You are a GM...what will you trade for Revis?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Don, Jan 23, 2013.

1. AlToon

AlToon Member

Its not about 2013.

Play out the contract? Revi$ will void the last 3 years and become a free agent. The Jets don't want to pay Revi$.

The Jets can not let Revi$ walk out the door for nothing.

They have two options. Pay him. Trade him.

What are you proposing? Nothing. Revi$ plays in 2013. Voids the last 3 years. Leaves as a free agent. That's some strategy.

Unfortunately,you don't see many in season trades in the NFL.

THE JETS DO NOT WANT TO PAY DARRELLE REVIS

Bottom line.

2. AlToon

AlToon Member

Revi$ can push some teams over the top. How much is that worth?

Revi$ is playing for his supper. He wants to get paid. Revi$ will have a very good season so he will get paid.

3. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I stopped reading there. They have THREE options. Pay him, trade him, or LEAVE IT ALONE.

He is signed through 2013 (forget about the 3 years after, we all know that isn't happening).

How do you know the Jets do not want to try and resign their best player, possibly of all time? They would be foolish to not want to lock him up. But this year, the money isn't there to extend him. Also, this year, by trading him, it does no help to our cap situation.

So I say, just let him play in 2013! The Jets can try and resign him next year. If it doesn't work out, he walks away.

Would I rather him walk AFTER 2013 than trade him now and get the lowest possible value for him? Yes I would. We aren't going to get the right value for him, so I'd rather have Revis for one more season with a chance of resigning him next year than trading him for below what he is worth now.

The Jets are not obligated to do anything. Revis is obligated to play out his contract. Revis will be a Jet next year if they leave it alone. Figure out a way to resign LaRon Landry, and lets watch the best secondary in football bring this team back into contention.

4. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

So, its not been confirmed by anybody whatsoever w/in the NYJ. All this is - is yet another dopey hack fabricating or spreading a rumor for the purpose of creating controversy when in reality there is nothing to report. The NYJ have no need to deny anything - nor should the NYJ deny anything. Its not more than a "when did u stop beating your wife?" rumor.

Your theory that it is a "well timed leak" makes no sense - there is no advantage whatsover for a team to leak that information since if it was true - showing your cards and leaking completely devalues the bargaining position and leverage in any eventual trade. Secondly, Izdik's been here 3 -4 days - he didn't intentionally leak anything to anybody, least of jason f'ng lacanfora which is another reason why its an obvious bs story- he is making bs up in effort to drum up idiotic controversy amongst the suckers that believe his baloney. Idzik is very very smart - i hope he bitch slaps the the rumor mongering media over this at his next presser. they have no stds at all and simply repeat useless anonymous rumors or simply make up stories and attribute the information to "sources close to the team..." and the suckers believe it ... LMAO>:lol::lol::lol:

#1024 AbdulSalam, Jan 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  5. Viffer98

Viffer98 Member

I don't even think it's a case of the Jets don't want to pay Revis as much as they know he will go to the highest bidder, and they know they can't match some of the ridiculous FA signings you see in the league. Face it, Revis is GONE after 2013. Period. So you can get whatever you can for him now or get NOTHING for him after the season.

Personally I would rather get 2 or 3 high draft picks NOW than NOTHING at the end of the season.

6. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

yeah our cap situation sucks this year

but what about next year? lets say revis plays next season, why can't we cut a bunch of fools like tone and sanchez to lower the cap and then offer revis a contract?

7. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

you must have missed the bit where I said - "I am not saying that these would be good trades, or ones the Jets should take, but they are more realistic than people thinking we are going to get two 1st round picks for Revis - I would be very surprised if they could get 1 first rounder."

8. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

i think if serious about re-signing him, they have to do it now.
    The salary can inflate next year, when cap room would be freed up more.

But waiting until he becomes a FA, his value goes up and likely prices us out.
    Could also end up on an AFC team..
    I'd say either sign or trade before this season ends.

9. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Because at some point paying your corner 16 million a year isn't worth it no matter how good he is.

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

its not so much that part. its what he wants and his % of the cap vs where this team is right now. keeping him at 15/year when we are trying to rebuild is pointless.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Good call, Barcs.

12. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

The latter quote o's the only hope of more than a high 2.

13. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

Nobody is arguing that he won't try. He is a very hard worker. His health is the question and that can be totally out of his control. I'm pretty sure he didn't want to get hurt but it can happen.

If healthy he would surely put a team over the top but again he is nothing close to a sure thing healthwise at this point.

14. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

One wonders if the NFL source is the recently departed Mr T.

And The second article cannot be true.

If several GMs reached out to Revi$ agents to say they were shopping him, that's tampering.

15. jetski10

jetski10 New Member

if a team offers a good deal ,..grab it and run !

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I thought about that and you are probably correct in this.

Tanny is a jobless fuck and is trying to make money somehow.

17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

not if they had permission

18. Viffer98

Viffer98 Member

This. Think about it; Revis has always said he wants to be a Jet for life. Let out trade rumors while at the same time negotiating with Revis behind the scenes. If he truly wants to stay here maybe they can work out a contract extension that's fair to both Revis and the Jets. If not then you know for sure he is going to bolt at the end of the season so get what you can for him now.

Very smart play.

19. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

the story about nothing continues. NEWSFLASH : the owner "might" want to do alot of things or he "might" not want to do something... Stay tuned for updates at 11 ... suckers.

20. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Revis can choose to stay a Jet by signing a Cap-Friendly extension that is worth less than the $16 mil he wants per season. If he says no, then HE no the JETS are choosing to move on without him.