Poll: what kind of stats does Sanchize have to put up to remain a Jet after next seas

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tbruner12, Jan 7, 2013.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Would you rather have Flacco or creamed corn?

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Those are Sanchez's first 4 years in the league. While yes Mark was great two years ago in the playoffs, his stats this have regressed to his rookie stats.

GP CMP ATT CMP%YDS AVG TD LNG INT FUM QBR RAT
    15 196 364 53.8 2,444 6.71 12 65 20 8 31.6 63.0
    16 278 507 54.8 3,291 6.49 17 74 13 5 48.0 75.3
    16 308 543 56.7 3,474 6.40 26 74 18 4 33.6 78.2
    15 246 453 54.3 2,883 6.36 13 66 18 9 23.4 66.9

Yes Mark played fine for us 2 years ago and that 6 game playoff size out of the 60 games he started looks really nice, but we saw none of that this year and only glimpses in his third year. We needed wins in TEN this year and MIA last year to keep playoff chances alive, 4 INT and 3 INT games from him. 16 and 10 points from the offense.

Yes the talent level has eroded around him and that's not his fault. It's not his fault he was offered a huge contract and it's not his fault we traded up to grab him 5th in the draft. It his is fault for trying to do much, trying to force throws, not trusting his teammates, and having poor ball security. Yes it's the Jets fault for not managing him and growing him correctly. No it's not the Jets fault he forgot what he learnt in his second and third year. No it's not the Jets fault he can't find the touch in screen passes and can't hit WR in stride.

It's depressing because Sanchez showed so much promise two years ago and we haven't seen much of that or any of that. In fact what I saw at the end of the season is a QB who lost confidence in himself.

And yes maybe 2 years ago Sanchez was a better shot than Flacco at QB but Flacco has separated himself by not turning the ball over left and right and Sanchez mostly has separated himself from Flacco by turning the ball over left and right.

Also Sanchez' mistakes and turnovers could be tolerated if like Eli or Romo he was making big plays to help the team out. Basically touchdowns to cancel out the mistakes, something we didn't get. Basically the best games we had this season was when we could run the ball for 180+ yards and forced multiple turnovers, which most QBs would succeed with.

#462 displacedfan, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Flacco's weapons 2012;

Ray Rice
    Bernard Pierce
    (combined to average 4.6 YPC)
    Torrey Smith
    Anquan Boldin
    Jacoby Jones
    Dennis Pitta

Mark Sanchez's weapons most of 2012
    Shonn Greene
    Bilal Powell
    (combined to average 3.9 YPC
    Jeremy Kerley
    Chaz Schilens
    Clyde Gates
    Jeff Cumberland
    konrad Reuland

can we spot any differences?

4. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Yeah. Flacco throws accurately to his WRs and Sanchez doesn't.

5. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

You avoided this poster's question to reply with this? Surprising that someone on here would do that.

6. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

nyjunc still thinks Sanchez is the best QB EVARRRRR, even if Flacco wins the SB.

7. Section 227. Row 5

I didn't avoid the poster's question; I answered it properly.

Junc lists both sets of weapons and then asks if we see any differences. The inference is that if Mark Sanchez had Flacco's weapons, he'd be as good as Flacco is. He also infers that the lack of weapons is what holds Sanchez' numbers back.

Do I see any differences? Yeah, Flacco throws accurately and Sanchez does not. That's the biggest difference of all. Maybe if Sanchez could hit the broad side of a barn without turning his WR into a contortionist to catch the ball, he'd have more completions. The flip side is, give Flacco our weapons and his accuracy would make them better.

So, come on. Don't be so "surprised" at posters' rejections of Junc's attempts to rejuvenate and rewrite Sanchez' shortcomings.

8. nyjunc

Yep, b/c that is what I wrote:lol: I love when people mnake stuff up b/c they have nothing else.

9. nyjunc

Having trust in your WRs helps, right? go back and look at his '09/'10 in january and you'll see a huge difference. You'll see a much more accurate passer, the weapons he had this year were brutal(the healthy ones). he's never had weapons like Flacco has now and Flacco has struggled though obviously nowhere near as much as mark this year.

10. Section 227. Row 5

I'm not saying our weapons aren't inferior to Flacco's because they obviously are. But nor should you try to convince people with 20-20 vision that Sanchez is as good or would be as good as Flacco is. Flacco's passes are much more accurate for the most part, his pocket presence is miles ahead, his feel for the game and for reading defenses is far superior and the difference in ball security isn't even close.

11. Section 227. Row 5

And as long as we're comparing Sanchez to Flacco, let me throw one more thing in the mix that IS NOT Marks' fault: Size.

He's just too freaking small for me. Call me crazy, but I just don't like small QBs (yeah, I know... Drew Brees).

Seriously, the number of batted down balls with Mark is ridiculous. Part of this is his size but also his inability to stop staring down his receivers. With Flacco, even if he stares the guy down (like on that one TD pass to Boldin in the EZ), the linemen were trying to get up high enough to bat it down and no dice... Flacco was up in the air throwing it from an arc of like 10' down to Boldin in the EZ.

12. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

6'2 is a good size for a QB. Brady is 6'4 and had many passes deflected last night.

13. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

Russell Wilson barely had any passes batted down this year and he's shorter than Mark.

Its just having a feel for the position which Mark clearly doesnt have in the pocket.

14. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Wilson and Brees are the two smaller QBs I can think of on the top of my head. Wilson gets great protection allowing him lanes to throw through or he can move to get a better view.

Brees is amazing in the pocket considering his height. I believe he drops back really far in the pocket to see and at times you see him make a lot of throws while craning his neck to make sure nobody is there.

Size makes life easier, also harder to bring down.

15. nyjunc

Flacco left a million passes on the field in Denver last week, let's not make him out to be Joe Montana. sanbchez is the better postseason QB btw the 2 and Bal loved hi so much, tought he was so great that they allowed him to get to FA and now will have to pay much more b/c of one great postseason.

The game is much easier for a QB when you have talent around you- see the difference btw mark in '10 and Mark in '12.

16. matt robinson 17

Saw him at Hofstra 3 years ago and he was about 6'

17. matt robinson 17

Judging by success Flacco is better he won an AFCCG

18. nyjunc

unfortunately our D never played like his D did in an AFC Championship Game.

19. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

LOLOLOL. You have got to be fucking kidding me. You seriously cannot be serious right now. Please tell me you're a troll.

Flacco is in the Superbowl. He is, by definition, a better postseason QB than Mark Sanchez. Mark Sanchez has four playoff wins, but two championship losses. In what universe does that make him a better postseason QB than Flacco?

Seriously, your love for the Saint Chez is disturbing.

20. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

when you draft a QB 5th overall, you want that QB to make average players into weapons. That's the part about Sanchez that's most depressing, he needs players to make him better, when he should be making players around him better.

Please btw do not try to come to the conclusion that i'm discrediting the importance of having great skill players, i'm just trying to make a point.