Possible Revis spots

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BamaDoc, Jan 24, 2013.

1. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

2. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

No one is saying that they want to keep Sanchez. If getting rid of him was an option, that would be the top priority. People get too emotionally attached to some of these players. It doesn't make financial sense to keep him because there are too many other priorities that need addressing. Trading him might afford you that opportunity to address these.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Dumervil has $12M guaranteed in 2013, $10M guaranteed in 2014 and $9M guaranteed in 2015.

4. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

Why would we trade Revis for a player, who will probably need an extension? WE NEED PICKS

5. laxin

laxin Active Member

Give me Decker instead + picks.

Dummervil is too old and has too big of a contract. That kind of defeats the purpose of the trade. If a player is involved, he's gotta be young and cheap with some good upside.

6. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

There you go.

7. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

If KC gets him that would be crazy. Flowers on one side and Revis on the other = best CB duo in the NFL.

8. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

He's a beast of a player and he''s not that old but shit, I didn't know his contract was that big.

9. laxin

laxin Active Member

He's 29, and he could start slowing down since his game is built on his explosion. He's very good, but not great.

A major point in trading Revis is that we a rebuilding and wont be seriously competing for a SB for a couple of year, which would just be eating up his prime period. Dummervil would fill a whole, but whats the point in filling a hole that costs a lot and will only be filled while you are rebuilding?

I would take the chance on a draft pick every time instead of Dummervil. Like I said, if we are getting a player he needs to be- cheap, young and talented. Eric Decker would qualify and I would much rather him and their 1st.

10. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

I'd do it for Percy Harvin plus a 1st or two 2nds.

Get it done, Johnny.

11. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

they have had talks with the niners and the seahawks apparently. I would imagine the conversation has been along the lines of:

seahawks = matt Flynn + pick (2nd or 3rd rounder)

niner = Alex Smith + pick (2nd or 3rd rounder) or kendall hunter (?) their RB

neither gets me too excited but you are never going to get anything close to value for revis because everyone knows about his enormous wage demands

#191 JetsUK, Jan 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  12. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Ryan Mallett, Danny Woodhead, and a #1.

That'd do it! :beer:

13. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

^ I hate the patriots to no end, but I would do that trade too. Good one.

14. Eat Man

Eat Man New Member

yeah, honestly, if we ship revis and keep sanchez i sincerely think i'm done with the team. i'm really not a bad fan, but if that were to happen i would find it too uncomfortably satirical.

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i don't want any trade tht involves someones back up qb. unless we are getting a sure fire starter (and we won't) i'd rather get draft picks. on the same note, no players over 26 y.o. this is the year of the youth movement

16. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

keeping Revis makes no sense for a team without a QB and that is nowhere near competing - its like the Cards hanging onto Fitz.

ditching Sanchez makes no sense as he costs us more to ditch than to keep and its hardly as though he is going to be causing a QB controversy if they do bring someone else in unless they suck beyond all belief.

17. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I agree unless you were getting someone with apparent real potential like Kirk Cousins then much better to get a pick - but the problem is we wont get a 1st rounder for Revis with his contract being what it is - and I would rather get a good, young player and another need position like LB or OL and a mid-round pick, than a meh QB

18. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Asomugha is due $15 mil next year, what makes you think Revis will not demand at least that. Don't think the ACL injury is going to knock too much off what he wants.
    Even though I would like the Jets to be able to lock him up on a cheaper long term deal he is not taking it. Some team will give him $14-$16 mil. Mario Williams got a 6 year $96 mil contract ($16 mil a year), Julius Peppers got a 6 year $91 mil I believe ($15+ mil a year) and that was in 2010. I just don't see how you come up with no one giving him $15 mil a year.

19. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Any GM looks at the first round pick they currently have, they realize that there is no way they get the pick of a lifetime that ends up being a Revis type player, they thus trade their first and third for Revis if not more.

Lets see if you have some logic behind your thinking of only a second round pick.

20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

the contract isn't an issue. any trade is going to be contingent on new contract.
    as far as cousins, i wasn''t thinking of him hen i made that post. i would take him and a 1st, but no way redskins get rid of him with rg3's knee.