Piers Morgan's interview with a crazy scary gun supporter.

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by akibud, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Yes Obama is a dictator because God forbid he looks out for the safety of school children and people going to a mall or to a fucking movie theater. It's people like this who lend creedence to the stereotype of dumb inbred hick. This dumb fuck has no idea what a dictator is. Read up on Mao, or Stalin.

While I don't agree with any order that would bypass Congress which to be fair would really piss me off as he should not be able to do that but I'm not going to murder somebody over it.

To be honest does anybody not think we'll see another mass shooting in the next month or so with the scare tactics the right is using? It's gonna happen, the question is how many innocent people will lose their lives because of the hysteria groups like the NRA are creating? Which small town will suffer this tragedy? It's a forgone conclusion it'll be a white male 18-40 that will pull the trigger and almost forgone that the chicken shit will kill himself afterwords.

2. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Alex Jones baffles me. I think he plays the character for sales and that's it. He does often present legitimate info (i've fact checked a lot of his info), but he takes that info and draws ridiculous absurd conclusions from it. I think he does it intentionally to get sales from crazies, and to portray people thinking out the box as insane. He sounds underground, but he's really not. He's funded by major news companies I'm pretty sure. It's been a while since I've seen anything with him, but he's been doing it for years, and it all started with his 9/11 prediction. He predicted that an attack would happen soon and that it would be blamed on Bin Laden. This was August 2001. The prediction DID come true, BUT, it's pretty much been determined that he stole the prediction from William Cooper. I think it was a set up from the beginning. He essentially replaced Cooper, who was gunned down by police in very shady circumstances a couple months following 9/11, with the claim to fame of his major prediction (that he stole). Alex Jones became the new William Cooper after that. I think he's a mole or he's working for somebody that's got an agenda. Who knows.

One thing about Jones is that he is pretty funny sometimes. I remember the skit he did with the torture of an ipad. That was hilarious. He's a good entertainer, but not exactly someone I'd look at for legitimate conclusions.

#62 Barcs, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  3. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I'll be the heartless one and say - straight out - I like guns, hand guns in particular, and I have no problem with "assault weapons" that are purchased by properly licensed gun owners with no mental health issues. Understand, of course, that "assault weapons" has less to do with the weapon itself and more to do with the number of cartridges it can hold. And if there's a mass killing with an "assault weapon" tomorrow, it will be because the person who had the weapon should not have had it. Not because NO ONE should have it.

I welcome the disgust, but I want the right to purchase and own any weapon that my civilian police force can purchase and own. With only modest restrictions. On me.

4. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

I think you should have that right.

But at least some of the onus should be on the sellers of firearms. Seems like the easiest way to minimize the bad things that happen with guns is to make the people who disseminate the guns more responsible for what happens when they sell a gun to someone who should not have a gun.

5. Sundayjack

Exactly how it should be. Like a bar owner who serves tequila shots to a stumbling drunk. Then, gun dealers would weigh the risk of selling and some insurer would (or wouldn't) insure over it all. But since the government has taken exclusive control of deciding fitness of gun buyers, gun dealers don't give it much thought at all.

6. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

Of course, the NRA lobby has quiiiiiiite a bit do with the reasons why the government has "taken exclusive control" in the areas it has.

7. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

He made a good point about the prozac, he had a few valid arguments however he needs to work on his people skills.

8. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Actually this may surprise you but I like guns as well. I don't have any issue with the guy like you who has gone though the proper channel to purchase them. I've gone shooting and once my weather warms up will again but where I have an issue is these high capacity high kill rate military style weapons. There is no reason for any average American to own something the military is using to cap Al Qaeda members. It's also far too easy for anybody to purchase a gun and a guy like Jones owning I think he he said over 50 weapons scares the living crap out of me as there are people much crazier then him who own things probably much worse then he does.

9. Sundayjack

The NRA might be politically tone deaf and gets rightly and fairly ridiculed for the rhetoric that pours out of some of its individual members, but as an organization what gets ignored is that it DOES promote gun safety and training. And what also gets ignored is that there IS a healthy constituency that would like to see a broad restriction on guns of all types - handguns included. For now, gun regulation is being adopted in a death-by-a-thousand-cuts strategy. Taxing ammunition. Environmental regulations on lead in bullets and shot. Just because the NRA is paranoid doesn't mean the world isn't out to get them. We focus today on "assault weapons." Fine. But, someone first had to name this class of weapons "assault weapons" because "semi-automatic rifle" and "high capacity magazine" don't sound quite as scary. The day that someone shoots up a school with a 10-round, semiautomatic handgun is the day that the definition and focus expands.

Gun laws, like immigration reform, should be easy to do. Neither side wants crazies and loons to use guns to shoot up schools and malls and movie theaters. It's the hypocrisy on both sides that makes it difficult.

10. Sundayjack

I really do think this is easy, and I don't think an out-right ban even grazes at the issue. For me to get my concealed carry license, I had to attend an all-day firearms class and get a certificate of attendance. I had to go through a bothersome interview with my local police chief. I had to write a letter explaining why I "needed" a concealed carry license. I had to provide two letters from character references. I had to give a copy of my birth certificate, two proofs of address and I had my photo and fingerprints taken by a police lieutenant. Then, the entire package was sent to a state police processing office where one guy re-reviews it all. I don't consider that unreasonable for licensing. Then, my firearms get registered locally and into a state database. If I sell them, those transfers get registered. If I want to own a fully-automatic or even a semi-automatic rifle, I believe that's a separate application to my police chief, most of which get denied. I can't buy a magazine that holds more than ten cartridges.

The only thing that bothers me is the restriction on magazines. It's a pain in the neck and I don't think it accomplishes much. Aside from that, I don't have a problem with these restrictions.

11. akibud

akibud Active Member

If it's not too personal, (well, even it is) can you share with us, your reason for "need"? Maybe I "need" one and don't know it yet

12. Sundayjack

I think most people just say "for personal and family safety." I wrote that in my business I'm sometimes involved in contentious relationships transactions, or some such thing. Also, sometimes people just need shooting.

I recall the instructor of my firearms class saying to just avoid using words like "recreation" or "competition" and to not be too specific with your reason. I suppose you also don't want to say something like, "My neighbor keeps dumping his grass clippings behind my fence."

13. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Did you guys see the Alex Jones follow up video?
    He said that there were people following him and he was trying to escape and he left the video to make sure nothing happens to him

Something about the Bloomberg police guys ...really fukin weird :lol:

14. akibud

akibud Active Member

Got you, so, basically, it is almost like when the police pulls you over and asks you "where are you coming from, and "where are you going" There is no right answer, but there is definitely a WRONG answer.

15. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

16. Barcs

Barcs Banned

He actually brings up a good point. Being filmed or portrayed with children or acting like you care doesn't prove that you are a good person. Propaganda is propaganda, but I don't think that applies to Obama. I don't see him as a tyrant at all. I could see the Bush comparisons because of the wars he started, but Obama's been trying to end them for the most part.

17. akibud

akibud Active Member

The other thing is, none of the tyrants posing with children in that piece was doing so because the children were the victims and the ones targeted for safety.

18. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

I agree with Alex that these anti-depresent pills are a big problem. I do believe the link between all these shooting has something to do witth the meds they take.

19. akibud

akibud Active Member

I've got tears in my eyes from the laughter... SMH

[​IMG]

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/gun-control/gun-nut-756092

Fearful Of Possible New Gun Control Laws, Man Tried To Break Into Pawn Shop To Steal Himself A Gun

20. PearsonJones

PearsonJones New Member

Another sad shooting in Texas :mad::sad: