You are a GM...what will you trade for Revis?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Don, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

1.) Trading Revis would be the single dumbest move the franchise has ever made. As a Bills fan, I really hope this happens.

2.) You won't get even close to value for him unless he would agree to a new contract with whatever team you're trading him to as a part of the trade. No one is giving a 1st round pick or more for a guy they will lose after the year.

2. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Maybe the Jets can leverage this by entertaing offers and showing Revis what his market value is, then resigning him this year when he should be cheap.

3. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Trading Revis for a bad haul is the dumbest move. If some team is stupid enough to give us a 1st, something and conditional based on play, it's not that dumb. Trading him to trade him is stupid. Trading him and getting firsts and more isn't.

4. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

Detroit gets Revis.

NY gets CJ, Suh, Stafford, stadium revenue for a decade plus any picks they want, whenever they want.

5. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

I have been a life long Jets fan, but if they trade Revis I am done supporting this team. Yeah I said it.

If they lose him to Free Agency then I can somehow live with that.

That is all.

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

A couple of things.

1) I agree with those who think this was an intentional leak with Johnson's name attached to it for the reason of protecting the new GM.

2) I wonder if the intention could also be to see who might be interested, ask a high price and pull a bait and switch with Cromartie when they don't want to offer our high demands for Revis. He's the one who would save cap space in '13 after all.

7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

1) I don't think we know that, let's see what Idzik does w/ the cap and what Revis' demands will be post injury.
    2) Our pass D looked better than it was b/c teams were busy running on us.

in 2009 we allowed 3.8 YPC on 420 carries, we saw 501 pass attempts
    in 2010 we allowed 3.6 YPC on 408 carries, we saw 531 pass attempts
    In 2012 we allowed 4.3 YPC on 494 carries, we saw 494 pass attempts

YPC up significantly, rush attempts up, pass attempts down.

We also got blown out numerous times where teams didn't have to pass as much.

3) I agree but he's still our best player and we are much better w/ him than w/o him.
    4) Revis allows for a mediocre pass rush, paired w/ Cro(if we get 2012 Cro) that will make a QB take more time and allow us to get to QB more plus we have 2 young DL that should bolster the pass rush in Coples & Mo.
    5) it doesn't bother the team on the field, more of a headache for the FO and fans.
    6) I agree.

I'm all for exploring all options but not to just give him away for nothing. We have a cap guy in place, he'll make it work if it is in the best interests of the team. if not he'll move him.

8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

So let me get this straight, there are people suggesting we keep Revis and build around him, a cornerback, ignoring the fact he's coming off an ACL injury and has a history of holding out? What happens when he leaves for nothing?

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

To summarize, you're perfectly fine with watching him play out one final season as a Jet in which the team will likely suck due to lack of talent and cap space and lose him to free agency for nothing. But if they trade him to help build the teams future and try to grow a superbowl team, you're done. Forget it.

Did I get it right?

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

So what you are saying is that if the Jets get back a 3rd round pick for Revis you are ok with it but if they get back a 1st round pick you're done?

Really?

Actually that does sound very much like a Jet's fan. :)

11. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Actually if traded it's not an 11M cat hit, that's only if cut. If he's traded the cap hit is right around 4M.

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Lol, I know your kidding but I would take CJ for Revis straight the hell up. You guys have a good core group of players I wouldn't get down on one bad season.

13. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

... and I thought our fans were sarcastic assholes. :up:

14. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

because one big name, high priced player means its superbowl time, right Mario ?

15. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This. Every single "if the franchise trades Revis, I'm done" post can just be responded to with this. It makes no sense whatsoever when people say they'd stop following the team if the team made a move to make the team better.

Guess what, when you're rebuilding, you need picks and money. You don't need a top tier cornerback especially when you have one that's proven he has the ability to be one. This is why teams in NY can't rebuild. The Knicks, the Jets, anyone. Fans are too fickle for rebuilding.

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

That's a really interesting idea. KC comes in with a low-ball offer on Revis, say the 33 pick, and the Jets counter with Cromartie instead. Probably wouldn't work but it might make KC up the offer on Revis as they looked at the two options side by side.

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I wonder how many people balking at the idea of trading one of our only trade chips were the same ones preaching "blow it up" a month ago?

18. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

He's also been hurt the last two seasons ... anyone see the pattern here.. Trade him wile he still haves value.

19. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Woody is cheap, he doesn't want to pay anyone unless it directly add more PSL sales and Revis is greedy, wants the Jets to pay him all the money and have no money left to surround him with any kind of big contracts.

20. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

Sure, but why would the Lions do it? In this fantasy world, the Jets would be the ones adding.

Suh I could see due to cap problems, but bringing back the same salary makes what sense?