John Idzik Introductory Press Conference

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jeti, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

We desperately need a situation where we can bench Sanchez and have a cheap QB run this team next year. I dont think the Jets fanbase will be able to handle Sanchez at home after he turns over the ball...Even in preseason

2. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

Can't get cheaper than McElroy.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I have this feeling, and it's just a feeling at this point, that Sanchez is gone on June 1st. Either a trade before then, which is unlikely, or a cut.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

if thats the case this will be a 1-15 team next year. not because sanchez is gone but because j.idz decided to take the whole cap beating in 1 year. this will be the youngest team in n.f.l. history.

i am not sure how against that i am

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think 4-12 is the floor but 6-10 again is most likely even with with the cap cleanout. I just don't believe a Rex Ryan coached team is ever going to collapse into a pile of junk like that.

Rex will figure out how to make the defense competitive, the offense will be better than last year just because you can't really get worse than what we saw, the Jets will grind out 5 or 6 wins again.

6. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Sanchez is not gone, and we return a healthy WR corps.

We went 6 and 10 with Gates,Gilyard and co.

With Holmes,Edwards,Kerly and co, and Mohrinweg, we're 4 games better without breaking a sweat.

7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

that might be the best course of action this franchise could take. cut sanchez, trade revis, do not resign any of the other big money guys we have coming off the books and start anew. and hope that you have a guy at gm who can find the talent to field a completely new team over the next 2 to 3 years.

man thats fucking painful though.

8. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I agree. Getting worse makes no sense. We were pretty much as bad as it gets on offense, and we were missing 3 of our best players for most of the year. The team gets healthy and suddenly gets worse? I doubt it. With a healthy team this season we probably would have won 9 games at the worst. The injuries are what did us in and made us a below average team rather than average.