Possible Revis spots

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BamaDoc, Jan 24, 2013.

1. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

Revis to the Patriots for 2 1st rounders and a 4th.

2. duncc5

duncc5 Member

Ok, maybe they wouldn't give us Williams, but it's crazy to think that they wouldn't give up at least a 1st for Revis. They were dead last in the NFL last year in passing yards allowed (almost 5K), third to last in passing TDs allowed (30) and have to play the likes of Brees, Ryan, and Newton all twice a year. Not to mention they have a ton of cap room. They still finished 7-9 last year, even with their terrible pass D. You could argue that Revis would make them an instant playoff contender.

3. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

I'm sure the Bucs would trade a first for him in a vacuum, but I don't think the market is going to be there for a guy that is returning from a torn ACL and is going to cost that much money. To be clear, I think every team would trade their first round pick for Revis based on talent alone.

4. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

Revis for Brady straight up!

5. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

Truth is we could trade for 4 picks and never even get close to the value for Revis.

Any trade will be a lose lose for us. If we sign him, it's probably only a loss for Woody's pocket.

6. NFL

NFL Active Member

I agree, but he does say that Revis said that he wanted around $12 mil. I don't know how legit that is but it could be around there.

And if we don't get at least a first, this trade would be one sided by a lot. They'd be getting a steal.

7. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I thought the 13th and 27th picks for Keyshawn was pretty good value. More than I thought he was worth, anyway.

8. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Guys, understand the truth...Revis, has no trade value.

He's a known holdout problem, with Sean Gilbert, his uncle, another holdout problem as an advisor.

A second rounder is a steal, and so..lwhen you can get that.....send him to the west place possible...a perennial loser, or an offensive team.my choices would have been St Louis, or Indy, but having hired Rob Ryan, I'd go Indy, Jacksonville, ormTampon Bay would be better

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Why are people saying their is no market for Revis? Have you not seen the report of teams lining up to trade for him? What am I missing?

10. Hobbes3259

His coming demands.

If any team feels they are a CB :rofl2: away from the VLT, you get a 1.

Otherwise, any GM worth his salt will say, fine...let him play out the injured year and I'll get him as a FA.

I'll gi e you a two now...because I'm getting him for 6m

11. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

And we firmly reject that offer.

12. laxin

laxin Active Member

They are just assuming because he is hurt. Reports are coming out that this is probably the biggest trade market EVER. We should be able to get what we want and trade him to where we want. I dont think we should have a problem at all as long as he is willing to sign a contract for that other team.

I guarantee at least 10 teams have called the Jets already with serious interest.

People are acting like Revis isnt going to recover either, or that his game was built primarily on elite athleticism. Revis has never been the fastest guy, or the most physical guy... He's just a baller and has THE best technique and instincts ever at the CB position. He's not going to lose his instincts or technique because of a knee injury.

Payers recover 100% from ACL tears all of the time now. Cromartie tore his in college. Now look at him. AP, Jamaal Charles, Giovani Bernard who is going to be a high round draft choice this year...

13. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Pats would have to give us everyone of their 2013 picks and Brady for me to send him there.

14. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

You won't get a better offer than that. Who is going to give up more than that without an extension?

15. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Jacksonville should be the spot for him. Make it happen Idzik.

16. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

4 1st rounders is the starting point for the Pats

17. laxin

laxin Active Member

You understand that we got Cromartie for a 2nd who had 1 year on his contract, had a bad season and had a ton of character issues? Or Vontae Davis was traded for a 2nd rounder this year? Jared Allen was traded for a 1st and two 3rds. Brandon Marshall who needed a new deal and had big character issues was traded for two 2nds to Miami.

Revis is at least worth a 1st. I could care less about the contract bullshit and his injury, because he's going to get paid by the team he goes to (because otherwise there would be no trade, and being that theres a huge market for him, I definitely see a trade happening) and his great play isnt built around elite athleticism and ACL injuries are full recoverable now.

You are crazy (or just naive) if you think a 2nd is a steal.

18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The same report said no one would give up a one and a two.

Now of course we don't know what kind of draft results Idzik will get.

But let's think back to a draft that the Jets spent a one and a two on.

Were Kyle Wilson and Vlady Boy "equal value" to Revis?

Not even close.

Trading an established player for draft picks is a bird in the hand for two in the bush. But the jets will not even get close to two in the bush if no one is going to give a one and a two for him.

19. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

I'll give you 2 1sts, a 4th, and I'll even throw in Ryan Mallett.

20. Hobbes3259

Youre a Pats fan?

I guess it takes one to make Jets fans look bright.

Asante Samuel! And Lawyer Milloy (and probably Aqib Talib) say hello.

Belli knows what CBs are worth.