Poll: what kind of stats does Sanchize have to put up to remain a Jet after next seas

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tbruner12, Jan 7, 2013.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

He was developing at a nice pace w/ Schottenheimer, he regressed under Sparano.

I gave STs credit for Dallas. The revis INT set up the GW FG but the poor play of the D for most of the game put us in the hole that we had to come back from.

you know 33 yards is more than 20, right?
    you know 43 is more than 20, right?

They had one drive less than 20 yds.

In long FG range? you mean in record setting FG range.

Min 40- would be a 58 yarder but in monsoon moved ball to Minny 7
    NYJ 32- would be 86 yd FG
    Min 47- 65 yds
    Min 45- 63 yds
    Min 19

as always you are WRONG but thanks for playing!

2. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

No, I might have been off on the total yardage, but the fact doesn't change the Jets had the ball 4 times in Viking territory to start the drive, and as I've said previously they were in the red zone 3 times and only walked away with 4 FG's. So the premise of the argument is still correct. 4 times the offense starts with a short field, and 4 times they don't do shit with it.

I'll conceed I was off on the yardage gained, but the bigger, and more important part is still correct. 4 times starting in vikings territory, one time STARTING the drive in the redzone and The might Sanchez couldn't seal the deal.

Let me ask you oh short sighted one, how much more does a defense have to do other than score 7 points and give you the ball 4 times with a short field? Hmmm?

So I'll grant you a win on the minor point of how many yards were gained after getting the ball with the short field, but by arguing that point and drawing more emphasis to the short field the Jets had you do realize you've conceeded the larger picture that despite a short field on 4 occasions the Sanchez couldn't do squat...

So I'll give you the small tactical victory, but I'm going to claim the larger strategic battle. Chess is a game of maneuvering your opponent in to a position of weakness....so yeah, I exagerrated knowing you'd clamp on to it and have to conceed the larger picture in the end.

You've been played :p

3. nyjunc

You were off by a wide margin.

They got the ball near midfield most of the time, an advantage? yep but we still had to move the ball into FG range.

The D wouldn't have needed to score if they could have kept minny out of the EZ. Even after allowing Minny back w/in 2 the O then went on a TD drive late to give them a 9 pt lead but the D allowed a TD in a minute and it was a game again. Even if they make Minny take some time there's no chance they could win but they easily scored in a minute. Great defense!

You don't have to give me anything, I have taken victory by a wide margin. If this was a boxing match the fight would have been stopped in the 1st rd w/ the way you have been pummeled.

4. 1968jetsfan

The Defense wouldn't have had to score if the Offense had done it's job. But it didn't. Just like it didn't do most of the season.

Make any excuse you want, fact remains 4 times with a short field, 1 time starting inside the Vikings 20. Aside from 2 drives in the game the Jets offense was putrid. Debate it all you want, 4 times with a short field, 3 trips in to the redzone off of those 4 times, 0 TD's. 0.

Argue it any way you want, try to blame who you want. But the fact remains that the Jets Defense held the Vikings scoreless for the first two quarters, through the first 3 quarters the Defense had allowed a total of 7 points. During that time the defense had done EVERYTHING to help the offense but the offense sputtered save for 1 TD drive.

Offense does it's job like the defense did it's job the first 3 Quarters and the game is an easy blowout.

5. 1968jetsfan

And yes Football is played 4 Quarters, but despite your argument of a blown lead, the lead was never lost.

You have made an entire argument based off of exaggeration and hyperboyle.

Of course your the same guy who called Dilfer not a bad QB, when he's generally ranked as being one of the 50 worst QB's to ever play in the NFL....Sanchez will be joining that group.

6. nyjunc

The O did their job, they scored 22 pts which should be more than enough w/ a supposed grat D behind you.

The lead wasn't lost b/c when minny made it 12-7 we scored to make it 15-7, when Minny made it 15-13 we scored to make it 22-13.

who has ranked Dilfer as one of the 50 worst QBs to play the game? you clearly have no idea what you are watching.

7. 1968jetsfan

and back to the main point Junc...Defense held Minnesota to 7 points through 3 Quarters, They had given the Offense the ball inside Vikings territory 4 times during that period. with a long field those drives die, and the points probably never get scored. Just look at the over all drives of the Jets, except for two drives all game the offense was mute.

When the Defense is setting you up for relatively easy FG's that FG belongs as much, if not more, to the Defense than the Offense.

And I'll remind you it's not the offense that kicks FG's, that's the special teams. In reality the Jets offense only provided 6 points.

8. nyjunc

the game is 4 qtrs long, they allowed Minny back into it. The game never should have been close and every time Minny got close the O extended the lead.

again, the game was played in poor conditions for offense which is part of the reason we got those 2 fumbles to set us up and Sanchez did a great job not turning it over.

That last statement is as asinine as could be

9. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

the defense got tired of dragging the offense to the dinner table only to have it starve, because nacho was inept so many times. the minnesota game was a prime example. taco was ranked the worst player in the nfl according to nfl network and the players association last year? was that what that was?

10. nyjunc

You have so many incorrect facts in all your posts and now you are skipped that and are just making stuff up?

