Possible Revis spots

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BamaDoc, Jan 24, 2013.

1. NFL

NFL Active Member

I still think that Revis and the Jets will work something out to get him to retire as a Jet. I'm sure that after Sanchez and Holmes are cut, our cap will not be that bad. Especially since we don't have many players that would be having big contracts.

If you think about it, if this team builds through the draft, by the next time that we have to give a QB or someone of a this type of money, Revis would be regressing, and should t be making as much money.

I think that if this team builds through the draft like their supposed to, they can keep Revis and have him retire as the GOAT.

2. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

No because he obviously cares about money more than playing for the Jets. The Jets can't afford him and aren't going to cripple the franchise in order to keep him.

3. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Our picks and cap space are reserved for offense... no way we would give up picks and money for a player that is about himself first, coming off an acl injury, and when cb is not our biggest need.

Plus no need to help the jets rebuild with our picks for a player who might not get back to what he was.

His value is a second round pick. I could see a conditional pick that gets upgraded based on snaps...like a 3rd that becomes a first or second based on conditions..

#23 deathstar, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i think most wouldlike to keep him. it just doesnt look like a viable option right now

5. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

Why would anyone be interested in trading assets for Revis, before knowing if he can even play again? No-one knows what the outcome of that ACL will do to him.

I both hope and expect that he'll fully be back, but I just can't see why anyone would take such a costly gamble NOW on a player with a possibly career-ending injury.

Revis has yet to prove he can play at all.

6. Realistic Jets Fan

I think there is still a possibility of getting things worked out with DR remaining a Jet

Remember that his uncle and his agents knew that Tannenbaum was a soft touch who would end up caving to whatever they wanted

Guessing, based on a quick review of the way the Seahawks handle contracts (and by the way have the tallest, biggest and most intimidating DB corps in the NFL at a reasonable price) they won't get the same "anything you want Darrelle" treatment from Idzik

If it's obvious that Uncle Sean wants to play hardball again, it is clear that the Jets have to move him for some sort of reasonable value

I'm hoping that won't be the case when Uncle Sean sees that Mr Softie is no longer the GM of the Jets

7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

it is no where near a potential career ender.acl injuries are not what they were a few years ago.science has made it so. he will be back same as before.

8. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

I'm sure Mike Pettine would love to get has hands on Revis. However, no way in hell would Rex give Revis to Buffalo and Mike Pettine. He'd die first.

9. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Trade him to Miami are you people stupid. Revis needs to stay

10. Ted

Ted Member

Denver. They are close and in need of replacing Champ Bailey. If they had Revis instead of Bailey, they beat the Ravens and play the Pats in the AFCCG.

I think it is a stretch to think you will get a high first round pick on a 27 year old CB coming off of an ACL surgery with no guarantees what condition he will be in. The uncertainty from the injury degrades Revis' value substantially. There will most likely be an escalator clause that should involve additional pick(s) in the deal and it would be a sign and trade.

This is why I think Denver would be the logical trade partner. They may be willing to do a deal that doesn't involve sign and trade.

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

For CJ Spiller it should work. Revis can shut down Holmes while Spiller takes dumpoffs to the house all day.

12. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

How bout San Francisco in a sign and trade for Alex Smith and some picks? Just a thought.

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Vikings, Packers, Bears?

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I do think it's reasonable that this could be a negotiating tactic by the Jets. There are many things this could be ...

15. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

they can't afford to pay him the money he wants.

16. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I would only trade him to the NFC, lol

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Some of you guys are vastly over estimating what he is worth on the open market.

Because of his injury, contract situation and the fact that the rest of the league would have the Jets by the balls - They would be LUCKY to get a late 1st rounder for him right now and they certainly couldn't dream of getting any offensive talent of merit. Let's be real.

18. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

They sure can afford him, stop reading some the stupid a$$ post on this board that say we can't.

We will have plenty of cap room after next season.

19. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Yep, and in fact the Jets would suffer a cap hit of $3 Million if they got rid of Revis this off season.

But here's the other thing, and why this is a stupid thread.

Since the Herschel Walker trade, which is many years ago by now, and was panned as a terrible trade, when was the last time a team trading a top and established player got good, meaning equal, value for him?

Can anyone here who are fantasizing about all the goodies the Jets can get for Revis answer taht question?

Maybe I am simply not aware of a good example. But I sure can't think of one.

And if the Jets cannot get equal value for him, then why should they trade him?

20. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I picked this post to quote b/c it's the closest to the truth.

Revis won't be traded, not b/c the Jets won't try, but b/c Revis simply won't sign a contract packed full of 1,000 clauses due to his rehab/injury.

Why would he?

In Revis' head: Sit tight on the Jets roster. Use 1st half of 2013 season to work back slowly and avoid re-injuring knee. Use 2nd half of 2013 season to turn it on and show the entire NFL he's baaaaaaack.

Enter free agency a healthy, proven top player in the NFL.

Sign a new, long term contract as the highest paid player in NFL history.

If Revis is who we all think he is, than this is his path.