Possible Revis spots

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BamaDoc, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Fine, tell me who. That's the only question I'm asking here.

2. laxin

laxin Active Member

Seahawks, 49ers, Patriots, Broncos, Bills and the Packers have all contracted the Jets already. Thats off the top of my head, I may be missing 1 or 2. Go back in this thread, you will find the link.

And responding to your post above, I think the Bucs would be willing (gave 2 huge contracts out last year and they have a huge need), Broncos have a big need and showed they are willing to take a chance giving a ton of money to an injured player in Manning, Seahawks have the picks and depth to handle the trade, Redskins have proved they will make huge trades and contract signings... I could imagine over 10 scenarios. Theres a lot of teams that have a need at CB and have the room for a big contract.

#142 laxin, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  3. Hobbes3259

Well, you are one of 31 GMs what are you willing to trade, for a guy co ing off a knee injury, a two time holdout on a one year deal, with Gilbert as an advisor...

Or do you guys just like to call names?

It's a simple question....are you guys on drugs?

4. Hobbes3259

Not for nothing, but isn't that kind of untoward for a mod?

So let me know, as one of 31 GMs, you'd trade for the guy.

5. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

My feeling on this, revis either agrees to a new contract this off season or he's gone this off season in a trade. Better to get what the jets can for him if he's going to walk after 2013.

It's a no brainer, he signs we keep him, he doesn't sign we ship him off. But he has to sign for an amount that doesn't cripple the team's cap, aka no more than 11 or 12 a year at most.

6. Hobbes3259

Let's start with the Pats....Really...Samuel, Milloy?

Jill's? Could not eat Mevi$ demands, after. Asking the same deal for :rofl2: Fitzpatrick, that the jets made with Nach.

Elway is too smart.
    Skins, maybe...I do not know enough about their finances to comment adequate,y.

But I'm only asking, as a GM, what pick are you parting with to get him there for one year, knowing he wants 15 next year?

7. Hobbes3259

Less than 10, or he cripples the cap. 100 percent correct.

8. Hobbes3259

Curious, do you have a link for that?

9. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

untoward...I'd have to agree...he banned me for a couple of weeks awhile back:lol:

10. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Pass on Mallet as part of the trade, I'd rather trade for a number of picks and pick up Tyler Bray, who's essentially the same thing as Mallet, in the draft.

11. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

Strongly Disagree!!

I believe there will be several teams (4-6) who are close to a championship that would be willing to put together a package that gives us something good upfront and contingent on Revis panning out...

12. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

If you notice all those teams have stellar defenses to and are willing to part ways with a Measley 1st and 2nd round pick and the team that gets him I bet ends up in the superbowl next year. Especially SF, NE, Seattle, Denver... Woody Johnson is a complete asshole and will run this Franchise into the ground. I could see if it was last year and Andrew Luck was sitting in the wings waiting but this is a shitty draft for QB's as far as franchise so why even go that route. If it was between Cro and Revis Drop Cro. He doesnt shut down an entire side of a field where QB's dont even throw that way. No Loyalty... BTW they pulled the same stunt with Cro and we would of got bum of a player Asomugha...

#152 tanknyc, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  13. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Whoever suggested that we should trade him to the Pats should go kill themselves.

14. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Right, people seem to forget how selfish this guy is. If he wanted to stay on the team Im sure they would pay him a very respectable amount of money. However, he wants an absurd, unrealistic amount. He could contribute to a winning team but instead he'll be the highest paid player in history on a consistently mediocre team.

15. laxin

laxin Active Member

Dont argue with me, this is what is being reported. Im not behind the scenes trying to make sense of why each team has interest, but from what was reported they do.

I told you stop being so fucking lazy and go back to page 3 of this thread. Or you can type into google "Revis trade" and you will find 15+ articles on it...

http://football.realgm.com/src_wire...s_broncos_49ers_seahawks_interested_in_revis/

As you can read, they're several teams interested already [supposedly] and Im sure many more will arise, being that its only been 1 day.

16. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

I genuinely think the best case scenario is getting the #13 pick from Tampa Bay, but I don't think they're going to give that much up for a guy that will count 12 million against their cap next year and going forward.

I liked the earlier suggestion of swapping with the Lions and getting their second.

17. laxin

laxin Active Member

Im sure they are willing to part ways with picks and cap room to make a SB run, thats why it makes sense for them.

There's no way this team makes a SB run in the next two years, so what does having Revis and his 15 million dollar contract do? Please think about this long term for a second. We can keep this shitty ass roster and pay Revis with trying to rebuild with no cap space and extra picks (which could take years and years, which what exactly would Revis be doing then?) OR we can try and get as many picks for Revis and maybe a player like Decker, Robert Turbin ect and speed up this rebuild and shorten the time it takes to be a contender.

Which would you prefer? What does paying Revis 15 million a year while never competing for a SB do? If trading him increases the overall roster and our chances at winning a SB in the future, why wouldnt you even field offers?

18. laxin

laxin Active Member

I think thats a horrible idea personally and truly not maximizing his value. Its basically getting a 2nd and moving up 4 picks (which in a shitty draft with not much high end talent) which is a horrible deal for us.

I think something like-

Eric Decker + Denver's late 1st

or

Robert Turbin + Seattle's 1st and 3rd

... are more equal and realistic. Its been reported that the Jets are trying to get a 1st and a 2nd... and with the biggest trade market ever, I think there's a good shot we get at least close to that.

19. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

That sounds light to me.

20. BamaDoc

BamaDoc Active Member

I guess we will have to wait and see what happens. Appreciate the responses. Hope we sign him for about what I indicated in the op. hadn't seen the linked article, I swear, but it is not far off from what I suggested in trade and I think my pay is a little over 11 a year. If we can't sign him, the other GM's will know that and know that we are looking at a 2015 third as comp so they will try to lowball. Hopefully, competition among GM's will drive the price up.