Jets Hire Marty Mornhinweg for OC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tank75, Jan 18, 2013.

1. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Good, makes it easier for Idzig to part ways with both of them in 2014.

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

No, we need a guy that can get rid of the ball in three steps, and six yards.

And we do.

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

SOJF all over the place.

What would be the right answer? Our offense is a DISASTER. It has 0 identity and it doesn't have the personnel to meddle and take a "wait and see approach". We needed an overhaul. We are getting an overhaul. Actually, it's probably the move that makes the most sense considering what we have at WR. Kerley/Holmes are your horizontal threats that open up Braylon/Hill, the vertical threats. We just need to find the QB to get them the ball. McKnight and Powell will get their shots, but Greene is a lock to walk now, and that's what we need.

We NEEDED this. But Jets fans don't always care what's good and bad, they just care that they have something to bitch about.

4. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

hey if mornhinweg thinks he can fix sanchez im all for it, or if he wants to bring in flynn or something im for that too

guy had foles looking decent at the end of the season.

5. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

seriously andy reid let this guy call plays for his team, hes the only guy he let do that. seems to me like a guy that wants to get out of andy reids shadow now and thinks he can make it work with the jets offense.

lets see what he can do, and i doubt he wants to bring in vick. if it werent for vick going down they would all still be in philly.

6. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Only the Jets could get progressively worse with two straight OC hires.

7. Win4ever

Win4ever New Member

I like this hire as far as philosophy goes, I'm just not sold on it meshing with our roster right now. We need a new QB either way, and I think this moves makes it even more important. I don't care if he runs a WC, shotgun, piston, water gun, or Wii gun offense, without a Qb, it's moot.

But again, he wasn't the worst case scenario, that in itself is an improvement on my hopes this offseason.

8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

One of the most uneducated posts I've seen so far in this thread, which has been quite a doozy already.

9. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Well yeah that's the thing, they don't have 'anyone' that can run a WC system. You need a QB that can read and react, you need an athletic RB, and actual WR's that can play. None of that exists, they're a lot closer personnel-wise to ground and pound. You can have the right offense with the wrong guy at the wrong time.

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I really doubt they told him to make it work with the Jets current offense. It's not even the offense Ryan wants on the field..he was clear about that.

11. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Hm, why am I not happy that we are getting the ex-OC of a team who had many good offensive weapons but sucked something awful?

12. BleednGreen247

you are delusional

13. rpetrulsky

rpetrulsky New Member

Won the coin toss in OT and chose to kick Morninweg

uhghhhh! This is the same guy? Former Detroit HC.

14. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Give the man a chance. He probably was the only candidate to say yes. He manned up.

15. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

He adds a new phase to our offense and is a change what we have been doing with these different coordinators with the same philosophies obviously hasnt worked so I like the change

16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Teddy Bridgewater is a good WCO QB =)

Haha, but seriously this team needs an overhaul philosophy wise

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

And it couldn't come soon enough..after 7 years of 20 runs a game up the middle this should have everybody singing praises for this move.

18. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

People not happy, please look past the Lions HC record. He went to Eagles & spent years under Andy Reid as OC & did well. If Jets got Andy Reid as an OC we'd be ecstatic. He also brings in a fresh new offensive philosophy/scheme. He's worked with pocket passers & running QB.

Is he the answer? No idea.
    Do we have a total FAIL offense about to change direction/philosophy/leadership? Yup.

19. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Something important to think about: Sparano had never called plays before. Not with Dallas, not in Miami. That was one of the biggest complaints with him and gripes from the players, that he didn't know how to do it properly. It's a very underrated tough part of the job.

Mornhinweg has a ton of experience at that. And I actually think Sanchez might be good in a rhythm passing offense.

20. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Better than Sporano and no more ground and pound. I like it.