You are a GM...what will you trade for Revis?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Don, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

:rofl::rofl::rofl: not even close...

2. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Couple ways to do this for value.

One scenario I can see happening is a 1st and 3rd for Revis with conditionals.
    for example a conditional could be that if Revis resigns with the team he's traded to the Jets would get a 2014 first but if Revis walked at the end of the season the other team would receive the Jets 2014 2nd round pick as a safety net for the team.

either way the Jets come out good on the overall deal but the other team doesn't get totally burnt if they fail to resign him.

3. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

A top 10 first round pick + a 3rd round pick would be a decent value IF the Jets don't f*ck it up by drafting another Gholston.

4. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

It's not even accurate anyway.

5. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

They only get a 3rd round compensation pick if he walks after 2013, and still has to pay a 9M cap hit with him walking. Jets are not going to be competitive next season but with luck will be by 2014 or 2015

6. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Jared Allen got the Chiefs a top 20 pick and two 3rd round picks and the right to swap 5th(Might be 6th) round picks.......

Yeah Revis may be coming off an injury but I think giving a team 1st dibs to resign him and a year of play should command more than just 2 picks honestly.

7. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

By that time Brady might retire or be ineffective and the division could be wide open honestly.

It'd be the right time to suck next year, get Bridgewater/Manziel and go from there.

8. nyjets0425

nyjets0425 New Member

I think the fact Jets are looking into trading Revis is a good thing. I dont know if they should actually do it. But at least there looking at options to fix this team.

9. duncc5

duncc5 Member

Cleveland and Tampa Bay could possibly be the best fits. Both teams have a ton of cap room and had bottom 8 pass D's last year. Some possible scenarios:

-Revis to CLE for this year's #6 overall and Brandon Weeden (Looking like the new regime in Cleveland is exploring other QB options)

-Revis to TB for this year's #13 overall and Mike Williams (Immediate upgrade to our WR core)

#269 duncc5, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  10. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Cleveland would have Haden (8 mil this year) and Revis. Pretty nice duo...

11. AlmightyRevis

AlmightyRevis Member

Couldn't agree more. Reading through these posts makes me sick to my stomach. It's as if all these people only look at boxscores Sunday night without ever watching an actual game and witnessing his impact and greatness.

And all this nonsense about "if you pay him you cannot field a competitive team"...baloney...you'll struggle to field a competitive team if your overpaying for the likes of Mark Sanchez, Bark Scott, Calvin Pace, etc, not because you're paying an elite cornerback market value

12. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

If this happens, I'll be selling my Season Tix....

I am so sick and fukin tired of the JETS constantly letting their best players go because they don't wanna pay them. Then, we're scrambling like whores @ cockfest-2000 trying to find a replacement.

Teams don'e have a problem Paying superstar players on offense no less Yet, as soon as one of our players gets to that level it's "goodbye...oh we have no money sorry"
    We're talking a once in a decade/lifetime type player.

Fuk this owner, seriously. Fuk him..

13. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

You don't get rid of your best players unless they are at the end of their careers. Revis is the best at his position you find a way to resign him. Of course if we were blown away with an offer I'd take it but I doubt that happens coming off an injury.

14. AlmightyRevis

AlmightyRevis Member

Second this. I've had a crap day, and hearing this news (not that I was totally oblivious to the possibility) has made this day unbearably miserable.

15. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

But the thing is an NFL team does not need an elite cornerback to have a good defense. What any team really needs is a pass-rush. If you don't give the quarterback enough time to throw, pretty average corners will get the job done just as well. But if you have no pass-rush, even elite corners won't help you. If an average NFL QB is given enough time, he will pick pretty much any defense apart.

16. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

then how about Revis to Detroit for their 2013 first/fourth and Ndamukong Suh.

I would salivate at a defensive line with Coples, Wilkerson, Suh and possible Moore or Werner with one of our two top 10 picks.

17. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Ny giant football 101

Sent from my LG Optimus using Tapatalk 2

18. laxin

laxin Active Member

Its not that they dont want to pay him, they just dont have the money sadly. Tanny really fucked us here. No doubt about that... It sucks seeing players like Holmes, Harris, Pace, Scott, Sanchez get huge underserving contracts leaving us dry when trying to pay Revis.

Sad part it, we have to accept it for what it is at this point and try and make the best of what we have during this rebuild. If we didnt have those other huge contracts, paying Revis wouldnt be a problem. But it is a problem, and we are left with 3 options-

1) We give him the biggest contract to a defensive player in NFL history.
    2) We try to pay him, but can't. He walks in FA, we get a 3rd round comp pick and a 9 million dollar cap hit.
    3) Trade Revis.

Its basically just a shitty situation. If we got the right value (1st this year and next year or 1st this year and a 2nd), then its hard not to pull the trigger. At least Woody knows the reality of the situation and knows that it has to be addressed.

19. AlmightyRevis

AlmightyRevis Member

Please explain this logic... "Financial Flexibility is what brings you a great QB"? Did we not take a quarterback in the top 5 with the intention of making that happen? How does shitty evaluation and talent development have anything to do with Revis and his contract?

#279 AlmightyRevis, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  20. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Rex Ryan said he likes to build his Defenses backwards and needs good corner play to run it the way he wants. We had awful pass rushers in 09 and all we had was the best D in the league. Not a coincidence it was also Revis' best season and was snubbed of DPOY.