You are a GM...what will you trade for Revis?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Don, Jan 23, 2013.

1. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

All we need to do is find one team that will give us a bonanza package for Revis. Hobbes, as retarded as he usually is, is absolutely correct. The man is a corner. Show me all teh shut down corners on the teams winning superbowls the last 15 years.Sow me the stud D lineman and LBs on teh superbowl winning teams. Im pretty sure youll find the number to be wildly out of proportion. Coincidence? No

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

One of them will win this year LOL

3. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

I hate the fact that we are going to loose our best player in 10 years and one of our top 5 players of all time. Thanks to Rex and Tannenbaum for locking up Mark to that extension, and paying Holmes all that money, this is going to happen.
    I wonder if we are going to have anything to cheer about next season. A rebuilding year, cap trouble, and a major shortage of talent. Oh I forgot, we have to listen to Rex's bullshit for at least another year.
    Trading Revis is the right thing to do for the future, but it is going to be tough to swallow for the next season at least. I'm going to be pretty upset unless we get at least a 1st round draft pick for him. I think a first and a third would be fair. Id even take a pick in next years draft. Lets see what Idzik can do here. I'm not looking forward to next year, thats for sure.

4. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm not going to speculate on teams, but if the the market is really heating up as reported it would not surprise me to see a deal looking something like this.

Jets get a 1st and a 3rd this year and a conditional pick in 2014.
    Conditional pick might look like this, If Revis signs an extension with his new team the Jets get a 2014 1st round pick. If he doesn't resign but is ranked among the leagues top 3 CB's in 2013 the jets get the other teams 2014 2nd round pick. And if he spends more time on the Disabled list rather than active the other team gets the Jets 2014 3rd round pick. If Revis falls in to the latter category but still resigns with the other team as an extension then the Jets still get the #1 2014 pick, but still give up thier 3rd round 2014 pick.

5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I am for moving Revis

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/20395/brandt-on-revis-hell-never-be-happy

ESPN business analyst Andrew Brandt, a former Packers executive, offered his take on the Darrelle Revis situation. Speaking with Ross Tucker on an ESPN podcast, Brandt painted a grim picture, suggesting the Jets are tired of Revis' money grabs and want to send him packing.

"I don't think this kid is ever going to be happy, financially," Brandt said. "I think he and his representation have made it clear to the Jets and probably anyone else who asks, it's not enough to be the highest-paid cornerback in the NFL today or even NFL history. They're into this whole 'premier player' negotiations, which has worked for two players.

"It worked for Chris Johnson -- although Adrian Peterson went past that -- and it worked for Larry Fitzgerald, where you're not compared to the market. This is their argument: Forget what cornerbacks make; he wants to be paid like the best players.

"I just sense this is never going to stop with Revis. Forget the fact that he's hurt all year; this is going to be an issue and I sense the Jets have known this for a while and they might as well try to get some value before he turns free agent a year from now. I sense this is going to be a recurring issue, into the year, and that's why they want to move it. They just want to get this off the team."

Brandt, who said he knows John Idzik very well, weighed in on the Jets' decision to hire him as general manager. He acknowledged that he recognizes Idzik as more of a cap guy than a talent evaluator, but Brandt was in favor of the move.

"Two things sort of suggest that maybe this is the right move for the Jets," he said. "He does have some scouting background in his background, highly recommended by John Schneider, who is the well-respected general manager of the Seahawks. Number two, let's be frank about this: They're in a mess, cap and contract wise. If you're going to hire a leader of that organization, you'd better have experience handling that kind of stuff."

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

the holme and sanchez deals have nothing to do with revis. if they wanted to they couldmove things around and get it done.it more has to do with him wanting to be the highest paid player and the belief that they will be discussing his contract every 3 years until he retires.

the sanchez and holmes contracts just suck by them selves

7. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

Revis did screw the Jets around last time. Trade him now and get fair value for him. Rex is so much in love with him, package deal the two.

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It doesn't matter that teams threw the ball fewer times against us, the Jets still allowed the 2nd lowest completion percentage in the league. You do understand what a percentage is, right?

9. AlToon

AlToon Member

Peter King is a comedian. On the NBC Sports NFL show with Casillas and Florio,King was advocating the Jets paying Revis whatever he wants. Then King was asked about Revis and Pats. King said the Pats will not pay Revis $17M-$20M per. Be consistent. The Jets don't want to pay Revis $17M-$20M per.

10. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

He has 1 year at 6 mil, and reportedly want 15 plus going forward.,l

What will you give up for him now?

11. PatsFanSeoul

PatsFanSeoul Member

Logic is strong with this one....

For the other poster who suggested Sherman+picks for Revis:

So you got a young, aggressive, productive corner in Sherman at 24 years of age, going on 3rd year of his cheap rookie contract, 1st year All-Rookie and 2nd year All-Pro, with 12 INTs?

If you're Seattle, you'd say NO to Sherman for Revis straight up. And fast.

12. FJF

the popular belief is any team will get to strike a new deal with him first.

that said.he is worth a 1 and a condtional 2014 based on health of knee

13. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Nobody is trading for him for just one year hobbes, no idea why you keep stating this.

Any team who trades for him will want to work out a long term deal before hand. See Champ Bailey/Clinton Portis for an example:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/13/broncos-pay-3-million-roster-bonus-to-champ-bailey/

As soon as Bailey was traded he signed, it was worked out before hand.

Minimum the Jets should take is a 1 and a conditional 3. A team with a low #1 that has a real need at CB could consider giving up two #1s, but it's shaky due to Revis coming off an injury.

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

He's a CB. After getting permission from the Jets I'd offer him a 5 year $50 million deal at best and then never get around to offering the Jets anything because I was unable to get him to agree to that.

15. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

We should try to get away from the conditional stuff and go for a clean deal on a 1 and say, a 3.

16. Hobbes3259

IGHT NOW

This contract what do you offer....l!

17. Hobbes3259

So, then you admit my high second round pick is an overprice this year

18. FJF

are you saying he comes in on this deal without being able to restructure or negotiate?

19. BleedGreen4ever

BleedGreen4ever Active Member

If I'm the Cleveland Browns and I have a real need at corner and am considering taking one in the first round I would without a doubt trade the #6 pick for him as well as a conditional 3rd next year. Sign him right away and have the parameters of the conditional pick look like this. If he plays 50% of the snaps it becomes a second, if he plays 75 % of the snaps and makes the pro bowl it becomes a one. This takes the injury into affect and maximizes the quality of play.

20. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Two #1s you're never going to see, my friend, coming off injury or not. Just my opinion. A good corner is valuable, but not two #1's.