WCO Plays, Formations, and any other info to understand the 'O' better

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

If you were expecting 'realistic' NFL experience out of EA Madden shit, I have to tell you, you are sorely mistaken. I have seen better garbages than the piece of shit they package as "Madden Football." Guess why I quit.

Reasons? Let me give you just a few. There are a LOT more.

1. The DBs would either bite the pump fake or bite the play fake - so your receiver has beaten the DB by 5 yards to say the least. If you launch the bomb at him, the DB, full 5 yard behind will 1. catch up to the receiver and 2. intercept the ball.

2. Pass underneath is even funnier. You will have a chance to see David Harris, one of the slower ILBs, gliding across the field for good 7 yard and make an interception out of a pass, intended for Wes Welker, good 5 yards clear in his way after the break.

3. The kingpin of all? I'd have to give that to Vince Wilfork. At one point, I was backed up at 3 yard line - and hit a streak pattern on Braylon Edwards. He caught the ball at 38 yard or so, and had nothing but green grass [ahead] of him. As I was running along the sideline, I found this fatty closing on Braylon - and that fatty made a tackle at 7 yard line. That fatty happened to be Vince Wilfork. For a moment, I almost threw my controller in a disgust, but after a while, I saved that replay. I would get such an uncontrollable laughter out of the whole replay. Vince outrunning his own DBs for crying out loud.

See that? And this is but a tip of iceberg. Madden AI 1. cheats 2. gets stat boosts and 3. the players play with huge amount of influence zone. That's what they mean by "All Madden."

2. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

the short passing scheme of the WCO will only put defensive backs closer to our end zone when they inevitably INT one of Mark's late arrivals.

3. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

why would you do that?

4. Ten

Ten Active Member

Either that or prison, maybe we should send Sanchez to jail and see if his accuracy improves.

5. Mangold Goldman

I lol'ed (filler)

6. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

LOL...hey that could be it too.

7. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

one thing I keep seeing is how important it is for the FB to be a pass-catching threat. Seems like a role for Josh Baker if he can stay healthy

8. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Zach Line
    6-0
    FB/RB
    SMU

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...ek-13-risers-sliders/index.html#ixzz2IZmljYWC

9. BamaZeus

BamaZeus Member

Is a fullback a necessity in a WCO, or could a TE/H-back be used in his place? Or is it even possible to use the more common 3 WR/1 TE/1 RB set being used by many teams today?

10. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

not a necessity but really an important cog.

it is an absolute must that u have either a threat at FB catching the ball (like richie anderson was for the jets) or at TE (look at the niners with brent jones).

if u have both more power to ya.

11. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Could Joe McKnight have a big role in the WCO? I think he could

12. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Agreed. If josh Baker could stay healthy, baker and McKnight would be lethal.

13. Murrell2878

14. Murrell2878

15. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I know how the conversation ends. No matter the talent, don't throw late into triple coverage. Things like that happened way too often the last couple years.

Sanchez is by far the most physically talented QB on our roster, but his head is fucked up right now and I. Not us he can get it back.