11. 1968jetsfan

Your right, the game never should have been close, but the ineptness of the offense kept Minnesota in the game....

you do realize you are complaining about a defense that allowed less yardage to Peterson the Tomlinson had in the game, and to a lower average per carry than Greene had in the game.

Yes the Jets defense got burnt a couple times on deep passes by Farve, but like you said the game should never have been close, the problem is you blame the defense for what was a close game for 3 Quarters. And I'll remind you after the offense sputtered again in the 4th Quarter the Defense did come up with the big play at the end of the game that sealed the deal. Remember the Jets offense got the ball with the Jets leading 22-20 with only 3:09 on the clock. all the offense has to do is get 2 first downs and the defense never steps on the field again....Two incomplete Sanchez passes and the Vikings get the ball back with 1:48 left in the game. But nothing new for the game, all game long save two drives the Jets offense was basically 3 and out or 1 first down then out all game long.

But with the money on the line Sanchez chocked the chicken and couldn't get a game clinching 1st down...Then again, Sanchez chocking isn't exactly new...

As per your normal you discredit the defense for forcing turnovers and then praise Sanchez for doing what he's supposed to do, and by the way that is the one kudos I'll give him for the game.

Again the Jets offense had exactly 2 good scoring drives all game, 2.

But yeah, whatever, the Jets offense was the king of the game...rofl.....

12. nyjunc

Our offense was inept this year, scoring 22 pts is not inept. We could have put our O on the opponents 5 4 times during a agame and they may have scored 6 pts. That's inept.

Peterson only carried it 18 times b/c they were playing from behind and had to pass, it's a good thing b/c he averaged almost 5 YPC that game.

Mark shouldn't have needed to get a 1st down, when we went up 22-13 the game should ahve been over but the D allowed an averag offense to score a TD in a minute and mark did lead us toa 1st down throwing for 11 yds on 2nd and 8, on the next 1st down LT lost a yd making it 2nd and 11 and making the job more difficult.

No one said we looked like the Pats out there on O but that doesn't absolve the D from blowing yet another lead.

13. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

incorrect facts? oh my bad ill correct my one incorrect fact.....he was90 something out of a hundred voted the most overrated players of the game last year. you havent proved me wrong yet on anything! the only thing you do is use the false assumption of your qb being a competent nfl qb. you have been handed the truth so many times about his incompetence, yet you fabricate false assumptions to keep from being wrong. then you act as if you have really won something. you havent won an argument yet with anyone. as long as you avoid reality by defending taco with your stupid points that are not true you will continue to get blistered by anyone who doesnt wear nachos jock around his nose and mouth. he sucks, he was carried by his team for 4 years, he cant carry his own weight, he was on the team thats about it. he was a better player for our opponents though.

14. 1968jetsfan

it is when your defense is constantly setting up in prime field postion to get 12 of those 22 points. When you go your whole game with ony 2 or 3 drives of note and 12 of the 22 points you "claim" for the offense was set up entirely by the defense and special teams....When you only have to go 30 yards for a chip shot FG it's your defense that did it's job, the offense just mirked along.

Dude you make more excuses for Sanchez...oh it's not his fault, dude...if this wasn't so pathetic it would be funny.

15. nyjunc

I can't believe someone who has watched football since the 60s still doesn't understand the game.

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

And I can't believe somebody who has watched it at least that long would continue to try and make the argument that the Jets problem is the defense..all the while doing it with a straight face.

17. nyjunc

You weren't voted least knowledgeable w/o good reason. Where did I ever say the problem is the defense? don't be confused by my criticism of the D to think I say the D has been THE problem.

18. WillyBeaman

WillyBeaman New Member

Stop it. You can't possibly be serious. You are playing us like Manti Teo.

The Giants 2011 D was one of the worst in the league. Eli threw for 5000 yards and set a league record for passing TDs in fourth quarter and they barely made playoffs. GB and NO Ds were mediocre at best. All payed better in the playoffs but they never even approached what Jets D has been most of last 4 years. With a competent offense, Jets D would be top 3 every year.

Clear strength of all of those SB teams was offense, notwithstanding that they payed better D in the playoffs. Those Ds were bend but don't break style defenses that relied on turnovers and momentum changing plays because they were not good enough to just stop people.

19. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

havent you said numerous times that mark sanchez is better than joe flacco?

20. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Let's cut to the chase here ...
    If Mark Sanchez is our starting QB in 2013 we have NO SHOT at winning enough games to qualify for the playoffs. NO SHOT.

I hate to say it, but if he's starting on opening day, I'll be rooting for a season ending injury. Not only is he the worst QB in the league, having him under center kills the development of young guys like Hill, Powell and Kerley. Can't have it.

EDIT: True story ... I was talking to my Dr. the other day about the results of a CAT scan I took. There was something he saw and wants me to get an MRI. He's 99% sure that it's nothing but he just wants to be 100% sure. I asked him if I should be worried that it could be something serious and he said no ... but I guess he still saw some worry on my face and added ... "there's a better chance that Mark Sanchez will outplay Tom Brady next season"

#400 truthbtold, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013