You are a GM...what will you trade for Revis?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Don, Jan 23, 2013.

1. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

You must type very fast or something, your words are running together. That being said, I highly doubt any move any franchise can make (short of moving out of the city) would set them back 20 years. There's too much parity in the league for that to happen.

The Revis trade won't destroy our franchise.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

In the years you will hit puberty and won't care about the Jets.

3. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

All it takes is one team to decide they're going to give a 1st and another day 1/2 pick. Then other teams will get desperate. There's very little chance that every team will balk at that. He'll instantly turn a secondary around. If you're in the NFC South and have to face Julio Jones or NFC West with Larry Fitzgerald or NFC North with Calvin Johnson and Brandon Marshall, I can get a stud cornerback right now before he gets on the open market?

Any team in the league would want him. It's a bit of a game of chicken on all sides because part of the reason teams would want him is because they know the alternative might be your rival getting him. And the contract plays a role here, too.

It's complicated, but if you're Tampa Bay, I'd trade our 1st, a 3rd, and a future 3rd for Revis in a vacuum. He would do so much for that team defensively with Barron at safety.

And if I'm Atlanta, Carolina or New Orleans, I don't like seeing Tampa going after him and I might consider a move.

4. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

This year: #1, and #2.
    Next year: #2

Or

This year: #1, #2 and #3.

Take it or leave it.

5. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

It just seems like a huge amount for the Bucs to give up for a guy that is returning from a torn ACL, that they'd have to pay 12+ million to next season. I just think the contract situation makes him so much less valuable than his skill level should dictate.

6. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

So, what's yor trade...it's a simple question.

7. Hobbes3259

Any of the 31 not named Jets

What's the offer.

8. Hobbes3259

What's your offer...L

Logic rape that.

9. RutgersJET

RutgersJET Member

If I'm the Redskins, I'll trade Revis for RGIII straight up, or Revis for Kirk Cousins and a #1 MAYBE #2 with compensatory 2014 pick

10. Hobbes3259

You will too ;)
    ....l

11. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

LOL, love this thread.

12. laxin

laxin Active Member

It seems like everyone around here has to prove everything to you although it seems the majority is opposing you... Why dont get off your high and mighty horse and explain why your side doesnt need any explaining? Why is it so implausible to say that the Jets can realistically get a 1st and 3rd?

Whats your argument against the huge market driving up the price?

Or the fact that other deals have been made with lesser players for the price you think is realistic for Revis (a 2nd)?

Or why a GM wouldnt want Revis if they are serious contenders with a small window?

What is your side of the argument? It just seems like you like to pose a question and just repeat it. I mean you're post history probably has about 1000 posts revolving around a) you repeating the names of 4th stringers on the Jets b) you saying Sanchez played in a WCO in college or c) you asking what someone would do if they were GM.

13. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

What bothers me is that if all these teams can afford to sign him, why can't we? Are we that deep in cap hell?

14. Laszlo Kovacs

Laszlo Kovacs Active Member

Saints (although I don't know what they can do about their cap situation) 1st 2013 + 2nd 2013.

Broncos 1st 2013 + 1st 2014.

Steep prices? Sure, but I would honestly consider to break the bank for Revis if was a GM with an aging QB, a closing window and a desperate need to improve the secondary.

15. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

It will be a second round that will get boosted to a first round based on conditions.

The ACL injury and the me first attitute decreases the trade value.

So many unrealistic trade desires here...

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You quoted three posts and responded to one... I think?

Owning a new iPad doesn't really account for that. I think that I may lay off untiI see something from you that demonstrates mental clarity.

17. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Jets aren't trading the best CB in football for the same price Miami got for Vontae Davis. C'mon.

18. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Possible good comparison: Vikings traded a top 10 pick and two third rounders to the Chiefs for Jared Allen. And Revis is a better player than Allen. If you can get that that type of value, you consider it. But some of you want to trade the guy for a late first rounder? Now way. This is one of the top ten players in the NFL.

19. laxin

laxin Active Member

Its a matter of "is it smart for that team to sign him?"

Im sure we could find a way to sign him and move some money in other contracts and do it the same way Tanny did all while we are a rebuilding team- ultimately screwing ourselves even worse than we are now. Say, a team like the Broncos are in position to make a SB run if they sure up some positions (CB being one of them). They could move money similarly if they dont have the cap room now, and if they win a SB, its well worth it.

See, we are not in position to give out 15 million a year to a person thats not an elite QB because we are a couple of years away from even being a serious team. We are not a team close to making a SB run, sadly. If we were and we had our franchise QB, I would say give the man what he wants.

20. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Don't worry, we can get a competent replacement, Nmandi Ashomouga is gonna be a free agent.

Rex and Tanny swear he's the 2nd best CB in the NFL.