You are a GM...what will you trade for Revis?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Don, Jan 23, 2013.

1. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Seahawks = matt Flynn + 2nd rounder

Niners = alex smith + 2nd rounder

or alex smith + kendall hunter + 3rd rounder

2. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

If Idzik doesn't get us at least, AT LEAST a 1st and a 3rd then I will headline the Fire Idzik Thread, I can tell you that much.

3. Barcs

Barcs Banned

^Unless it's a #1 overall or something close. I just read the NY post article, and Schwartz said, "If I'm the Kansas City Chiefs, I offer the #1 overall pick for him". That would be pretty bad ass to get a #1 overall. I'd take that #1, and trade it down for a later 1 and 2+3 or something like that. We'd have 2 firsts, 2 seconds and 2 third round picks. That should be enough to stock up on Linebackers and offensive linesman. I want that to be the theme of this draft, and try to get an early RB as well. I really really hate to see Revis go, however, but it's either now or risk losing him and taking a 9 million dollar hit for 2014. I don't understand that cap hit at all, what the fuck was Tanny thinking with that contract? He should be rehired and then fired again for that shit! Funny now that he's gone we're starting to realize just how many bad contracts he signed. I didn't even know about that 9 million hit for 2014 if he leaves.

#983 Barcs, Jan 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  4. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

My side of the argument is simple.

He's got one year at 6 mil, and is a two time holdout, following the Sean Gilbert school of negotiation.

So....

A high 2.

You?

5. Hobbes3259

Dude this thing sucks.

For some reason, I can't even quote a new post without doucheing the memory.

But it keeps my ass off the hard office chair at the pc.

Apologies.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

If you're using Tapatalk, you may be activating the multi-post option.

7. laxin

laxin Active Member

You honestly think a team would trade for Revis without a contract already done? Cmon man, you’re [hopefully] better than that.

A trade isnt getting done unless Revis agrees with a new contract with his new team, because as then the Jets would definitely not be maximizing his value (a hugh 2 as you say). If Revis decides to hold out with that new team in 3 years, that’s their problem...

8. Hobbes3259

10 per ent of the cap on a corner, is cause for immediate termination of a GM.

Al Davis cou,d do it because he was an owner.

9. Hobbes3259

Matt Flynn has no chance to push Sanchez.

Alex Smith could, but would crumble in the media shitstorm, if he won :mad:

10. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Rex wants to keep Mevi$

+SHARE
    By Gregg Rosenthal

Published: January 24, 2013 at 7:42 AM
    Modified: January 24, 2013 at 7:28 PM
    New York Jets coach Rex Ryan is fond of referring to Darrelle Revis as the best defensive player in the NFL. It should be no surprise that Ryan reportedly wants to keep his cornerback.

My old boss, Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk, reported Thursday that Ryan doesn't want to trade Revis. The cornerback is coming off anterior cruciate ligament surgery and has only one year left on his contract, so Jets owner Woody Johnson has made it clear he wants to explore all options with Revis.

To recap: The owner might want to trade the team's best player. The coach wants to keep him. The general manager, who was just hired, is caught in the middle. The coach and general manager don't know each other.

On top of all that, Johnson wasn't exactly effusive in his praise of Ryan to prospective general managers in interviews. Former Denver Broncos executive Ted Sundquist interviewed with the Jets and said Johnson's wildly supportive news conference of Ryan was not reflective of the owner's feelings behind closed doors.

"I think Mr. Johnson realizes there are weaknesses and deficiencies there," Sundquist told ESPNNewYork.com. "He was adamant about how the players love Rex, their connection with him. But then he was like, 'That said ... ' -- and he listed X, Y and Z, the things Rex needs to improve upon."

Ryan has two years left on his contract. Revis has one. It wouldn't be a shock if they both work elsewhere in 2014.

Follow Gregg Rosenthal on Twitter @greggrosenthal.

Sorry if this was already posted, I have not seen it.

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Well it's not up to Rex wherever we trade Revis or not - too bad Rex

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i didn't see where rex said he wants to keep revis?if there isn't a quote its specultion

13. abyzmul

The Sundquist thing is the main reason that I am skeptical about the Idzik hire.

Yeah, Woody went out and got a consultant to help him find a new GM. One of the candidates is a blogger who is now using that interview to go buck wild in the media about the state of the team.

If that consulting firm is so clueless about candidates that they would bring a guy in who has very overt ulterior motives, how confident can we be about the character of the other candidates?

14. abyzmul

Alex Smith took almost a decade to show that he was halfway decent and all it took was the team surrounding him with all stars on the offensive line, at runningback and tight end, and a very solid receiving corps that they keep trying to stick with talent.

That sucker would fail all day long on this team.

15. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Yeah, all of this sounds like assumption. Rex thinks Revis the best, therefore, it can be reported that Rex wants to keep him putting the new GM in the middle.

Great reporting douchebags.

16. PearsonJones

PearsonJones New Member

No thanks on both. Those Qb's are or will want big money and are not that good, I'd rather draft one either this year or next and bring in a veteran of the WCO.

Kendall Hunter is now a 3rd choice rb. Their using Lamicheal James more and more now

17. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Of course Rex wants to keep him. Rex is a coach with the best CB in the league on his team. That is perfectly natural. He cannot be commenting to people about it though. He can voice it in the "collaborative" meeting. With our moronic media, I wonder if anyone has said anything. Or if they are just throwing out their 'anonymouses." That is a practice that has to stop.

#997 jdon, Jan 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  18. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Maybe. Maybe this guy realized that he has not been a GM for a few years, could not get the Jet job, and does not figure to get many more offers, so he is burning bridges.

19. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

To be fair, you would think that most candidates who are interviewing for this (or any job) would be willing to not talk about it so openly. It's not the fault of Woody or the firm that they guy can't keep his mouth shut when he has been interviewed for a position.

I'm actually curious if he has ever interviewed for GM openings in the past, and if so, did he blab about what that team did/said to the media...?

Guy is trying to sell drama in the Jets organization where I bet most cap-strapped organizations are going through the same dilemma.

20. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Greggggg Rosenthal is the guy that used to be on PFT and work with Florio, and I think we all know the position that site had/has regarding the Jets.