Possible Revis spots

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BamaDoc, Jan 24, 2013.

1. tooooon

tooooon Active Member

I gladly skip over any post that is childish enough to type "Mevi$"

2. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Funny how you'll defend Sanchez to death but the hate you have for our best player since Namath is unrivaled on here.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Hobbes, I'm just looking out for you. I want to make sure you're OK. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, I thought you had thicker skin. My bad assumption, I'll remember for future reference.

Oh I get to be the GM? I'll trade my entire 2013, 2014, and 2015 drafts for Revis because he's the bestest ever. Sound good? Ask a silly question and get a silly answer.

I completely agree he should be traded. You'll get no argument from me on that one. His value will be dictated by the market. You have one of the top 2 in NFL history at his position and a list of teams already reported to be interested and calling about his availability.

Given that, I think it's more than reasonable to suggest the Jets will get at least first round pick value for him. Given that guys like Vonte Davis and Antonio Cromartie go for 2nd round picks, I'd say a second round pick is too low for placing a value.

I think your opinion of where his value lies is out of whack with reality.

4. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Joe klecko?

I don't ever remember him demanding 10 percent of the salary cap in his pocket.

Maybe next year, in the fifth grade, they will teach the difference between talented, and best ( in totality) or the term proportionality

I only defend Sanchez, in the context of what he is asked to do...and what his skill set is.

I condemn Revis, in the context of requesting a shit ton more, than his skill set mandates, by virtue of position, an I apologize in advance, for the jerk off lead in, but being antagonized rankles me.

I'll argue with anyone the live long day..but..obnoxious begets obnoxious, so lets have a :beer: and be cool!

5. Hobbes3259

Oh stop.

When you go to the untoward remark, it's only fair to use your position, as a skewers.

You're a GM on one of the 31 other teams. Revis is in for 6 mil this year, and reportedly wants 15 next.

Tell me what team you are, and what you trade for him.

A high second...is a reach.... But you're telling me Im Wrong....30 teams are out...which team, and what pick?

Simple question, .....at least as simple as telling me how wrong I am...

6. Hobbes3259

This is comical. I say high 2 , on TWO threads, yet no Madden player,,,will tell me what team will trade what pick for Revis.....

We get many " oh a first rounder for sure" name the team.

All but the last two picks are cemented.

Tell me JR.GMs what are YOU trading for 24

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It doesn't matter what my answer is you're going to tell me you disagree. I've already given you the pertinent facts to explain why I believe you're wrong.

I'll let the cards play out and we'll see which one of us is right, OK? I'd offer an avatar bet since you're so overly confident in a losing position, but you've already committed to something else. :grin:

8. Hobbes3259

I'm just asking for an answer to consider.

I may disagree, but my high 2 is out there.

You won't answer, because as much fun as it is to call me wrong, like your post days..lOMG illll disagree.

That's not an answer that's a dodge.

I dosagree with everyone. But

I AM Never afraid to submit my opinion.

31 GMs what do you trade for Revis?

#168 Hobbes3259, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  9. 74

74 Well-Known Member

cheers, I'm drinkin a brew right now. pretty badass for a 5th grader... dude, I know where your coming from but its a different day and age now. I don't hate a guy just for trying get paid as much as he can.

10. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Give me Brock Osweiler as well in the Denver deal and I'm in.

11. MikeSLTJ23

Regardless of money, he's worth a first to a Super Bowl-caliber team for next season alone. We're a rebuilding team. Just like any rebuilding team, Revis should not be in our plans for the future. A perennial playoff team that can take on that salary should DEFINITELY entertain trading a high pick for him. Draft picks are much more valuable to bad teams because they typically already having cap issues due to bad signings. Revis is a player that helps put a team that's close over the top and that's invaluable to a team that just can't quite get over the hump. To one of those teams he's worth more than a 1st.

12. Hobbes3259

Me too,but some point reality for Rwvis, has to set in. And as a Fan,,,,if you make it t a tailgate, you're next :beer: is on me.....

13. Hobbes3259

Name the team, and the number pick

14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Nothing to do with the ACL, everything to do with the money on a team that needs major rebuilding blocks. I do agree that the contracts to Holmes and Sanchez were pathetic.
    Revis is the best defensive player, but if we get proper value we can upgrade in areas were we have some substandard players. We need to balance this team out.

15. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

This is why I think we might get a late first. I think it's worth the gamble for a team with legit Super Bowl expectations. I could see a bidding war between good teams upping the price to a late first and a third or a future third that could be a second based on playing time and resigning, or whatever.

Actually, now that I think of it, maybe the Saints are the way to go? They have a better pick than other "contenders" and their defense is terrible. I'm not sure the cap situation, though, since they couldn't afford to keep Carl Nicks last season.

16. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Thanks pal... I will admit that reality has been setting in for me but posts saying the team should try to F over Revis to spite him don't really help ur cause here. I don't want to sign him for 17 mil per but I also don't want to trade him away for just a 2nd rounder. I think Idzik was a good hire so all I can do is trust that he'll make the best decision for the Jets.

17. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

The possibility that we might start next season with Sanchez here but not Revis is making me nauseous.

18. MikeSLTJ23

I'm not going to pretend to know the Broncos' cap situation, but I would like to offer Revis for Decker, Osweiler, and a 1st (#28 pick). I would probably take #28 and either Decker or Osweiler. All of this would hinge on Osweiler's actual development behind Manning though. Without knowing how he performed in practice from day to day, I think a year sitting behind Peyton as a high ceiling rookie is invaluable.

19. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

20. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

This times a million. i cant believe how many people want Revis gone. It's almost like getting in a time capsule to go back a year ago and reading 80% of people talk about how they would take Sanchez over Manning.

It's ludicrous. Trading Revis should be a last resort. And if you have to trade Revis, you better get at least one first rounder back, and 3 picks total.