You are a GM...what will you trade for Revis?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Don, Jan 23, 2013.

1. BrucekilledBoomer

BrucekilledBoomer Active Member

There's no reason for the Jets to trade Revis to New England...but Buffalo is more interesting because they own a fairly valuable pick. The rebuilding Jets should focus on getting the most value back above all else, including strengthening a division opponent. That's assumed, of course, that Buffalo would trade a first before acquiring a QB.

2. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

When I was listening to 1010 WINS sports today, they said that an unnamed GM said that the trade Revis talk has created a "Gold Rush" mentality with Denver, Green Bay, and others (that I cannot remember) showing interest.

If this is true, This could REALLY work out to our advantage. I wouldn't mind if some team gave us a Herschel Walker type deal for him.

3. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

I saw this too on NFL.com........I think it will happen and the jets would have to be dumb to not make the trade if were getting a shit load of picks. We do not have the cap space to pay him 15+ mil a year

4. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

i think ive figured it out now, why some people don't want to trade revis. i was 100% set on never trading revis, i love him. hes the best CB in football, no one will deny that, and regardless of what some people might say, he does totally change the defense.

the reason why i didnt want to trade him is because this team has no one else, no face of the franchise. without revis, no one on this team has a good name that is respected around the league. thats why ive been so sad about trading revis, without him this team has no one. its like when i watched the nfl top 100, i only watched it to figure out where revis landed. he landed at 5, the best defensive player in the nfl by his peers. without revis, the jets would of had NO players in the top 100. that would of been embarrassing. he's the only thing that brings any respect to the organization

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

If we trade Revis to the Patriots I want 1st round picks for the next freaking decade, hell no.

6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Screw respect. I want a championship. Keeping Revis isn't getting us a championship. You aren't completing a rebuild AND winning a title a.) within Revis' current contract or b.) without totally debilitating our cap number or c.) in Revis' prime regardless.

7. AlToon

AlToon Member

Francesa thinks the Jets can get a #1 pick for Revis. Schein said the same thing yesterday. Try to leverage other teams to get more than a #1.

Gold rush. Gold mine. Revis is so good. He can play on one good leg.

Freeman wrote a gaggle of picks and a player. Some of the teams he mentioned have late #1's in April.

Look at acquiring a player who was a 1st or 2nd round pick in 2011 or 2012 as the "player".

Revis is working out in Arizona. Maybe Revis would be willing to sign an extension in Arizona. The Cardinals have #35. Michael Floyd was their #1 in 2012. Would Arizona be willing to swap their #1 pick in 2014?

Revis and a 4th round pick in 2013 to Arizona for Michael Floyd,3rd round pick in 2013 and 1st round pick in 2014.

8. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

Michael Floyd sucks

9. PatsFanSeoul

PatsFanSeoul Member

There are plenty of rational, intelligent football & Jets fans here to think the public "outcry" won't be enough to prevent a smart trade for the long-term.

Then I read the "KEEP REVIS OMFG THIS IS SO DUMB" posts and think please, make your voices louder -- it'll make Pats job that much easier for the next few years.

10. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

Truth is we could trade for 4 picks and never even get close to the value for Revis.

Any trade will be a lose lose for us. If we sign him, it's probably only a loss for Woody's pocket.

11. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

I'm not condoning a trade for him. Although, I wouldn't say he "sucks" considering who is throwing the ball in Arizona. Even Fitz has put up pedestrian numbers lately.

12. Dr Football

Dr Football New Member

Is there such thing as fair value for a player who could be the best the Jets have ever had? I get why you might want to trade him. His contract demands and that he's coming back from a major injury.

13. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Define "I don't know where that came from then" with over analysis and word by word breakdown.

I don't know where that came from = I didn't do it. It's really quite simple.

14. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

I understand the sentiment, but please remember that faces of the franchize come & go. Jets can load up on draft pick and just might pick up the future face -- our version of Foster or Gronk or another Martin.

15. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

This is a complete & utterly baseless speculation.

16. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Im all for trading him at this point. We wont be able to resign him next offseason anyway because he will be a free agent and fair game for all 32 teams.

17. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Idzik on what he did to rectify what's going on right now:

“I reached out to Darrelle and I made sure he knew exactly where we were coming from and that this is my first day on the job,” Idzik said, “and our message to everyone was, ‘Give us a chance to get to know each other and introduce ourselves to each other.’ A lot of the people in the building you know through football circles but you’ve never worked along side each other. So give us that chance and give us the chance to go through our current roster, ultimately that’s the basis of comparison to whatever you may contemplate doing. We haven’t taken that first step and that’s what I relayed to Darrelle.”

18. PatsFanSeoul

PatsFanSeoul Member

Not "probably". It's an unequivocal "no", as in, "it will NOT be only a loss for Woody's pocket".

There's this tricky thing called a salary cap... hmmmmmm....

19. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Explain how we sign Revis to huge money, yet still rebuild most of the LB corp, find safeties AND a championship caliber QB all within Revis' next contract.

20. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Because we whiffed on Sanchez , Revis must be traded to have another shot a getting a good QB. That is all it boils down to in the end.