You are a GM...what will you trade for Revis?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Don, Jan 23, 2013.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

you can do this. but another g.m. is playing for the 2013 season.there are a few teams who think revis could be the piece that get them a playoff birth or a home play off game or to the ccg. the one that plays conservative might not even get to talk to revis in 2014

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

why would you bring another threads argument into this one?

3. AlToon

AlToon Member

The two sides haven't engaged in any contract talks, but that should change in the coming weeks. Revis is scheduled to make $6 million in 2013, including a $1 million roster bonus due around March 20. Before then, the Jets have to decide what to do with their best player.

It will be hard to receive fair-market value in a trade, as Revis is only three months removed from ACL surgery. However, an opposing personnel executive, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said he wouldn't be surprised if the Jets still extract at least a first-round pick for the injured corner.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...-idzik-reaches-star-cornerback-darrelle-revis

The league year begins March 12 at 4pm.

4. laxin

laxin Active Member

If I was the Broncos, I would most definitely give up a 1st and dangle a player at them... I think Decker and a 1st would make a done deal. Manning can throw to almost anyone. With images of Flacco tearing their D up, Im sure they are going to be making a strong push at Revis. Bailey is getting old and they need a CB.

TB- I would throw out a 1st and a 4th to start. At 13, the Bucs would love if Milliner fell to them, but the see reality that he's not making it out of the top 10. They make a bold push for Revis and have proven recently they are willing to give out big contracts (Jackson and Nicks) and they need someone to cover Julio/Roddy and Colston to try and compete in the division.

49ers- I have an outstanding young group of players and am trying to build a dynasty. I offer my very low first and 3rd to start off with because I know that a healthy Revis could potentially make this defense one of the best ever.

5. PuMa

PuMa Banned

6. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

has there been 1 person in the NYJ front office who has declared that this rumor is actually true?

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Itsa helluva gamble I know, but given the history of the Jets, its one worth taking. You could always make a move this season too. If you come in late enough with a big enough offer, you'd be playing on the greed of the Revis camp and the inability of the Jets to counter. Right now, I would let other teams do the negotiating and come in big near the end. If it costs my team 1 high DP and cash, I would consider it a win. If it costs my team only cash, I would consider it a lottery win. In any event, I would let other teams determine the market for Revis and them come in with an offer the Wiz and Woody couldn't refuse ie: take Revis off the Jets payroll and perhaps a high 1st rd. DP to keep the natives happy. I wouldn't give up a lot in terms of future considerations. Why? Because the Jets have no leverage over Revis.

8. PuMa

PuMa Banned

No but they surely haven't denied it.

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

It hasn't been denied outright. Not even by Woody himself. So for better or worse, this is more than a rumor. Perhaps a well timed leak to stake out a bargaining position.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think Denver would be a far better one. Bailey got torched one-on-one against Baltimore by receivers that Revis would eat alive. And their window of opportunity is far shorter that the Pats, because they have to rely on Manning.

I think they will likely be the highest bidders in terms of draft picks.

My main concern is that they keep Revis for the remainder of his contract, let him go...

... and THEN he goes to the Pats as a free agent.

11. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Dirty, I was not accusing you.,, I was merely asking 1 of 31, what's the trade... Your manners are above reproach.

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The new GM has stated that he is vetting the current roster for opportunities. And no one in the organization has denied it. That is as close to a declaration as you will get, Mangold hater.

13. Fraze27

Fraze27 New Member

It would be some sh*t if the jets somehow told revis that they have a contract waiting for him next offseason. This year is going to be a struggle so maybe we could pick up a couple picks and then bring him back.

14. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

2 1sts.

i would have to have an elite qb at the helm though and a 2-3 year window to get it done (see: New Orleans, Seattle, Atlanta, etc..)

15. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

In 3 years we are all gonnabe talking about how the Revis trade destroyed the franchise and set us back 20 years. Mr.T would never of traded Revis, There's no Andrew Luck or RG3 in the draft this year or next year, So if your not gonna get a guy like that out of the deal then why do it???????????

16. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Quick answer why not sit out and wait till revis is a free agent and then swoop in with a big offer after 2013?

Easy, 31 other teams. A trade and sign means he's yours, a wait and sign means tying up your entire 2014 off season playing the same game the Jets wound up playing with Aso. If you wait till he's a Free agent it will be a feeding frenzy bid war. By being in the trade and sign game the pool of potential teams is much smaller.

besides, if the Jets are serious someone will make an offer that's palatable.

17. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Nope.
    In 3 yrs we will all be talking about how Revis trade REJUVENATED this franchise. And you're right -- Tanny wouldn't have done it he would unnecessary extend a rookie QB to get into the cap hell instead.

18. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

trading Revis to New England would be a one way ticket for a Patriots Super Bowl win on our home field. there's no coming back from that.

19. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Hobbes, you really gotta first specify WHAT TEAM "you are GM" of.

If I'm GM if Broncos and there is a competition for Revis, I'd go as high as 1st, 3rd and a conditional.

If I'm GM of Seattle, I might give you a bag of footballs... Maybe stock up your soda machine for a month.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The precedent has been established that that deal would be frontloaded and Revis would hold out for more after the rich years had gone by.

There's just no way the Jets can make a deal with him and trust him to honor it.