You are a GM...what will you trade for Revis?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Don, Jan 23, 2013.

1. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Revis should be compared to Derrick Rose...

AP is a very unique case. His body is just built differently than Revis/Rose.

2. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Um Sanchez has no value. Tebow's the same...

Revis has some value...That ACL will lower his price dramatically though...

A second round pick is Revis's value. That's it. The ACL is too big of an unknown.

#222 deathstar, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  3. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

Well if we don't trade him we all expect him to have his greatest year as a player! Anything less than that, and he will be considered on the decline! It will be his try out for that big payday he wants! We better get what we can, cause we will be moving forward without him. A shut down corner is good to have but not that detrimental to our team! If he is the best player on a defense he is too easy to neutralize. His receiver runs streaks all game, taking him out of any kind of help. We play so much man to man and with a better pass rush we don't need a corner to blanket someone for5 seconds! Deion Sanders was better and he was moved how many times? A corner is not our biggest need

4. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

We shouldn't trade him unless we can get ATLEAST a first round pick, any less and I will be pissed.

5. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

What has Leon Washington done since he left? Who else had a monster career that we let go? Woodhead? Ihedigbo? Or 4th stringer Cotchery?

(Although Cotch was my favorite Jet, but the guy wanted out, so...see ya.)

Fact of the matter is, Revis is going to be gone after 2013 UNLESS WE GET INTO A BIDDING WAR WITH TEAMS THAT ARE IN A BETTER POSITION TO OUTBID US. I just don't know why exploring the idea of trading him is the worst thing this franchise can do.

6. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

no player is worth 20M but we're not saying give him 20M

the max I'd give him is 7/99M, structured to be as cap friendly as possible

7. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I should have said 'get rid of Sanchez' as opposed to trade him.

8. Josh86m

Josh86m Member

Well I guess that's that.

9. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

+1

But it was Jason La Confora who broke the story, a very reliable insider rather than Manish "anonymous source" Metha.

10. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

This will be hard to stomach. Revis is one of a few high paid players on this team that actually performs. Id rather see the Jets try to resign him now that his value is lower and trade cro, but I am pretty sure the Revis camp wouldnt go for that.

It would be nice to see what cro, revis and wilson could do on the backside if coples and wilkerson continue to get better. The defense could be special, and we're going to piss it away....

11. Drew

Drew Active Member

This was completely inevitable.

Simply put, if we are committed to rebuilding rather than retooling, it's gotta be done. We can't have 2 cornerbacks that are costing us 25 million a season. You just can't.

I love Revis. He's my favorite player by far. But this has to happen if you can receive worthwhile compensation.

Take off your green glasses for a second and look. To those posts saying we should get a first rounder and Megatron/Suh? Give me a break. We'll get a first, third, and conditional pick or a 2nd the season after.

I feel like Revis wants to stay here, but it's just not in the cards. If he is on our opening day roster, it will be just another distraction.. the media will talk up all season about how he is an impending unrestricted free agent. Get it done now, one way or the other.

Sign him, or deal him.

12. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

ACL isn't a big deal for a player like Revis. Now if it had been the MCL that would be different, and it would be different if it was both the MCL and ACL, but the ACL in and of itself, other than a lost season, isn't tht big of a deal.

13. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Another theory, maybe the agents of Revis leaked this story so they can get Revis more $$$$$$$$$.

14. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Truth

Cam Newton?

Cause the initial reaction is emotional. *wipes tears from eyes*

John Idzik is here now. Lets not take the SOJ mentality before this guy works a day.

And this is the logical post of the thread.

And yet another emotional post and every fear of a Jets fan far and wide. *Back to tears*

15. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

terrible comparison! Rose is always hurt. this is the first time Revis has been seriously injured throughtout high school/college and 6 years in the NFL.

16. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

To be honest, this is the right move as much as I'd hate to see Revis in a uniform besides a Jets uni.

Look at the numbers, without Revis we were #2 in Pass defense, having 2 of the top 5 corners in the league in cro and revis isn't going to help us win a SB when those 2 players demand so much money, we have to let one of them go eventually if we want to add talent to the rest of the team.

17. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

would you guys be happy with a deal like this?

Detroit gets:
    - Darrelle Revis
    - 2013 fifth round pick

New York gets:
    - 2013 first round pick
    - 2013 second round pick
    - 2014 first round pick
    - 2014 third round pick
    - Ndamukong Suh

#237 Ozymandias, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  18. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Don't really know how Suh would fit in a 3-4, but that would be an incredible deal.

19. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

rofl, Id take that in a second. No fuxking way you get that.

20. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

I'd deal Revis to Detroit for Suh and a pair of 2nd rounders. Imagine our D-line with Wilkerson Suh Ellis and Coples. New York Sack Exchange 2.0 Rex has been moving towards a base 4-3 defense more eventhough we have never officially been a 4-3 or a 3-4 we are just what Rex decides on defense.