Potential GM Candidates (Update: Idzik Officially Hired)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Dec 31, 2012.

1. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Wrong. Belichick went on to be one of the greatest coaches ever. What has Sundquist done since he was fired by Denver?

#741 JetsNation06, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  2. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

i KNOW EVERYONE BOUGHT INTO THE BULLSHIT PRESS CONFRENCE , Like Rex was gonna be in the corner or something showing his tatoo off while streaming the foot fetish video during the interview , while wearing his " I Love Me" T Shirt first class all the way

3. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Don't misquote me. You laid the parameters for your argument, assuming that because someone was fired they couldn't succeed elsewhere in a different capacity. That is god awful logic.

Before Belichick was hired in NE, you would have used the same reasoning you just applied to Sundquist judging by your argument.

4. JetsNation06

Don't avoid the questions. What has Sundquist done since he was fired by Denver and why was he fired by Denver? Still waiting...

5. CurbYourEnthusiasm

What did Belichick do after Cleveland that deserved him being hired in NE? Stop avoiding your original faulty logic post. I called you out on it and you keep tiptoeing around the issue.

6. JetsNation06

Why are you answering my question with a question? My original post to you asked "Why do you think Sundquist is a very fine hire since he was fired by Denver?"

You went on to make the Belichick comparison. That didn't answer anything. It just showed you were evading the original question. It had nothing to do with faulty logic. Has everything to do with you not wanting to answer a very simple direct question.

Sooooo once again, answer my original question... "If Sundquist was such a fine hire then why was he fired in Denver?"

If you can't answer this simple question then it's ok. No need to try to flip it and get defensive. You talking about Belichick has nothing to do with answering the question about Sundquist.

7. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

@MarkyMark, thanks for posting up so much info on many candidates. After reading the breakdown, my preference is Idzik. However, there's multiple people on the list looking good.

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

9. CurbYourEnthusiasm

He had a winning record in his first 5 seasons and drafted some notable players during his tenure. I'm not saying he's the best candidate (I personally like Idzik), but out of everyone we've interviewed he has the experience.

10. CurbYourEnthusiasm

No problem. The list of GM candidates is getting muddled with conflicting reports and such. Thought that piece did a solid job summarizing it. I also like Conor Orr a lot of all the Jets beat writers. He doesn't seem to have an agenda against the team much like Costello or Cimini do.

11. JetsNation06

Fair enough, wasn't trying to be a smartass, my bad if it came off that way. I do agree that he definitely has experience at all levels of a franchise and worked his way through the entire Denver organization.

12. CurbYourEnthusiasm

Yea I took your quote as being a smartass. By bad for being a dick. Tough to tell sometimes on an internet board.

13. JetsNation06

Interesting read. Yeah it sounds like some kind of power play was going on out there. He does sound like a pretty impressive guy and I think I read somewhere that he handled player personnel and the cap and contracts which is a bonus.

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Better logic is everyone who is fired turns into Bill Belichik?

15. CurbYourEnthusiasm

One can only hope with our GM search...

16. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Us and Cleveland.

17. LongIslandBlitz

How funny would it be the potential GM walks in , Shakes Woodys hand he sees something in the corner of his eye , It's a Rex Ryan cardboard cut out in the corner of the office

18. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

I'm still putting high on my wish list, but Popp looks like another great candidate.

I will say that hiring the consulting firm to assist with the GM search looks to be paying off. Not only are they casting a wide net and pulling in some good candidates, but they immediately add legitimacy to the search process and start to get away from their reactionary/'LOOK AT ME' decision making that has plagued them the past few years.

Have to hand it to Woody on this one.

Of course if they go through all this and just give the job to Cohen, I reserve the right to come back and call Woody a big douche.

19. LongIslandBlitz

Does anyone know if Gamble got hired by any other teams yet???? There was so much hype around him coming here for awile

20. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

He hasn't been hired by anyone else. Word is he had a bad interview with the Jets and they lost interest.