You are a GM...what will you trade for Revis?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Don, Jan 23, 2013.

1. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Revis has already shown he wants money and is willing to hold out for it and the team just can't afford to give him a pay raise right after what he got already.

If you can get a great package of picks, why the hell not?

Revis is a great player but he's been shady before with contract negotiations and at this point, the Jets need quantity over quality. Revis should not be given away but if someone throws us a 1st, and some other picks I don't see why not.

Jared Allen went for a 1st and 2 3rd round picks and its arguable despite the torn ACL that Revis is better at his position than Allen. I'd demand that in a deal and if we get something like that...you have to green light the deal.

2. NFL

NFL Active Member

Ok, good luck finding a QB to lead this team like those teams have. Some of ya think thar getting rid of Revis automatically means that we'll get a QB that can lead us to a SB. This team is picking apart its best pieces in hopes to find someone later on who can lead this team to victory. All I'm saying is that I hope I don't get on here and see people crying cus Kyle Wilson got beat for a TD and we lose. You know its going to happen.

If this team was trying to build through the draft, you would think that they wouldn't need to get rid of the best defensive player.

And I wouldn't oppose to getting picks for Revis, but this team better find a franchise QB if were going to start picking apart what holds this team together.

#202 NFL, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  3. dcnr226

dcnr226 New Member

Every team in the league would give up a first for Revis. AP proved that knee injuries can be overcome.

4. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Likewise remember when we traded our best defensive player in John Abraham because of uncertainty with a contract extension?

Know what we got.....a 1st round pick....turned out to be a pretty good little player in Nick Mangold.

Revis will command more than that. Just need to draft well and make the picks count.

5. AlToon

AlToon Member

Adrian Peterson came back from a torn ACL. He nearly broke Eric Dickerson's record. Revis needs to have a big year in 2013 so he can cash in. Any team trading for Revis will get a very motivated player.

6. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

This is pure ignorance. AP is the EXCEPTION, rather than a rule. Using AP as a precedent on recovering from ACL injuries is an exercise in futility.

Even with that said, AP PROVED he was able to come back from the injury. Revis has no such luxury unless you want him to prove he's healthy for half the season than flip him at the deadline, for which you wouldn't get more than a mid-round pick.

It's a terrible comparison.

7. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Probably the 1983 LA Raiders. Mike Haynes meant a lot to that team. Yes I know Marcus Allen but Haynes was a great pick up by the Raiders.

8. Diabolical_Jet_Fan

Diabolical_Jet_Fan Well-Known Member

Hold up.....WOODY says he will be willing to trade Revis, however TEBOW was forced on him. What a lying creep!!!

9. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I see someone getting pissed off...

10. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Yeah, great idea. Why don't we just trade him to NE and make sure we don't come close to beating them the next five years.

I've never seen a team so eager to get rid of their best players. It started with Leon Washington and it hasn't stopped. This would be another stupid move in a long string of stupid moves. For all of you who are on board with this ... Aside from Holmes, who was a team cancer ... When was the last time the Steelers, Patriots or Giants got rid of one of their best players in the prime of his career? What a disaster this franchise is.

11. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

I agree. Good thoughts.

12. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

a little hypocrisy here in my opinion

we all make fun of stupid ass leaks and shit, but now we take this like the team is 100% trading revis. i know this isn't manish and its jason la confora, but i really don't care.

also teams "explore" trades all the time, that doesn't mean it will happen. does anyone remember this past offseason when the jaguars reportedly were "exploring" trades for MJD over a contract?

i hope they don't trade the best jet i've seen and do everything in their power to retain him, but right now im acting like this report is nothing significant

13. Duck

Duck Member

Depends on the offer

2 number 1's would be tough to pass up. but anything less is no thank you for me

14. jaywade

jaywade Active Member

This isn't 1985, medicine has come a long way. if you’re still in your prime and have a knee injury you can come back to 100%. Hell, Leon Washington snapped his leg in two and bones were sticking out but he’s still one of the best returners in the NFL. People need to stop saying that he might not be the same.

15. PuMa

PuMa Banned

We need revis.. this will be an idiotic mood if this happens

16. S.HOLMES.10

S.HOLMES.10 Member

I will trade Revis for the Raiders 1st round pick 3rd overall any thoughts?

17. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

To be truthful I found the title a little humorous "Johnson to explore trading Revis"
    More like his new GM and many of the candidates interviewed told Woody he should trade Revis.
    But I suppose adding Johnson to the title sells more papers.

18. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Al Davis isn't running the franchise anymore...

19. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

That's not what I'm saying at all. I understand that this is going to take time to build a team that will CONSISTENTLY challenge for the Division every year and in the playoffs. I don't expect to get a top 5 QB that will take the Jets to the SB right off the bat. Even looking at the teams that are there now, Flacco was a middle of the pack QB until he got it together this postseason. The Niners are rolling with a 2nd round QB on his 2nd year who started half the season.

I also expect us to cry whenever Wilson gets burnt for a TD. It will happen. However, I would be much happier if with the extra picks we received, we find a good nickel corner and have to forget about Wilson BECAUSE of Revis' departure and added more depth at LB or DL. What we need is more role players to surround our most talented players. The defense held up pretty well this year without Revis. Imagine what a pass rush could do to help Cro and Wilson cover their man, or even adding LBs fast enough to cover agile TEs.

Fact is, Revis is going to be just as hard to trade as he will be to sign. I'd rather walk away with something than nothing.

20. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

We're not going to trade him to a division rival.

The Patriots may or may not get rid of Wes Welker...

We can't have so much money tied into so few people. This move indicates to me that nobody is safe. If Johnson and Idzik are willing to trade Revis, you can bet that they will be doubly willing to trade Saint Chez.