You are a GM...what will you trade for Revis?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Don, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Not really.

You're like Usain Bolt among a field of octogenarians.

2. Hobbes3259

Not a diva?

My recollection...and correct me if I'm wrong..lis that he held out twice.

While under contract.

But , no between him and Sean Gilbert there are no diva issues.

3. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Your wrong he held at once. He was not under contract before signing his rookie contract.

He did not report prior to signing a contract. This was the fault of the Jets who drove a hard bargain wanting a one year longer contract than is the norm for a pick taken outside the top 10 at that time. Eventually the Jets gave in putting in a 2 year voidable option which at the time it was thought would never be exercised. But because of how much Revis outplayed his contract it turned into a bargain for the Jets.

But the holdout in 2011 was definitely all Revis. I agree here that his demands were unreasonable IMO, but then again his holdout worked for him and made him a lot of additional money. But simply wanting more money and to be paid market value does not make him a diva. Rather it means he is acting like a businessman or even a Republican. Something I thought you would like.

#1063 Noam, Jan 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  4. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

I contribute to a sports website, here's why I think he should be traded:

http://thefanhub.com/posts/detail/907742/Why-the-Jets-should-trade-Darrelle-Revis

#1064 Dirty6Sanchez, Jan 26, 2013
  5. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Tell that to thePatriots who reoutinely trade away talent, or let high priced gusy (aside from QB)walk.

6. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

Heard on espn radio mevis wants to be paid as highest defensive player not CB. Something like peppers deal with Chicago (95M, 6yr, 50M guaranteed) or better. So Mevis jockeys, you want him for 17M a yr. Can't wait to get rid of this headache.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

7. Hobbes3259

8. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Thanks! I swear I didn't see your earlier post, I crunched those number myself haha. It's a good example though, for sure.

9. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

What's really annoying me is all the people saying to keep Revis won't put up any dollar amounts. It's just abstract stuff like sign him for "something reasonable". Don't let him go unless he "asks for too much". WTF are these abstract terms? People against Revis trade should at least put out the maximum amount their willing to pay.

For myself:60-65 Million/5 years & 40-50M guaranteed.
    This is the MAX I'd offer right now while he's injured. If Revis accepts then Jets start shopping around Cromartie to see what they can get for him. If Revis insists on 15M+ a season then he's gotta go.

Revis is NOT gonna show the Jets any loyalty when he goes unrestricted FA. All this bullshit about wanting to retire a Jet is PR crap that every athlete spits out. When he's a FA, he's going to the highest bidder. Then he's gonna tell everyone that it was never about the money. He just wanted to be in an organization that cared about him & treated him like a person. Then he'll tell his new team how happy he is to be welcomed into their family and wants to retire there.

#1069 ajax, Jan 26, 2013
  10. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Because they have the mentality the Jets are now taking on. No one player is bigger than the team.

The FO has to stand by that mentality if they want the players to buy in.

Honestly, fuck Revis.

He is going to the highest bidder. what change in behavior has he demonstrated after two hold outs that he is going to give the Jets a hometown discount?

lol.

11. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

1. I am talking about Reed.

2. They lost to the Cowboys both of the two years prior in the playoffs.

3. Revis is our only talent.

4. Like I already stated, we have never won a Superbowl by trading our best player for picks. But the player we traded away did.

5. We have been in rebuilding mode since 1969.

6. I know my sh!t

#1071 rico college, Jan 26, 2013
  12. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

ESPN streamer, Mevi$ wants to be paid like Mario Williams, 6 year, 96 million.

Holy cow, his agents are insane, there is no way the Jets are going to give him this kind of money.

I think the Jets could use that money and spread it around and fill the holes this team has.

13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

That blog post that Ryan wrote was excellent.

Keep up the great work.

You state opinions and back it up with concrete facts.

loved it bud.

14. rico college

and they have lost every Superbowl they have played in since then too......

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

you forgot to add that he will threaten to hold out again in 3 years when his contract isn't the highest.
    i love the way he plays and hate to see him go, but they can't let him hold the franchise hostage every 3 yers. and there is no evidence to say he won't

16. FJF

those poor bastards

17. rico college

I like your write up, it is very well written. But Jets history proves otherwise. Every time the JETS have traded away talent, they never even close to winning a ring. Only when they traded away their picks, is when they went to back to back championship games.

A 2rd pick in this draft is worthless, it is the worse draft class I have ever seen. If Woody doesn't want to pay him, then It would be better to trade him next season to a playoff bound team for a 1st rd pick in the following years draft. Then trade both 1st round picks for a QB, like Johnny football or whoever is better at the time.

Next year is already toast.

When ever a player is in their last year of their contract, they always give their best. It is a win / win to kept him at this point.

#1077 rico college, Jan 26, 2013
  18. FJF

there is no window to trading him after the season. when the season is over he walks and goes to the highest bidder. it is either trade him now for what ever they can get or he walks after the season and we get a comp pick.

19. rico college

Actually I am a long distance runner, a two time NYC Marathon finisher and I am only a quadragenarian.

Or would you just like to start another thread just about how great I am?

20. rico college

I stand corrected. I would just take the comp pick then. Trading him is going to send the wrong message to the rest of the team and especially the fans.