Potential GM Candidates (Update: Idzik Officially Hired)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Dec 31, 2012.

1. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

CORRECT !!! Nothing has been said about anything. Anybody who is pretending to know what it going on is full of it. There has never been any official information from the Jets as to who is and who is not officially a candidate for the GM position. Don't believe what you read on twitter. LOL

Nothing was said abut Chip Kelly going to the Eagles either....

2. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Gamble is not in it. If he were, he'd be having a second interview right now. Organizations leak certain things such as who is getting interviewed how many times. We know it's going to be between Idzik, Khan, and a few others. I am confident that Gamble will not be our GM.

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Did anyone know Chip Kelley was interviewing with the Eagles? I sure as hell never heard that.

That's bullshit. All the interviews are not always known by outside reporters.

4. ArmandJ

Didn't they already interview with Chip Kelley once before? He then decided to be a scumbag and say he was staying at Oregon, only to come back to the Eagles.

5. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

I'd be happy with either Kahn or Idzik. They both come from successful organizations. But do we go with an experienced guy like Idzik or an up and comer like Kahn?

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Right - the media can't tell their head from their ass on this deal but you, the guy posting on a Jets message board, knows the real deal. Excuse me if I laughed out loud.

7. ArmandJ

Well, it's hard to know who's right and who isn't. That being said, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we get a guy we've never heard of .

8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This GM search has really brought out the ignorance in people. Yes, us message board posters have our finger on the pulse of what the Jets are doing, but the media doesn't. I'm not even saying the media is covering this well, I'm just saying its stupid to think you could do it better from your computer chair.

9. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

holy santa clause shit!

10. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

I can't even remember the last time this organization had the media on their heels like this. As much as I want to know what the deal is, it's pretty refreshing to see these jackasses lose all credibility (whatever amount they had).

Getting back to the actual GM talk. I'm really hoping for Sundquist or Idzik. Even if Sundquist is a retread, I think he did a decent job with the Broncos his first time around, and he can retrospectively shy away from mistakes he made in the past. Looking at his blog, he seems to be really know both sides of the game (personnel and business side).

Idzik seems to be a bit of everything. Idzik intrigues me because he was a player, and knows that side of the coin. Add that experience with his past few gigs in TB, AZ, and Seattle, and you have another well rounded guy. That said, Matt Millen was also a player, and we know how he turned out. Millen didn't attend Dartmouth though.

Either way, I am really excited to see what the Jets do. I'm pretty sure Korn/Ferry are the ones controlling the media right now, but I'm hoping Woody and the crew learn a thing or two from this.

11. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

cohens out

12. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Who's everyone got? My money's on Khan.

13. ArmandJ

Meltdown averted.

14. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

I'm saying idzik, and I'm perfectly ok with it. Wanted gamble, but no Cohen is the best way to go.

15. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

I'd take Gamble, Idzik, Khan or Sundquist.

16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i am going idzik,with kahn a close 2nd

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

oh goodie, steiny "breaking" more "news"

18. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Steiny is a poor mans incarcerated_bob. I guess he missed the people that role the story before he and Dwyer.

19. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

No, that is just what you believe happened based on what you read in the media. Just b/c cimini or anybody else tweets something he claims to have heard from somebody who he claims has access to information - doesn't mean anything. Also even when the teams release ambiguous statements about their process as the eagles did - that doesn't mean that you should pretend that the team is not at that very moment in discussions or negotiations w/candidates. Even when we read that a candidate supposedly passed on an opportunity - that could well be simply part of a negotiation. In a business negotiation the parties frequently pretend not to be interested as part of the negotiation - its a poker game and there is lots of bluffing and misinformation and intentional leaking that goes on. Its simply part of the process of negotiating.

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner