WCO Plays, Formations, and any other info to understand the 'O' better

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Jan 18, 2013.

1. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Sanchez is better off rolling out of the pocket and throwing the ball. Kerley, Holmes and Keller seem suited to WCO. Obviously Sanchez ran the WCO successfully at USC.

I'm surmising that we can read the following into the hiring MM: A) Sanchez is going to be the QB and B) the Jets r transitioning to WCO b/c Sanchez has the best chance to be successful in the WCO.

Should be interesting.

2. laxin

laxin Active Member

As far as fits go... This may make Howard more serviceable from a passblocker stand point. Im interested to to see how the guard position shakes out. Im not too familiar with the WCO in terms of personnel.

From a common sense stand point, Kerley and Holmes seem like solid fits. I definitely think we have to add a very talented RB through the draft- Gio Bernard might remind them of McCoy, Jawan Jamison would be very good also, and Eddie Lacy is just a great runner.

At the WR position- Cordarelle Patterson would be a great fit for YAC. Quinton Patton would be a perfect fit- doesnt rely on speed to create separation, great route runner and quick in and out of routes. Nuk Hopkins is very dynamic and so is Markus Wheaton- both can make plays and can get separation.

Ryan Nassib might be an intriguing option at the QB position- he has very good footwork and great accuracy within 20 yards. His release is quick and his arm is exceptional. Most of all, and most importantly, he has very good anticipation which from my understanding is key in WCO. He can anticipate when a WR is going to be open and throw to a spot instead of to where the WR is.

#22 laxin, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  3. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Dude, I'm hoping you made that bet a long time ago and not recently....

4. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

The problem I have with this system is we don't have the right players for it on the roster, And it's not a very succes ful system anymore, The Eagles ran it for years and the Dolphins ran it last season, It worked well in the 70's and 80', Id have to check but Im pretty sure not one playoff team this year runs a base West Coast offense, We need fast recivers for this to work

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

That's what Nacho ran at USC to multiple plus 300 yard games and a Rose Bowl.

It's what the Jets should have done when they drafted him, instead of turning him into the Early Vinny Testaverde.now you'll get the Parcells era Vinny.

6. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I must have a love fest too, I guess. I agree with everything you said about Sanchez but yet I still think that he is still salvageable with better management as he's been poorly managed thus far.

7. LongIslandBlitz

nope I was getting mad one day at a buddys house because everyone was laughing about the Jets and I made the bet then right after the Butt Fumble happend it was the same week as that, it was that weekend after the thanksgiving joke

8. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

I agree...the OC hire is about Sanchez. Too much invested in him and Rex just to give up.

Sanchez will give the jets the best chance to win.

9. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Bruce Coslet rant the WCO here. He sucked.

10. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

We don't have the personnel to run the WCO, but then again we don't have the personnel to run GNP either. At least Rex finally accepts it isn't 1960 and the league has stacked the deck against running teams to make it a passing league now with BS 60 yard PI spots from incidental contact, 5 yard bump, and you can't touch the QB anymore.

11. CandleGuy

CandleGuy New Member

Sanchez's biggest problems are accuracy and decision making

He can't get down with a WCO

12. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Let's talk about us not winning anything till this shit is gone! I dislike the WCO and don't think it works to become a champion.

13. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

Honestly Jerry Rice didn't run fast at all ... He just ran precise routes as you mentioned and out worked people like no other . He kind of had that scratch your head talent like I don't know how he out ran those guys. Give me players that work hard and I'll be happy.

14. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

If true, you need to immediately join a gambling anonymous support group, that was a wildly irresponsible and terrible bet.

15. LongIslandBlitz

Alot of NFL teams sample and have west coast packages , There's no telling if we will be using just a west coast scheme or if we will mix it up a little

16. LongIslandBlitz

not anymore it doesnt, Bill Walsh had huge succes with it winning 3 Superbowls with the 49ers but that was ages ago

17. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Maybe we just should have brought back Paul Hackett and Pennington.

18. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

And Bill Walsh's WCO is a hybrid of the original WCO. Paul Brown ran the WCO originally and Walsh ran a modified version of that (e.g. alot less i-formation in Walsh's version).

19. LongIslandBlitz

A west coast offense with Rex Ryans defense could be sick if it all worked right

20. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Yes u are correct as usual but also older than I...;)