Once again, Patriots fans are losing it

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Axel3419, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Coaching football requires a lot of human interaction.

2. gopats88

gopats88 Member

Who the hell cares that he didn't do an interview with a sideline reporter? CBS? Tough luck. If they really want that interview, then they can work it into the next contract they sign with the NFL. JetBlue? Guess what, no one cares what you think. Using that as an example of "classlessness" is ridiculous. It's just a simple case of a TV network being upset that they didn't get an exclusive interview that they could sell to other networks and/or use to increase their own viewer ratings. There would be nothing "classy" about doing that interview, and there was nothing "classless" about declining it. I didn't watch Belichick's press conference, but I'm nearly positive he spent a good portion of it giving credit to the Ravens for how they played. What more do you want? To hear the same thing condensed into 30 seconds ten minutes after the game has ended? Really? That will make you like Belichick more as a human being? If so, that's pretty sad. Either way, I don't think he cares.

3. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. gopats88

gopats88 Member

With players? He seems to handle that just fine.

With the public and media? He does everything that is required. Again, you might have a problem with how he does his job, but how much do you think your opinion matters to him?

5. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

It's not about me. Everyone has a problem with it because he's a giant #&#%^@&. I think even most Patriots fans acknowledge this but the defense is "he's our #&#%^@& and he wins games."

He doesn't care about other people. He doesn't care what they think and he treats them badly.

6. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

It's unsportsmanlike, unprofessional, and childish. Who cares? That's a good question, because really, who cares? Yet, still though, you don't want to know "Who cares", you just want to excuse the bad behavior with a deflective rhetorical question, when actually that doesn't excuse anything. His behavior is unbecoming of the National Football League and sets a terrible precedent that the most well-known coach in the NFL is remembered for unsportsmanlike behavior. Then again, he was caught cheating red-handed, so how much worse could his reputation really get? I see your point, Bill Bellichick has literally managed to devolve into a worse person than Satan himself.

I forgive you, devil-worshipper. Your ignorance blinds you.

#86 VanderbiltJets, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  7. gopats88

gopats88 Member

Everyone? Haha. You realize that we are just going it circles now, right?

gopats88: Belichick doesn't care what the public perception of him is
    Yisman: But he should act differently because everyone hates him
    gopats88: But he doesn't care what everyone thinks, and there is no reason he needs to
    Yisman: But when he acts like he doesn't care, it makes everyone dislike him
    gopats88: SO WHAT!!!

The only people that feel Belichick treats them badly are people who expect to be coddled (i.e. the media, fans of other teams, and a select handful of people within the league). Tom Coughlin has beaten him twice in Super Bowls, and is very good friends with him. Obviously he doesn't feel like he has been treated badly after Bill's playoff losses. Harbaugh just beat Belichick and said that he was "so classy in the things he said". Obviously he didn't feel like he was treated badly.

8. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

what a load of shit. The guy is a poor loser and a punk. You pats fans and team are in a self righteous world of your own.

9. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

You could just acknowledge the fact that Belichick goes out of his way to at least appear to be a <censored>, instead of saying things like "He doesn't go out of his way to impress people with his "classiness"."

That's like saying Ahmadinejad doesn't go out of his way to express his love for Israel.

10. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Does that include his wife that he cheated on?

11. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

This isn't true at all. For years the press has rode BB's nuts and continually referred to the pats as the "classiest" team in the league. they have shown little class while winning or losing but the networks keep towing the company line. The reason people are so happy right now is that the shine is finally starting to wear off and people with a voice to do so are speaking up.

12. gopats88

gopats88 Member

It's unprofessional to decline an interview? Since when? I just did a real quick google search, and Peyton Manning, Jim Harbaugh, and A.J. Smith have all declined post game interviews. Where was the scandal in those instances?

Why do I get the sense that people really have no idea whether this is considered "classless" or not? It seems like people are just jumping on the "crucify Belichick because CBS employee Shannon Sharpe said so" bus.

By the way, what is your address? I'm coming to your house Saturday to interview you about professional interviewing ethics.

13. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

14. gopats88

gopats88 Member

I do think he enjoys being made out to be the enemy by the media. Part of his behavior could certainly be influenced by that in the same way that Charlie Sheen thrived in the role of being the crazy, off-the-hook, party animal once people started paying attention to that side of him. However, I also think he has a ridiculous amount of respect for the other coaches and players in the league, and I think his behavior reflects that. It just isn't as visible as his actions toward the media. How many of the coaches that he has supposedly wronged have ever had anything bad to say about him. Many of them have actually rushed to defend his actions.

