Possible Revis spots

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BamaDoc, Jan 24, 2013.

1. laxin

laxin Active Member

I think I would rather let him play 1 last year here, get a 9 million dollar cap him and a 3rd round comp pick than trade him to the Patriots.

Only way I think about it if it involves Mallett with the thinking that he is the real deal, along with high picks (which I have no clue how Mallett is, but I don't see how a guy sitting behind Brady with a rocket arm could be worse than what we have).

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

A high two o's the ceiling, but your alternative,mism16 games...where he matters in 3....and then nothing.

3. NFL

NFL Active Member

I couldn't believe my eyes when that guy said that a 2nd is a steal.

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Do you have a drug problem?

5. laxin

laxin Active Member

I think your posts are shit to begin with, but can you at least put together a coherent sentence? Is re-reading your post too much to ask? Jeez.

6. Win4ever

Win4ever New Member

The ONLY way I see them trading Revis to the Pats is if it's a Godfather offer. Trading your best player to your team's biggest rival, that also crosses into a territorial rivalry across sports is the easiest way to set yourself up for fan backlash. It would almost have to be a stupid deal, IMO.

I think the best fit might be Seattle. That team is loaded on depth, so they can afford to move pieces and prospects. The GM would also have an idea about the players there as well. With their pass rushing ability and LBs, adding another shutdown corner to the good ones they already have will almost make it impossible to play offense against them. And with evidence to how they played against Atlanta and SF late in the year and into the playoffs, they'd have to be pretty close to a SB run as far as talent is concerned.

But good to hear that teams might get into a bidding war for Revis. The higher the price, the better ofcourse.

7. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

See kids, this is what happens when you like Sanchez. You can't form coherent posts.:shit:

8. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

He's like a drunk nyjunc:beer:

9. Hobbes3259

Dude... The reporting is...after this year, he wants 15 to 16 mil a year. His closest advisor is Sean Gilbert.

If you were an opposing GM, , what would you give up for him, I'm curious?

Did you hit happy hour early?

You guys all accuse me of being a Homer..now I'm going the other way?

I must be right.

10. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

id rather let him leave for nothing than to see him in a patriot uniform.

11. Hobbes3259

Hell never be a pat.

Seeing wood head, in a Pats uni, and having MCKnot kills me. And that was Rex..

He's great, but at the end of the day that size....

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You realize theirs a very good chance he ends up in a Pats uniform if he walks for nothing, right?

13. Hobbes3259

So, you are one of 31 GMs.

What do you offer for a guy at 1 year, who wants upward of 15 mil next year.....let us know einfickingstein.

14. laxin

laxin Active Member

I think he's more so talking about your incoherent posts... I mean they are typed like you just had a 12 pack.

As for the actual content on your post- this is reportedly the biggest trade front ever in the NFL. Reportedly about 8 teams have shown interest, and its only been a day since the rumor started. I would not be surprised that about 10 teams are extremely interested and make offers. We should be able to play them and choose what we get and where he goes.

Haven't you read any of the reports? Its pretty naive and dumb to think we would be lucky to get a 2nd.

15. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

He's not getting 15 million from the Jets or anyone else. Sure, I could ask for a date with Kate Upton but am I getting it? Not a chance in hell.

16. laxin

laxin Active Member

We gave a 2nd for Cro with 1 year, who had huge characted issues, came off a bad season, had an ACL injury in his past and wanted a 10 million dollar contract.

I would definitely say a 1st is the least we would accept. And any team willing to make an offer is fully aware of what Revis will be asking for.

17. Hobbes3259

Guys... Someone
    Lease wake me, when the junior GMs taking personal shots at me( against board rules I might add)) explains what they would offer for. Two time holdout, that wants 15 mil next year, reported...as a trade.

Being a churlish masturbator, and poseur is not discussion.

You are a GM.

What is it wrth to you to pry Revis to your team?

I'm not insu,ting you that's just a question.

The insult.,.ismyour inability to Nswer it, better than a high second...and get laughed at.

18. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

id be shocked if New England is willing to pay more for revis than the jets.

but then again, that would be such a jets moment.

19. Hobbes3259

Fine.

8 teams.

Name one.

20. laxin

laxin Active Member

Watch, he will get it. No one thought a good (not elite) passrusher like Mario Williams would get 16 million a year, but he did. A team with a lot of cap room will be willing to dish out the money. God knows Revis isn't settling for 13-12 million.