Potential GM Candidates (Update: Idzik Officially Hired)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Dec 31, 2012.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

That's what I found interesting is that no other team scooped him up yet. Maybe a good call by the Jets if nobody else found him as a good candidate.

2. Petey

Petey Active Member

Might very well be a good job by the Jets to not hire him. I remember when the offseason started that everyone thought Gamble was going to be the #1 or #2 GM candidate and after the Jets interest waned I didn't hear him seriously considered for any other job.

3. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

Marc Ross withdrew his name from consideration according to Brian Costello on Twitter.

4. displacedfan

Yeah I thought he was gonna be gone quick and we were lucky to grab him for a second interview and he's still out there.

5. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Some people on thejetsblog think that this is one massive smokescreen and that we're going to hire Gamble pretty soon.

I think they're crazy.

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

lol - I actually thought about that today when I was wondering if the Jets were throwing out a bunch of fake info to see where the leaks are. What if they already hired Gamble and his first order of business was to plug the leaks and turn off the lights on the circus?

Highly unlikely, tin foil hattish, but you never know. Right. lol

7. displacedfan

I was thinking a similar thing but decided not to say anything because it sounded crazy. I mean the guy comes for a second interview and just disappears off the GM grid? Something happened. Can he not be announced until SF is eliminated?

8. ArmandJ

Caldwell was hired and the Falcons are still in the playoffs so that dispels THAT theory.

9. ArmandJ

It's interesting to note because lately, everyone is sending out contradicting information about who's staying and who is not.

If this is Woody's way of sniffing out the leak...pure genius.

10. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Its Getting Crunch Time

Thought Ross was high on the list. But we need a GM quick. The Jets have many coaching positions to fill. Then we have senior bowls and right around the corner is the combines followed by the draft. Whom ever is hired will have to hit the ground running. I think like a lot Gamble is the choice and he is just taking care of some business in the bay area. Look for a press conference on Monday after the two playoff games are over.

11. displacedfan

Good find on the Caldwell.

And I don't know if Woody is sniffing out the leak or if there is nobody good. But for once we don't know the inner workings of the Jets. No anonymous source reports recently, nothing going on around us except we are interviewing people. Would be funny if Woody is just doing this to fill a leak and we already hired someone. Like someone above said, I would be happy with most choices, and hesitant on Cohen just because in house with all these candidates doesn't scream change in thought process

12. Laszlo Kovacs

Laszlo Kovacs Active Member

If this is Woody's way of sniffing out the leak, then Jets have shitloads of leaks.

13. ArmandJ

It's extremely unlikely and more likely conjuncture to make the blogger who broke the news seem credible...but it is something to think about.

14. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

I think our lead scout is still Terry Bradway and he is at the E/W Shrine Bowl as we speak. Whoever the new GM is will probably lean on him to catch up...

15. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I wonder what his reasons were.

16. ArmandJ

He knew that Rex is the GM/owner/head coach of the Jets and that Woody is his sugar daddy.

/darksiders.

17. Realistic Jets Fan

the only coach of concern that needs to be filled is the OC in my opinion

The ST coordinator has been filled by Kotwica who Westy has molded for the last couple of seasons. Dennis Thurman will take over the DC position from the leaky faucet now appropriately moved right down the road from Niagara Falls.

secondary coach to replace Thurman is I guess a priority but the strength team coach and the rest of the Assistants to Assistants aren't all that much a crisis

18. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

could be worse....smokescreen, but they hire cohen, aka tannybum jr.:shit:

19. Barcs

Barcs Banned

That's smart. If you want to find a leak, you give a bunch of people different info and see which info hits the news. I'd do exactly that, although chances are, whatever leaks existed have already left or are leaving soon, so its whatever.

20. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

I thought you already decided the "leak" was Pettine?

You sure do love all this "leak" info, lol.