Poll: what kind of stats does Sanchize have to put up to remain a Jet after next seas

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tbruner12, Jan 7, 2013.

1. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

You do know that we lost to the same team right? Did flacco fumble causing his team to lose? Really junc?
    Well if stats are not important, what other information are you looking at? You haven't looked at game history! You eyes mislead you pal, so does your brain.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

2011 was not terrible, the last 3 games were terrible but the season as a whole was not. Despite 3 of his main weapons being out of fooball most of 2012 he set a franchise record for most total TDs w/ 26 pass and 6 rush. He led us to over 20 PPG and we missed the playoffs by a game or 2. he was not bad, THIS YEAR he was brutally bad. He wasn't as good as 2010 but he was far from bad.

3. tbruner12

Has Sancho beaten Baltimore yet?

4. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

haha, true.

But the fact of the matter is that any intellectually honest, objective observer with anything even resembling a brain realizes that Sanchez blows, so quite naturally, this discussion disintegrates into meaningless banter rather quickly.

5. nyjunc

we did lose to the same team, they both led their teams to 17 pts but Flacco got 7 scored by his D and had a 21-7 lead and his INT set Pitt up at the Bal 25 for the tying TD in the 3rd qtr.

It is amazing though how you always look at stats yet in this sitiation you don't, I wonder why that is?

6. nyjunc

Nope, their D is better than ours. Flacco hasn't done much in our 2 meetings.

In 2 games led Bal's O to 23 pts throwing zero TDs w/ 2 INTs

7. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

"27th ranked but top 10 best" is fucking classic. comedic gold.

8. tbruner12

You realize that 6 of our 8 losses were on his back? That leaves little room for anyone else to have any mistakes. Did I mention when we needed him most he didn't come through. He had three games to play, win one and we are in. He didnt, and in the season final against Miami he choked big time! To say he is a game manager or leader is clearly a joke!

9. nyjunc

No I don't realize thatb b/c it's not true. He contributed to a few but on his back? 2nd Miami game is about the only one that fits that description.

10. tbruner12

What did taco do? In your own words "he led his team" didnt he? Over your Qb twice? Their defense could be ranked much lower and we still lose!

11. tbruner12

Back up some posts, you will see! I looked at each game in2011 and the play by plays will show you. His timely turnovers killed our team, his ability to lead us to 3-outs, fumbles, etc.. It's all there. Look at it yourself I can't wait to see your defense of him, it should be funny!

12. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

You do realize the irony of you mentioning a defense getting a turnover and setting up their offense in good field position to score don't you?

13. WillyBeaman

WillyBeaman New Member

Teams that win the SB tend to play well in most areas for a 4 game stretch. Thanks for demonstrating something that was patently obvious at the outset.

Both the NYG and NO defenses were awful during the regular season. Remember the Giants giving up 50 pts to NO on MNF? Remember them needing two TDs and a blocked field goal in the last 5 minutes to beat Dallas and save their season after Cory Webster blew yet another coverage? That defense was terrible. I am not going to reclassify them because they played well for a few games at the end. Sure enough same defense was bottom of the league the very next season.

Jets D is much better on a consistent basis, which takes a huge burden (in theory) off the rest of the team.

Btw, if Eli and the O turn the ball over no go 3 and out every possession, they give up many more points than they did during those playoffs.

14. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

it sure does. there is nothing serious about it at this point. you bring up stats and they dont matter, you bring up results and they dont matter, you bring up the eye test and THAT doesnt matter.

its worse than talking to a wall. but i know all of the standard answers he will give so i like to set him up to tell me what i already know he will tell me. its comical at this point.

AND even if sanchez gets cut and goes to another team and sucks and is out of the nfl in 3 years he will still argue about it. he still does it with herm edwards. you could guarantee if you mentioned herm edwards junc would show up to defend him.

AND he will move on to someone else shortly after sanchez leaves. its always the guy that people dont like, he just likes to argue with people in the internet.

i never got too involved in the schotty hate but i am sure he was there defending him.

15. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

nyjunc is a joke on many boards...at first I thought he was being real but after awhile its clear he just posts to stir the pot.

16. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i dont frequent any other boards, where else does he post?

17. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Sanchez's days of starting for the Jets are over. No way they bring in a West Coast offense and keep him as QB. Flynn, Smith or Vick are the QB next season, no matter who they have to cut to fit it in.

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Back to the OP's question, the implementation of the WCO changes the entire dynamic surrounding Sanchez. I'm not so sure Sanchez can flourish in a timing/accuracy dependent system. If Sanchez can't hackett, then I doubt he's on the Roster in '14 no matter the cap hit. Unless he turns it around PDQ, he's gonna be pretty toxic to the home crowds in '13 and perhaps Rex might want to consider only playing him OTR.

19. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

He has about 25k posts on finheaven.

20. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

To me Sanchez would have to put up a 3:1 TD-INT ratio, no more than 4 fumbles, and over 60% completion to stay in at QB