The longer this search take, the more it magnifies the real problem!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by klecko73, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

lol, I know right. When I was trying to predict the Jets record, I said to myself, "the Jets are bad but that schedule is so easy, it be hard not to go .500".

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

And dig the hole even deeper? It seems pretty clear that Tanny had no endgame planned, doesn't it?

3. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Oh yeah. Totally. That way every man, woman, child and beat writer in the country could take him out back tar and feather him. He's catching enough shit. Imagine he kept Tanny? Do you not remember what was going on not a few weeks ago? There would have been a public mutiny which could not be repaired, had he not fired Tanny.

4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

If Tanny was allowed to either keep Mangini or make Shotty HC instead of bringing in Rex he would still be the GM.

5. TurkJetFan

Wait...Now we think Mangini should have been retained and Schotty should have been promoted???? Please do explain that to me.

Rex (despite ludacris popular opinion), did not draw up contracts, make insane trades and bury this team cap wise. Tannenbaum as the GM did not do his job. Well, he did. But he did it without looking at the big picture. He went all in. He lost. End of story.

6. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

the fans who somehow think we are supposed to make a GM hiring decisions immediately or else its a "nightmare" are just as idiotic as those who think the team should fire the coaches and/or the GM every 3/4 yrs.

These are people who are totally clueless and so its no surprise that they think taking time to make the right decision is somehow a nightmare.

7. TurkJetFan

+1000000000 x 10

People seem to forget this isn't a video game. Things don't happen that fast. There are people involved and things to consider. This is a business decision and a critical one. I applaud the Jets for the approach they have taken so far.

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I don't see an endgame, no. The numbers are what they are..20 million over on the cap and 20 free agents they can't bring back. Revis gets paid or walks on top of it. The problem is they fired him and now apparently can't replace him. We hear they have three candidates..then they decide to expand the list, ok their first three were bad candidates or didn't want the job, take your pick, now we here they are doubling back..what made them better this time around? Watch the pick be Cohen and the fun really starts.

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

And do you work for the Jets..what makes you so sure they are "taking their time to make the right decision"? Because you want to believe that? Because you pray to God that is what they are doing? Why exactly do you think that is what is happening? You can't even consider the possibility that anybody any good doesn't want this fucking job, can you?

10. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

I don't remember you being this angry and spiteful during the season. I guess Mark Sanchez finally sent you over the cliff, huh?

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i think tanny was a little surprised by his firing, or atleast wasn't thinking he had to win or else going into the season. however he would have known going into 2013 it was do or die. he would have mortgaged alot more of the future to try and make a run in 2013 and the damage to the salry cap would have been that much worse.

12. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Bahaha at calling somebody angry and spiteful because they don't think the Jets should rush into getting a GM. You guys just look to paint everything with dark storm clouds over it, just because it's the Jets. If they pick one of the first guys they interview, people will whine about them rushing into it (SAME OLD JETS), and if they take their time to look at lots of candidates they aren't going fast enough and nobody wants to come. C'mon man!

13. Yeah there are a select few on this board & throughout Jet nation that will find any downside they possibly can to paint the picture negative & the team incompetent.

Woody could have Vince Lombardi reincarnated & they would say that Woody should have thought of it sooner & that the power sweep won't get the Jets past New England in January

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

While you do not name specific people, at least not to my notice, you seem quite fond lately of calling people who disagree with you idiots.

And at the same time that's all you do, not making any counter arguments.

While you have a certain style in doing so, I doubt anyone finds you persuasive.

15. Big Blocker

It's just been a long time since the homers had much happening to confirm their point of view. It makes them testy. Cognitive dissonance can do that to some people.

16. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Your right the guy sitting at the podium jerking off the owner had no imput on players.

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Not.

Mangini was going to get fired after 2009 if he survived 2008. Vernon Gholston.

18. Big Blocker

Barcs,

He called AS angry and spiteful because he called people who disagree with him idiots without saying anything other than that everything is really great.

Did you say last off season that the Sparano hire should be questioned because they made that move too quickly? You would have been right to do so. But changing between "I am glad they moved in and got the guy they wante before someone else did!" and "They didn't hire the guys they had at the top of their list because they want to take their time!" sounds silly.

19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Mangini would have survived Gholston. If he didn't fire Mangini we never make the trade for Sanchez.

20. Big Blocker

Yes. Beware of binary thinking, as usual.

Just because Tanny had much to do with the roster moves does not mean Ryan had nothing to do with them. It was not an either or choice. Both were involved.