Who do you think the next Offensive Coordinator is?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jeti, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Win4ever

Win4ever New Member

Oh God, please no on Cam Cameron or Shurmur.

I want someone new and may be good, suck as the Stanford OC or go with Morningweh or Jackson, guys that have had atleast some success, and not guys who just had jobs in the past.

2. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Let Rex pick. He had such good results the first time around.

3. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

I wouldn't mind Jackson but its time for a new approach to our coaching staff we need to get up and comers like Pep Hamilton not guys who have been fired by previous teams like Cameron and Shurmur and Morningweh

Yes Jackson was fired but was a HC for the raiders so id still accept him but Pep is my front runner

4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Either that or the media is just fuckin clueless LOL

I'm going with the latter

7. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

If we don't interview Jackson, then I hope they hire MM.

8. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Big MM fan and don't get the hate for the guy. This is a RESULTS business. The guy has had a top 10 offense in the majority of seasons he called plays in Phily.

The Jets haven't had a top ten offense since 1998! That's absurd to even think about.

9. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2013/1/14/3877986/job-climber-hue-jackson-poised-to-strike-again

Former Raiders head coach Hue Jackson already is finding himself in line to move up the coaching ranks. Find out what teams are interested in his services right here.

There should be no surprise that teams are already interested in giving Hue Jackson control of their offenses. He had a very exciting season here in Oakland before it dissolved very quickly and he became a victim of inevitable changes in the franchise.

After his unceremonious dumping as the Raiders head coach Hue found a job waiting for him in his former stomping grounds of Cincinnati. With the current offensive coordinator of the Bengals Jay Gruden (brother of Jon) being a highly touted head coaching candidate it leaves Jackson in line to inherit Cincinnati's OC duties.

Jackson was never known as a man to stay still and his aggressive job climbing nature has already kicked back into full gear. Not wanting to count on Gruden leaving and inheriting the Bengals OC job Hue took the opportunity to interview for the Carolina Panthers currently vacant offensive coordinator job. He is also reportedly drawing interest from the NY Jets who fired their OC Tony Sparano this off-season while keeping Rex Ryan as head coach.

The idea of pairing Hue Jackson's offense with Cam Newton is very intriguing. Hue absolutely could create a fun and aggressive offense with Cam, although his lack of discipline might not be best for the Panthers already temperamental star. The idea of adding Hue's aggressive, cocky nature with that of fellow cohort Rex Ryan in New York is an awfully intriguing combo as well.

Jackson was a victim of circumstance in Oakland more than most coach firings after leading the Raiders to an 8-8 season in 2011. Al Davis died and thrusted the Raiders into turmoil which resulted in the hiring of Reggie McKenzie. With the new GM often comes a change at head coach and thusly Hue Jackson was removed from his position.

That's not to say Hue did not have performance issues as well in Oakland with his utter failings in the last few weeks of the season. He then followed the season's collapse with an end of year speech that seemed to have him claim powers that the new GM had no interest in allowing him.

Hue also greatly mishandled Rolando McClain with not disciplining him enough after his alleged altercation in Alabama. Immediately following his lack of discipline with McClain the team began to fall apart and missed the playoffs after they seemed so likely just weeks earlier. All of that along with an apparent lack of respect for new owner Mark Davis sealed Hue's fate.

Jackson won over many fans in Oakland and to this day can be a fairly controversial issue amongst Raider Nation. There is little doubt that he will one day takeover an NFL team as a head coach again and it appears his first step closer could happen soon. He certainly is an interesting option for any team looking for some aggressiveness in their offense.

I hope that any team that hires him as an OC knows that they are only renting his services as he will always be looking to move up the ranks. I am not saying that is a bad thing for Hue because of course he should want to lead his own team but it is something any team looking at him should consider.

If a team is looking for a long term answer at OC they might want to look in another spot. Hue Jackson certainly doesn't plan on being a pawn in somebody else's chess game for very long. Whether a team cares about that is yet to be seen but it certainly appears likely that Action Jackson's aggressive offense will be seen on a football field near you sooner rather than later.

10. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

Isn't it odd that they are looking at OC candidates before hiring a GM? Leads me to believe Cohen will be the GM after all since he will be in on the OC interviews.

11. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Cam Cameron ruined the Ravens offense

12. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Pep Hamilton would be a helluva hire. Fresh candidate, let's give him a chance.

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It's not odd at all considering Woody specifically said Rex picks the coaches and the GM picks the players.

That said, the media is all over the place and it's hard to tell if anything anyone says is legit at this point.

14. Red Menace

And what exactly is he going to do different to dethrone the Pats? That was Schottys problem against the better DC in the league, they out coached him.

We don't need a guy who has not seen top tier QB and try to reinvent the wheel and get schooled by seasoned NFL coaches.

MM on the other hand has put up an offense in the the NFL against the best coaches in the world, he is seasoned and has gone up against the best and proven he can adjust and outwit the best....jmo

#234 Red Menace, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  15. Red Menace

The more speculation I hear the more I get the feeling that the Jets are giving the media nothing concrete and they grasping at straws. I'm glad the Jets are playing this as close to the vest as possible, about time they went about their business in a quiet and efficient manner.

16. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

its clearly a thing to use as leverage to other candidates...his name was brought up early...if they wanted to hire him he'd be hired. ppl just read things and react without thinking about it.

17. dbrodzinski

dbrodzinski Member

18. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Why are people so down on Cameron? He's had a lot of success with the Ravens. Every time I ask for a reason, it's "he's a moron", or "his offense is outdated". How can his offense be outdated if it wins in today's NFL? 12 wins in back to back years 2010 & 2011. He's obviously doing something right, but clearly his system is outdated. :rofl: Can anybody please give me specific tangible reasons to not want this guy? I want to jump on the bandwagon, but his stats and career have been very successful, so I don't know where the negativity toward him comes from. The Ravens are in the superbowl mix every year and not just because of their defense. They run a very good offense with minimal turnovers. If our team could do that with turnovers, even if we suck we can still win games, but our offense kept shooting itself in the foot all season long.

#238 Barcs, Jan 15, 2013
  19. BleednGreen247

bringing up wins when discussing a coordinator :rofl:

20. Barcs

Barcs Banned

:lol: Wins are not the only stats that matter, I broke down all of them in the Cameron thread. Offensive production is the most important and he has had an above average scoring offense.

So your football related reason for not like Cameron is???

Anybody?

Come on, I'm not asking for the world. Just a single legitimate football reason for not liking this guy.

#240 Barcs, Jan 15, 2013