You are a GM...what will you trade for Revis?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Don, Jan 23, 2013.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

way too low. for a 2,keep him for a year and take the 3rd comp pick

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Hobbes... I'd laugh at your post, but I'm just so glad that you figured out how to post on that iPad without making it look like the post was made by a shaky meth-addict coming down from a binge while suspended upside-down in a tank full of dog phlegm that I think I'll just remark that your crusade against one of the best players to ever wear a Jets uniform is humorous considering your utter denial of Mark Sanchez' collapse and your crusade in his defense.

Congratulations on your new-found skill of using a device designed for the least tech-savvy human beings on the planet.

3. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

Stop making sense. Your logic has no use here. :lol:

4. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Are you making an argument that Revis ONLY defends 8 passes a game? Every other defensive snap he just happens to be owning the other team's #1 receiver. I guess that doesn't count?

Not even sure what you're insinuating.

#864 rockyusmc2003, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

You'll finish too high. You'd be turning a 35 into an 80.

6. rockyusmc2003

Apparently logic is taboo around these parts.

7. Hobbes3259

You want to Rgue the point...! Really?

First of all the jets defense, in the secondary was amazing this year, without Revis.....

And then... Let's assume that we played Megatron every week...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JohnCa00.htm

122 a game, against non Rex coached defenses or Cromartie.

The relative value of replacement, after this season, is not worth 10 percent of the cap...any argument to the contrary has to start like this....

"Revis is worth 10 % of the salary cap because".....

Good luck.

8. NFL

NFL Active Member

I don't mind if we trade Revis for some good picks, some.

Also, if he is traded, does that mean that we resign LaRon? Or use one of tbr picks on a young safety comjng out this year?

9. Hobbes3259

I stopped hanging out with your women.

Pimp mofo. :beer:

And while you fourth grade reading skills, fail to acknowledge my acknowledgement of Nacos shortcomings, unlike you....I am not contextually challenged either...(Schotty,Sparano,Gates,Gilyard,Reuland)

I don't have. Jihad against Revis, (and ps...he's well behind Namath, Maynard,klecko,and Gastineau). Just sayin...

But he's a fucking cornerback. I can't fix the fact that al Davis fucked up the cap perception of the position.

There are only two schools of thought here.

Al Davis is right.

Or Beli, the DB coach, DC, And Three time VLT winner is right.

So you appear to be in the Davis camp.

Nice.

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/01...ors-heat-up-john-idzik-building-the-jets-way/

11. NFL

NFL Active Member

Don't argue that he's not that important. Teams didn't have to throw on us as much because we were ALWAYS down, and our run D sucked.

Also, I wanted to point out that the Jets are going to completely have to remake their DBs. Cromartie is out of contract after next year, if he has another good year he WILL want big money. That'll be losing another star corner and the strongest part of this team will be gone.

12. rockyusmc2003

I pretty much stated I was in favor of trading Revis, which is why I asked what you were insinuating in your reply.

However, you are SEVERELY downplaying the greatness of a shut down corner. I guess every team that would give up the world for Revis is moronic. After all, he's only a factor 8 plays a game.

Obviously the defensive backfield did well this year, and Cromartie stepped up. Does his career history support that he will continue that? Also, if the team doesn't get back Landry, do you believe they will be just as good?

13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Jets had the 2nd lowest completion percentage against in 2012.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/t...t/completionPct/position/defense/seasontype/2

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

My women can operate small computers. Baby toys like iPads would be an afterthought. You would be a parlor joke to them.

You can never acknowledge his shortcomings without providing a badly-formatted barricade of excuses for him. This small sampling above is a perfect and consistent example. I have defended his accomplishments many times, but only one of us can call a spade a spade when it comes to it.

Your half-assed reading skills jab is pretty funny, though, considering that you have been defeated by spellcheck so many times in the past week that you don't even resemble yourself.

Only one of the four players you mentioned was ever able to transcend his position even close to the way Revis has. The other three were very good at their positions, but not even close to how Revis has done it.

I think I'll let you try to name that player before I bother to continue this part of the argument.

I've already made this argument, and far better than you. I even started a thread about it. Should I be offended that you didn't acknowledge it? :wink:

We're not talking about contract negotiations in a bubble. There are teams in better position to pay Revis because they have been managed correctly, and because they are closer than the Jets have pretended to be.

And we're also not talking about contract negotiations, because Revis has years left on his deal. If a team is a year away from the game, and has secondary issues, it pays off for both that team and Revis for him to show up to camp after a solid - if not blockbuster - deal, to compete for the 2013 season the way the Jets are not even close to doing.

The Jets have a solid, very solid, trading piece to help them get out of a tough spot in Revis. The fact that you don't recognize it is inconsequential. You can't even see how badly Sanchez has fallen. Your perspective is not important or even close to accurate.

By the way... judging by your post, it appears that my congratulations were premature. :wink:

16. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Cromartie's perspective:

17. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

yea this is right but sometimes stats don't always tell the whole story

im sure you've heard this before but we played the jaguars, the cardinals, the titans, the bills, the dolphins, and a bunch of teams that cant throw the ball for shit. also, our run defense was pretty fricken bad. if your run defense sucks ass, teams are going to run on you more and throw on you less. also teams had the lead a lot so they would just run out the clock

18. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

That's the biggest thing I don't think people realize. How many times are we gonna give away a guy who is a leader in our locker room?

19. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

A fine point, except for one small detail. A lot of other teams played those teams, often times twice to our once and they also faced one team that was worse than all of them that the Jets didn't face, the Jets dreadful passing game which ranked 3rd from the bottom in completion percentage, behind all of the teams that the Jets faced this past season. The only teams worse than the jets in that regard were Tampa and Indy.

So on the surface your argument appears to hold some validity, until you look deeper in to it.

20. laxin

laxin Active Member

How many times is that "leader" going to holdout and leave those guys in the locker room to dry while he tries to get the biggest deal ever?

I kind of chuckled when he tweeted last night that he was sorry that Jets fans have to go through these trade talks... What about those two other times he held out? Those are only for himself...

Lets get real, the difference of a few million a year on a 12+ million dollar, 7 year contract isn't going to truly change his life much. Also when you should already have 40+ million in the bank, you are kind of just being greedy. If he manages his money correctly, what he has already made is more than enough for him to live happily. I mean many of us wont even see 2% of what Revis makes in his career in our entire lifetime...