The media frequently express their admiration for the Patriots organization, and for Belichick's coaching genius, but they have also leaped upon every opportunity to make him appear as the enemy. They compliment his coaching prowess at every opportunity, but they also attack his character just as quickly.

15. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

Please show proof of this. The national media never calls him out, maybe some local Boston writers. Meanwhile Rex puts too much mayo on his sandwiche and it is a headline on profootballtalk. I believe this outburst from multiple angles is people reaching the boiling point. We have been force fed the Patriots and "the patriot way" for so long that it was a matter a time before a backlash. As a fans perspective dealing with some of your comrades has been rediculous over the past few years. Including one that tried to tell me Pollard should be kicked out of football for yesterdays hit and "It doesn't matter if Ridley lowered his head, Pollard can't go helmet to helmet." In my opinion this isn't about the arrogance of the Patriots, I have had the opportunity to meet a few pro athletes socially and arrogance is par for the course. I believe it is more a case of the King being knocked off his thrown and the peasents are rejoicing. Even when they were doing wrong, they could still somehow do no wrong and now suddenly the truth is been told loud and clear.

#95 Jets_Grinch, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  16. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

How often do coaches have anything bad to say about each other in general? Coaches are very leery of criticizing their counterparts.

17. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

All I hear is blah blah blah from gopats.

"Paraphrased from SVP Show which I watched a segment."

Well listen here guy it is classless to bite the hand that feeds you. Coach Gayboy makes tons of money from the NFL and CBS. If I could make $7.5 million or so dollars to coach football I would do a damn interview with CBS even after my team failed.

Coach B is the only coach who thinks he is above the NFL. Doesn't like the injury report rule, so Tom Brady has an injured shoulder, doesn't like the fact that he doesn't know the opposing teams signals so he cheats and steals their signals, doesn't like his name being in a video game so he declines the money.

Nobody is above the game and its foolish for him to think so. You can defend him for winning, you cannot defend him for being a classless arrogant prick.

As a Yankee fan I deal with this shit all the time when my team loses. Buck up and deal with it. Same with Joe Girardi, he doesn't run away from the press when his team loses, even though its the top story on Sportcenter and America loves to see them lose.

You've seen your team win 3 superbowls in the past 15 years. I have not even seen my team play in one. All I wanna do is be able to do is call my dad and tell him that we won the trophy and get to celebrate the win with him. Its so sad that your team has been to the playoffs every year and has not won since 2004, but nobody gives a shit. Your team is cocky as hell and the rest of the NFL hates them and most NFL fans hate them.

(And yes I know the Yankees win all the time, however I do not go around talking trash on another teams board about how the Yankees are the high chiefs and their team should be looked down upon like so many Patriots fans like to do)

#97 SienaSaints, Jan 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  18. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

i love how gopats conveniently ignored the post about belichicks little adultery business...

beli is a scumbag through and through

19. gopats88

gopats88 Member

Okay, lets approach this from another direction then. You've said multiple times that Belichick "treats everyone like shit". Who are these people that say they've been treated poorly by him? We've established that coaches never seem to feel that way (our at last never say they do). His players don't seem to have a problem with his personality out style of coaching. Even after players leave NE they generally speak highly of him.

The media? Well that's partly because he doesn't cooperate with them as much as they would like. He declines interviews, and doesn't even try to be interesting. But they are also inherently biased to an extreme degree. They need to sell stories one way or another. Belichick is an all time great coach, but he doesn't have a marketable personality. To them, that's a shame. So what do they do? They make him out to be an evil villain. That's how they sell their stories.

It's funny you haven't figured this out, because your own coach is a perfect case study of how the media can act like this. When Ryan came to town he had a loud, interesting personality and the media ran with it and loved it. After a while he became less boisterous and his charm wore off. He was no longer marketable. How did the media respond? They started attacking him and seeking out every opportunity to make him look bad. The followed him on vacation hoping for those kind of opportunities. Like I said, they are going to write stories one way or another. Belichick just never had a marketable personality so they skipped right over that part.

Fans of other teams? Well yeah, that's kind of expected. Fans hate watching other teams win consistently. Add in spygate, and the fact that fans blindly follow the media, and it's obvious that they would.

So who are these people who Belichick supposedly treats like shit, who don't have obvious reasons to hate him regardless of how they are treated?

20. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Sorry to say but BB is a HOF coach who at this point in his life should be able to show some sportsmanship on the national stage. Acting like a sore loser in sports is classless and BB act as a loser on the big stage going out to a national audience isn't a great image for the NFL regardless of how common it's becoming.

The guy’s life is about football, losing, like winning is part of sports. Life goes on, it's ultimately about the competition which is more than merely winning. BB should grow up and stop acting like a little whinny bitch just because his team lost a big game.