You are a GM...what will you trade for Revis?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Don, Jan 23, 2013.

1. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

It would fucking suck to see Revis go but it might be the only way. He wants a shit load of money and will get it, an with us screwed with money thanks to MC Tannenbaum it might be time to move on and look to get a good amount of picks so that we can begin to rebuild thru the draft or maybe even be able to acquire a real good pass rusher.

2. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I would take this in a heartbeat, but Detroit won't offer that.

3. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

If young cheap players can generate a rush for us then we can tie up cash on our corners.

4. Combustible Rextible

Lions would have to throw in Calvin Johnson too and then I would think about it :lol:

5. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

What the hell does that have to do with anything?

Revis has an ACL injury and Woody doesn't think Revis is worth all that money along with the contract bullshit...

He is doing something right and many of you are killing him for it.

That money would be better spent on your team's OFFENSE.

6. Organized Chaos

Niners cap this year:

Top salaries: inside linebacker, backup qb, tight end.

http://www.ninercaphell.com/yearly/2012/salary2012/DESC

I dont think it matters where you spend the money, you just had be good at the positions you listed. You can draft well and be set at those spots. For example Russel Wilson on the seahawks only costs 700k a year, the hawks didnt have to pay for quality play, but they got it.

7. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

@Dirty Sanchez,

This has never been the case so far under Rex we simply have not been able to find pass rushers talented enough to compensate for the lack of money paid to that position. Wilkerson is great but we just don't have enough of a natural pass rush.

Like I said in an earlier post

If we did Revis to Detroit for Suh and a pair of 2nd rounders or a 2nd and a 3rd. I think that would be an amazing deal.

My mouth is watering at the thought of a D line with Wilkerson, Suh, Ellis, and Coples starting in a 4-3 base defense with David Harris, Demario Davis, and dare i say it... Manti Te'o?? starting at linebacker.

Imagine if in doing this we can afford to resign Landry, and basically have a defense of:

Wilkerson, Suh, Ellis, Coples

Davis, Harris, Te'o

Wilson, Landry, Bush?, and Cromartie

8. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

I don't like trading a known quantity (Revis) for an unknown one (draft picks). It is doubtful that we will get what we give in this trade unless we are incredibly lucky. I would not mind players and picks. HOWEVER....we really can't afford Revis and it is not a cheap thing...it is a salary cap thing. Mevis doesn't care about the team, he cares about his paycheck. So let him go play for the Raiders and get a huge contract. At this point it is smart to at least get something for him bc come 2014 he is out of here regardless.

9. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

But eventually they will have to pay for that quality.

10. Organized Chaos

As soon as cro comes back to earth then we're the pats. Anyone who thinks corner play doesn't matter should take a look at them, or just watch the tape of manning shredding the guy opposite Revis, which is why we went out and got two good corners.

I understand the logic in what you're saying, but it's pretty hard to give up on basically the best player we have.

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

So we're a Cromartie fall to earth from 12-4 and an AFC championship game berth? Sign me up.

12. Organized Chaos

In the meantime they have the competitive advantage of having a starting QB at a low cap number.

It almost makes sense to draft the high cap number positions and start young guys due to the rookie wage scale.

13. NFL

NFL Active Member

Take away Suh and that still would be a good deal. Revis is my favorite player, but this team wont be going anywhere soon with him. If we get those picks we can actually start building this team to be contenders, and with these high picks the team could be really good contenders.

14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

If we trade Revis we MUST keep Landry so if Revis returns punts or something
    Landry can break his other leg.

15. Organized Chaos

That is cute, but if Cro got hurt or played like he did in past seasons, what would our record have been this year? 4-12? 2-14?

Decent corner play matters, and you knew the pats were fucked when Talib was heading to the locker room to get checked out. I'm not saying there is nothing to the theory that building around a stud pass rusher on defense is better, but you guys make it sound like corner play is negligible when that is far from the truth.

16. NFL

NFL Active Member

No thank you! Suh and a pair of 2s for Revis? I would throw up.

17. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Replace Suh with Titus Young and take out the 2014 1st and I think that its reasonable deal for both sides.

Your getting a top 5 draft pick, a high 2nd, a future 3rd AND get a young WR who was a 2nd round pick 2 years back even if he might be a head case.

18. Organized Chaos

Just curious because it seems like most of the deals thrown out here are ridiculous, what do you think the:

1. A fair market value deal for Revis is (assuming the team he's traded to signs him)

2. A deal the Jets have to take is?

For the sake of argument, lets just use draft picks. I'd say:

1. early (1-12) 1st rounder and a conditional 3rd.

2. Two number 1s (2013 and 2014).

19. Organized Chaos

20. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Jets are going to lose Revis in 1 year anyway. They will not get much for Revis at all if they trade him. I think a 1st Round pick at best. That is why the thought of losing him is so upsetting to me. They will get nothing for him.