Cromartie To Be Traded Instead??Cimni

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LongIslandBlitz, Jan 27, 2013.

1. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

it seems some just don't get why most of us want mevis traded over cro. People are nuts if they think (injury or not) that cro can bring greater value. Trading mevis gives you more cap space (especially after the cuts) and gives us more room to sign decent to good talent at positions we'll need to fill after making those cuts or upgrading positions. That's why mevis needs to go. We need the space to fill in spots for Pace, Scott, Keller(?), Smith, Pouha, Landry, Bell (?), Howard/Moore/Slausen, Greene etc. You can't sign Jags for pennies and expect us to be better. We need draft picks to pan out and sign talented free agents. And we can only do that by having enough cap space. Not giving a selfish talented twat scrooge mcDuck type money.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

revis doesn't help with cap savings in 2013. he will get us draft picks and will free us from having to pay him > 10% of the salary cap with the threat of a holdout every other year

3. Jetphan73

Jetphan73 Active Member

exactly that's why I said trade Cro now because he does give the immediate relief this year of 8.25mm then pretend to sign Mevi$ and dump him next season early after he has re-established his value...

4. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

Revis should be considered lost already - we can either pay him crippling amounts of money, or trade him.
    Those are the only two options he will look at.

Also...
    • Revis is coming back off a torn ACL - will he even be the same?
    • Revis rather sees himself buying jewelry, than "merely being rewarded a ring" - he will never value money differently
    • Sadly, it's not a CB driven league - we'd be a juggernaut franchise if it was
    • And here's the death blow - IF Revis enters FA, due to a twist in Revis's contract we will still be hit by a $9M cap hit...
    We must re-sign him, or trade him.
    It's how Revis's personal interests is making this go down, it's not like anyone's twisting his arm making him ask for redicilous money.
    It all comes down to how much paying Mario Williams money will benefit the long-term progression of the TEAM.

5. BamaDoc

BamaDoc Active Member

He can terminate the contract after this year, can't be franchised and is a free agent! That is the whole deal people are up in arms over. If he leaves like this we look to get a 2015 after the third round comp pick ...Thats it nothing more except a nine million dollar cap hit also

6. NFL

NFL Active Member

I find it ridiculous that some of ya are calling Revis selfish for wanting to get paid as the best defensive player in the NFL.

7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

your right, he can ask for what ever he wants. thats his right.

that said, the jets are fools if they make him the highest paid defensive player

8. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Holding out is frustrating from a fan's view. You expect a player to honor their contract out. Revis held out before we ever signed him and then he held out while still on his rookie contract, that he held out for, I believe. It's frustrating. He can run and get as much money as he wants in FA, but then 2 years later holding out in that contract, frustrating from a fan's perspective.

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I don't know if he's selfish. Maybe he is. I do think it's clear that his priority is making as much money as possible while he can play. I don't think there is anything wrong with that at all, but understand that it's a conflict of interest with fans and the team both of whose priority is always going to be the team winning a championship.

Please don't misinterpret that as me thinking he can't help a team win a ring. I think he can under the right circumstances he can certainly hep a team or a few teams win a ring - they just have to be a shutdown corner away and have the cap space. That's probably always going to be a small window.

You just can build a team around him long term IMO. He's a short timer, money grab guy.

10. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

By the same token I think it's silly some people call the club cheap because they don't want to tie up 15M a year and 9% or so of cap on a CB.

Two sides to every coin,

If Revis will agree to a reasonable 9-12 million deal over the offseason keep him, if he doesnt' trade him. It's that simple.

11. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Revis has a no hold out clause in his contract. He can't hold out or he automatically gets resigned for a couple years for cheap. He ain't holding out, guaranteed. That's the last thing he wants.

#51 Barcs, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  12. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Trading both of our corners is a bad idea. That unit is the greatest strength on our team. That's ludicrous. I understand trading one or the other, and Cromartie's value is high, so I nominate him. LOL yeah, just trade all our best players with the highest salaries away, and replace them with cheap scrubs. Genius plan. Cromartie Holmes and Revis. Get rid of them all :rofl:

#52 Barcs, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  13. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Would you prefer to read an article from Cimini saying Izdick is dangling Eric Smith as trade bait as our path to get out of our cap hell??????? bahaha didn't think so.

As far as Cro, I'd hate to lose our best CB AND our 2nd best receiver. Is there a desperate team out there that needs both DB and WR help? I mean, other than the Jets?

14. 2insane

2insane Well-Known Member

Trade him.

Picks please.

15. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

We could get a kings ransom and save a lot of future cap space if we trade revis if we trade cro we will have to pay him a lot because he is now number one i do think we could get maybe a low first or high second for cro while first and second and 2014 first with revis so either way im fine but i would like to see one of them traded

16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

He is not worth the money, no corner or safety or DE or any other defensive player is. Selfish or not, he needs a dose of reality, unfortunately we are between a rock and a hard spot.

17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Right on the money, but the trade might come down to best value overall, present and future. My guess is that if they can move Revis that would be first choice, less drama and future headaches.

18. nyjets0425

nyjets0425 New Member

I would trade Cro over Revis. Cro's value is as high as it will be right now.

19. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

The clause was the only reason why he didn't hold out last season. After 2013 the contract is up and he will be either asking for astronomical $$ or test FA.

20. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Ok. And when after 2013 Revis asks for $16M or threatens to go FA you'll do what?