iphone 5

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by bigalxc, Sep 5, 2012.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I never got these "Stolen" arguments or even caring what people use. Apple took ideas and then made some really good products out of it. All the big companies are suing each other. I'm not going to feel bad for one over another. The patent system in general is the product of the ridiculous patents you can get.

2. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

I have been using iPhone for the last five years. I picked up an S3 on Thurs and am thinking about returning it.

3. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Mind if I ask why?

4. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

Not sure if any Verizon Iphone 5 users know this, there has been a problem with the phone using data wile connected to Wifi. Verizon has since fixed the problem with an update. If you did get overcharges for the data, make sure Verizon takes it off your bill.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/10/01/technology/iphone-5-data-overage/

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Scores of iPhone 5 users hit Apple's support forums over the past week to exchange anecdotal reports on a scary bug: Their phones appeared to be sucking down cellular data even when they were connected to a Wi-Fi network, resulting in big overages as they blew through their monthly data caps.

Apple hasn't publicly commented on how widespread the bug is, but the company confirmed its existence on Sunday when it pushed out a software update aimed at fixing it for customers on Verizon's network.

The software update "resolves an issue in which, under certain circumstances, iPhone 5 may use Verizon cellular data while the phone is connected to a Wi-Fi network," Apple wrote in a posting on its support website.

Verizon Wireless customers "will not be charged for any unwarranted cellular data usage," a company spokesman told CNNMoney on Monday. The company declined to comment further on the issue.

5. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

iPhone a lifesaver? (literally)

Gas Complex Worker Tells of Terror and a Desperate Escape

"After nearly two days of hiding from the hostage-takers, Mr. Floria and seven others decided their only chance at survival would come from climbing the fence and running away. They left around 2 a.m. for what became a harrowing desert trek, guided only by the flickering flame atop a gas well in the distance and a compass application on Mr. Floria’s iPhone.
    Fortunately, the iPhone app worked without a cellular signal. They walked over barren terrain of sand and rocks and small hills, from about 2 a.m. until the late afternoon with only short breaks.

At last they found the gas well. There was a temporary building there, and at least one of the men was struggling to go on.
    "

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/23/world/africa/worker-at-algerian-gas-facility-describes-escape.html

6. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Not even Apple could fuck up a compass app...It's impossible.

7. Drew

Drew Active Member

Does anyone have any case recommendations?

I really liked the standard bumper case on my iPhone 4. Right now I have a Speck case.. and it's cracked on the bottom. Need a new one. Shame they didn't make a bumper for the 5.

8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

You want a thin case with good protection?

Case crown slider ( what I use like 6$ on amazon)

You want max protection?

Otter box defender

You want the illness shit?

Element sector 5.

9. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

Otterbox defender or commuter series