WRs in this draft. Height, and speed, with decent hands. He's like Stephen Hill, but can catch the ball.

13. IIMeanDeanII

It seems like I have a very different view of a lot of the receivers in this draft. I think Keenan Allen is very overrated and I can't see him being a consistent threat in the NFL. Hunter seems to be losing steam and has taken a back seat to his counter part/team mate in Patterson. Which I think is bananas. I understand his ceiling, I get it, but I think the two most athlectic WR's in this draft are the two Tennessee WR's and Hunter is a freak in his own right, only he is much more well rounded in his game.

The receiver I'm sure you're talking about was an option but the size factor was the difference. I went with size, blocking, and atheletic ability overall and I feel Justin Hunter was the guy for the job.

14. IIMeanDeanII

Thanks.

I think Patterson is more like Hill. IMO

Hunter is a lot more polished than either player (Patterson - Hill). Hunter is an amazing athlete as well though, but I think his ceiling is a bit lower than Hunter and Patterson both. Their ceiling is higher, but will they reach that potential? Time will tell.

I would rather go with someone like, Hunter.

15. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

To me, the WRs that are off of the board: patterson, Hopkins, hunter, and Allen are the ones that should be. There are plenty of good wide receivers to be had, but those have the most tools IMO.

16. JohnnyThaJet

Actually size was not a factor for the guy I'm thinking of :). Although, hes not as tall as Hunter.

17. Win4ever

Win4ever New Member

Hunter could blow up at the combine because he's going to post some nasty stats with good size. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he went as the No. 1 WR after all is said and done.

18. IIMeanDeanII

That's what I meant, shoulda put height instead. I was looking at height, blocking, and a freak of an athlete with the Texans pick. Schaub needs those tall receivers.

To me there is only three receivers worth being drafted in the first, two have already been selected and one hasn't.

I seriously don't get the Keenan Allen and Patterson love, I just don't see it. lol

The guy that hasn't been talked about very much until recently, that should be, was really productive despite a hindrance to his game in college.

...but everyone is going to see things a bit differently, just my opinion of course.

Ha.. Draft time. :)

19. IIMeanDeanII

Oh, I'm not disputing his athletic stature. I also think he is going to blow people away at the combine, I've stated the same thing on this forum.

I don't know if he will be the No. 1 receiver taken, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. I don't think he will be though, but I think he greatly improves his draft status post combine.

20. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

thanks jtj. I took Rhodes because bailey's getting old and they need a fallback plan. smith lit bailey up good so someone young at cb is needed. Ultimately i think denver trades for Revis with this pick but for this draft ill take rhodes.