You are a GM...what will you trade for Revis?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Don, Jan 23, 2013.

1. rinvesto

rinvesto Well-Known Member

Instead of Rex telling the world the Revis is the best ever, maybe the new jets are sending a message to Revis that he has to be reasonable or they will ship him.

Maybe weve heard the last of Rex's praise of players being shoved down our throats. I hope so

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

You missed Nagle's point, which was that it makes no sense for the owner to be driving this approach, and in public at that.

Idzik was hired less than a week ago. Does anyone here think he's even made enough of an overall assessment of the state of hte team as a whole? Let alone moved on to go down the list of possible trades and other moves, before having settled on a firm decision to trade away the team's best player?

I doubt it.

More likely is this fits into a pattern of seeking to be in the news. I today have already been approached by some Giant fans who just laugh and shake their heads - more Jet news, and not good news.

The clown show continues.

And no, I don't think Woody cares about the fans in any sense but the bottom line, and even then he can't seem to navigate his way to the point where he makes effective decisions in that regard. He's just a terrible owner, and this is another move by him that at best presents a lot of questions.

3. AlmightyRevis

AlmightyRevis Member

I'm not hiding my allegiance and trust me I was as big a Curtis Martin fan as they come, but as good as he was he never dominated his position like Revis, you must know this.

And where are you getting this he will be hurt again information, do you have a crystal ball? I'm just looking at recent ACL surgeries throughout sports and combining that with the fact that he was well on his way....where is your information coming from?

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I like Revis as much as anybody but no corner will ever be a legend. They are too invisible in what they do unless they stink. Lawrence Taylor was a legend because he could dominate QBs. Everything he did was right in the middle of your tv screen. How often a game do you even see Revis on tv? The ball is usually going somewhere else so you don't.

5. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

I'm still pissed we parted ways with Farrior after he led the team in tackles. I'd rather not lose DR for a shot in the dark or two during the draft.

6. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

Do you watch Jets games? Whenever he went up against a top WR, they would consistenly show the matchup and compare average catches/yards/game vs. that day against him. They would go into details during the pre-games on why DR is so good, and show the techniques he uses etc.

To my recollection Deion is the only other CB that gets as much attention, except for maybe Champ during his hey-dey. Ask PrimeTime if he is a legend. I'm sure you'll get a nice earfull.

7. AlmightyRevis

AlmightyRevis Member

This...thanks

8. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Should deal Cromartie instead

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Yeah but 2009 was a long time ago.

Since then we've had an epic holdout, a hammy that crippled Revis for half a season, a collapse on offense that makes the defensive contributions less valuable and then a season-ending ACL.

Paying Darrelle Revis $12 million a year for 6 years wouldn't fix any of those issues but the fact is that he's going to want a lot more than that.

The 2009 Darrelle Revis was worth an all-world contract. It's too bad that guy got left in 2009.

10. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Champ in his prime was not as good as Revis. Deion is the only corner in the NFL that compares.

11. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I agree. Cromartie still makes a ton of money and is coming off a probowl season. I would much rather deal Cro and save Revis.

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Then their is that angle too.

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Yeah, I said that in another topic previously about Revis. Jets are going to have to pay Cromartie eventually anyway. I would rather keep Revis.

14. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

Via Revis on twitter

I'm speechless by far but more importantly I feel more upset for the jet nation for having to go through this!!!

15. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Yeah, I feel him. Nothing like reporters banging on your door while you are trying to rehab.

16. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I stopped reading after CRIPPLED. That was too funny, but your post's cred left the ballpark right there.

17. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

Revis just tweeted: "I'm speechless by far but more importantly I feel more upset for the jet nation for having to go through this!!!!"

He goes on to say in a follow up tweet "I guess we'll see how this plays out."

To summarize, this is not going to be good.

18. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Dum Dum duuuummmmmm.......

19. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

#freeRevis

20. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

If Revis isn't a jet next season but tebow is

I think I'm gonna take a break from football for a little while.