WCO Plays, Formations, and any other info to understand the 'O' better

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Dude i rewatched 6 games this morning.

Gilyard, gates, Reuland.

Scottenheimer Sparano.

The kid makes big time plays in big time spots, and so far he's been below average in other spots.

The former is like Jeter..who comes up big, when the lights are bright.

But as I said...week 1 healthy cast, he lit it up. Week 10, he ran the type of offense we are implementing.

And in his first two years, he beat both Brady, and Manning, and had to throw to do it.
    Don't be referred, see the problem for where it lies.

Brady,young, both we're fucking scrubs, that did jack shit in Sanchezs brief tenure.
    Not to say hell be either, but you're ignoring you're own lying eyes

Fans of other teams, of theeyre as blind as you, why would care...Jacksonville was starting Chad fucking Henne fcol.

Where is Josh Freeman, that everyone here wanted?

#121 Hobbes3259, Jan 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  2. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

Dude...your starting to babble:beer:

3. Hobbes3259

This Sanchez shit irks me.

I spend an awful lot of time breaking down film, for kicks...

But how can any intelligent discussion about Sanchez not start with Schottenheimer,Sparano, Gilyard,Gates,Rueland....?

4. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Did you really just call Brady a scrub? I hate the guy, but he won Superbowls. Three of them. He's appeared in five. I don't see how that qualifies as being a scrub in relation to Sanchez. Brady has the most playoff wins by a QB in history.

He didn't beat Brady. He beat the Patriots defense. He didn't beat Manning. He beat the Colts defense.

Sanchez is terrible. If you were the GM of another team, would you bring him over considering all four years? I know I wouldn't. He had a great defense and running game. If either of those becomes average (see running game, though to be fair, it was inflated) he becomes downright terrible. He actively tries to lose games for us.

I seriously don't know what the fuck you see in him. I see a scared little boy who I wouldn't work hard for when out on the football field. I don't see a man that's ready to lead, despite his talents. McElroy isn't very talented, but he (far and away) looked like a MUCH better leader than Sanchez ever did.

5. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

He's regressed since his college days. Put it in this perspective. The Jets ran a ball control, run first offense with short safe throws and he led the league in turnovers these last two years, so what would running the wco make different?

Schotty was a decent OC. Just because he is owed a lot of money it doesn't earn him the right to start. His play has been historically awful. I mean if he had another 2011 like season then I wouldn't have had that big of an issue with him starting next season.

huh?

Lol so we have to wait 8 years like the Giants did for Simms? That was an era when QB's sat for 3 or 4 years before they got a chance to start.

We're in an era when QB's gets no more than 2 years to show and prove and if they aren't playing at an high level (or close to it) they are replaced. The Jets have given Sanchez 4 seasons and he hasn't had one good season yet.

define physically gifted as it pertains to Sanchez. From what I've seen he does NOTHING well.

Shitty QB's have won Super Bowls before like Dilfer and Johnson and neither QB lasted long. So why must we look at those 4 road wins as a reason to keep him around?

I supported him and was patient for the past 3 seasons but i'm tired of being patient I want to see results. Is that too much to ask? That '11 Ravens game told me that Sanchez was not the long term answer but I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but I guess I was right this dude is a pussy.

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Thanks for hijacking the thread. If you supposedly spend all this time "breaking down film", why can't you see that Sanchez has terrible footwork resulting in terrible accuracy?

Feel free to answer in one of the 2,341,234 other threads discussing Sanchez.

7. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

dude just make life easy for yourself turn on Madden 13 and pick West Coast offense and look at the formations,The flanker drive is one of my go to plays

#127 LongIslandBlitz, Jan 19, 2013
  8. Hobbes3259

9. Hobbes3259

Yes, I remember Penninngton beating the Colts in 2002.

Sanchez is not quite as astute as Penny, but has a much better arm....

#129 Hobbes3259, Jan 19, 2013
  10. LongIslandBlitz

im not a fan of the West Coast Offense, Go ask Eagle fans how they felt about it for 10 years, They hated Moorniwig and they had alot of talent on that team

11. LongIslandBlitz

If andy reid would have handed the ball off to Mcoy 20 plus times a game he would still be coach of the Eagles instead he ran a West Coast offense that always threw the ball

12. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Eagles major problems were on Defense and lack of effort. That and Vick turning the ball over a ton. They have had some good offenses over the years though.

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

eagle fanshate everything, even santa

14. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

McCoy was pretty shitty last year as was the run blocking. 2 seasons ago McCoy had a TD in every game. He played much worse this season.

15. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I could not take it if he did.

16. Hobbes3259

So do Jets Fans..l

17. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Pretty sure the flanker drive or some version of it is in the jets playbook in Madden 13. I use it as well.

I would streak the TE in that play for madden 13 though. Calling a levels pattern like that then throwing to the deeper route tends to lead to bs ints with LBs that can jump 20 ft in the air, even with the new physics engine. Meh.

18. PuMa

PuMa Banned

We need a really good QB coach ..that QB coach and Marty could help Sanchez with footwork and accuracy..decision making ect. not saying "Hey ! lets vote for sanchez to start" ..but if they do give him a 86th chance it WILL benefit

19. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I really think Jets should go all out to trade for Matt Flynn. He's perfect for it and contrary to some who say his games were meaningless they were not as Detroit was trying to get in the playoffs ( he set greenbay records ) also in preseason he looked good , it's not his fault he ran into an out of the blue elite QB in the making in Wilson. Get rid of Sanchez , sign Flynn if cap permits it . that's a big first step. Recievers in the WCO will fall into place , QB is key .

20. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Sanchez's career completion percentage is 55.1%. Michael Vick's career completion percentage before becoming the starter in Philly was 51.4%, roughly 4 points lower. Since Vick became the starter in Philly, his completion percentage has been 60.2%, nearly a 10 point jump. Reid, MM and WCO seem to have done wonders for his accuracy.