Possible Revis spots

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BamaDoc, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

Since when do the Bills need Darrell Revis on their team to "shut down" Santonio Holmes? Lol.

2. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

revis, sanchez, holmes to the vikings for harvin, gerhardt and vikes 1st this year and next year

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Well that's what he'd be doing vs. the current 2013 version of the Jets.

4. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Minnesota's front office would need secret service protection after this.

Folks, no one is taking Sanchez off of our hands (not to mention also giving up two first round draft picks in the process)

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Why does Jackson have 8 starts in his 10 games played if Spiller was clearly the starter?

6. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter if Spiller is the starter. He's the better back. He had a great year.

7. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

So how do you propose signing Revis this year?
    Right now at about $21 mil over what the cap is projected to be, take the $4 mil carry over, cut Jason and Eric Smith, Pace and Scott saving $30.7 mil in cap space this leaves you with about $13.7 mil to work with. Revis wants $15-$16 mil a year which if you take his current cap value of $9 mil and then subtract the extra $6-$7 mil off the cap space they would have about $7.5-$8.5 mil to work with to sign all the draft picks, free agents and deal with the current roster.

8. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Somewhere in the NFC, far far away.

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The point is that Buffalo was retarded and started Fred Jackson over Spiller when clearly Spiller is the better player. To me that says that don't value him as highly as they should.

But given the fact that Gailey is gone it's probably a moot point.

10. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

like Seattle

Sherman, Irvin and 2 2nd's I stand by my point

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

dude - you look like an idiot with stuff like this. That's never ever going to happen.

Since you are into pipedreams, why stop there? You might as well as Seattle to throw in Russell Wilson and their next 5 1st rounders - just to make it even.

12. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

I really hope there is a bidding war. I expect to get a late first or end up with a Revis + a pick for an earlier first. Some of these suggestions are so absurd, like the Sherman, Irvin and two seconds buffoonery or the Vikings deal a few posts up.

I would be ecstatic if it got out of hand to the tune of a first and a third, but I think that is unrealistic.

13. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I've yet to hear one reasonable trade option for Revis. There are no defensive players worth trading for the NFL at this point (When we are talking about trading Revis). And very few, if any, offensive players worth trading for (Compared to Revis's value). There's zero point in trading away the greatest cornerback to play the game.

14. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

The Jets have made signing him a priority twice already, once as a rookie and again after he held out against the initial contract that he held out for. Assuming they could re-work a few contracts and sign him to his next contract, do you honestly believe that they won't be back at the (re) negotiating table long before that contract expires? I don't.

The best indicator of future behavior is past behavior...

15. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

Revis for Ryan mallet and a first and a third do it

16. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

With imbecile Terry Bradway (Dewayne robertson, mike nugent in 2nd round, doug jolley for 1st round pick) still sitting near the top of the food chain, expect the organization to get absolutely fleeced and abused by trade partner __________ (fill in the blank: denver, seattle, TB, etc.).

17. NFL

NFL Active Member

18. duncc5

duncc5 Member

Tampa Bay. Mike Williams + this year's first and a conditional 2014 pick. Done and done.

19. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

Tampa Bay won't do that. They're not going to give up a young WR that they love, that has good chemistry with Josh Freeman, and a first and a future pick for Revis. I don't think they'd give up a first alone for Revis.

20. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

When they are reporting current GM's stating “one of the biggest potential trade markets for a player ever.” and "There's a Revis gold rush forming,” I don't think they give up Revis for anything out of the 1st round unless another player is involved.

The contract that the guy suggests is beyond a pipe dream, no way is Revis agreeing to a contract under $10 mil a year.