Poll: what kind of stats does Sanchize have to put up to remain a Jet after next seas

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tbruner12, Jan 7, 2013.

1. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

You said the jets shouldn't give up on talent too soon.

as for Alex Smith, it wasn't like he was healthy for 4 years straight, he had two season ending injuries. So by his 4th season we still didn't know how good he really could be, two totally different scenerios.

2. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

nyjunc does not understand that Sanchez had 50 turnovers in two years. That's 50 more opportunities for the opposing team's offense to score points...yet he still makes excuses.

These playoffs should show that Rex is a good coach, because Sanchez is god-awful. ANY of those rookie QB's put Sanchez right now to shame. I'm an NC State student. Watching Wilson deliver his team to victory with 30 seconds left was absolutely amazing. Watching Kapernick DESTROY Green Bay was amazing. Yet, you like watching Sanchez turn the ball over in new and unpredictable ways.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

he needs to cut down on TOs obviously.

Sanchez has FOUR playoff wins on the ROAFD, you are going to fawn over kaepernick in 1 playoff game at home? if he was a Jet in a year or 2 you;d want him gone.

Brees had over 40 in a 2 year span

Eli had the same #(52) in 2009 & 2010 when NYg missed the playoffs, the next year he won a SB

Peyton has had multiple 2 year 47 TO spans

He needs to cu back on TOs, he needs to be reprogrammed but it's foolish for many reasons to give up on him- the most important reason may be financially.

4. nyjunc

sorry, he's not a rookie and he's a bit of a gimmick right now as D's adjust to his style of play which they will eventually.

Wilson's D cooperated in that comeback, in a bigger spot against a better team mark nearly led us back from 24-0 down.

5. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

Weapons aside, watching a guy like Wilson play in the pocket, and the awareness he has....Sanchez isnt close to that.

The young QB's in this league just got a huge influx of talent this season. In thei league you have to score points throwing the football and Sanchez has never really demonstrated he can do that. He just isnt that talented.

6. feldspar

feldspar Member

LOL, I asked you what Mark Sanchez's ABILITIES are, and all you can say that he has the ability to be a big-time winner in this league...I'm talking about personal traits, not end results.

I'll ask you again: what are Mark Sanchez's ABILITIES as a quarterback in the NFL? For example, does he have pocket presence? Does he throw the football accurately? Does he have leadership ability, both on the field and in the locker-room? Does he make good decisions? How is his arm strength? How is his footwork? Does he protect the football well?

You know, stuff like that...actual characteristics of his that can translate into good quarterback play.

Please be specific, and remember that we are talking about MARK SANCHEZ here, not Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, or anybody else. We also WON'T turn this into a discussion about the talent he has around him...no need for that. His ABILITIES themselves should remain relatively constant, if not improve with experience, right? If not, then inconsistency or lack of mental toughness may be one of his personal characteristics. We are talking strictly about his ABILITIES as an NFL quarterback.

If you think Sanchez is a good QB, then you should be able to explain WHY. Again, what characteristics does he possess that makes him a good QB...and I'm not talking about any one specific play or one specific game...we've seen Mark Sanchez start 68 games in this league...you should be able to do better than "he makes plays to help his team win" or just lean on the fact that the Jets made two Championship games years ago...we aren't talking about that or his resume.

I think I made my question clear...

#146 feldspar, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  7. nyjunc

sorry I fell asleep at the end of the first sentence.

mark doesn't do anything well right now but when he was right he could make all the throws, could move in the pocket, extend plays, throw an accurate deep ball, come up big in big moments. He had this and he had better footwork, he showed more leadership until he got beat down the last year+. He has that abilityt, the best case scenario for this franchise long term is to try to bring that back out of him rather than take a $17 mil cap hit and try again w/ a new rookie.

Bring in a vet to compete, upgrade the weapons and see what happens. if he can't beat out a Carson Palmer type he spends a year on our bench and we get rid of him after next season.

You guys have this false notion that I am saying he has been good the last year +. he's been brutal but he was very good for us not long ago and we know we can win big with him surrounded w/ the right talent.

8. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

And Junc goes rambling round the mountain as he comes, as he comes.

so lets see, he had less till he had more? right?

And no, there was no misleading on fumbles, in fact I even qualified it in the initial post that it wasn't lost fumbles but total fumbles. Nothing misleading there, unless of course your unable to read, or didn't read.

Dropped interceptions are made up stats? Guess what then, so are dropped passes, which are something you often refer to. If dropped passes count so do dopped interceptions...both are essentially "made up stats".

Sorry again, the jets did have a great defense in 2010. The Jets defense gave up the 6th fewest total points in the league. In 8 of the 16 games the jets gave up 17 or fewer points, 14 or fewer in 7 of those, including 3 losses where the defense gave up 10 or fewer points. It's worth noting that 21 points the jets gave up were pick 6's from Sanchez. Meanwhile Sanchez led Jets ranked 13th in points scored, 9th in rushing TD's and 23rd in passing TD's. So Yes Junc, any way that you look at it in 2010 the Jets had a top line defense. No matter how you cut it, and a top 10 running game, no matter how you cut it....but a bottom 1/4 passing attack, again no matter how you cut it.

Can you whittle out an exceptional game here and there, yes, but for every game you can point out I can point out 3 times as many, at least, that it was the defense and running game that carried the team, Not Mark Sanchez.

But as always you have to fall back to the one game Mark played reasonably well in as your point of defense. I have to ask why it's always that game you fall back on....oh yeah, it's about the only game you can fall back on. And even that game was at best an average performance for any other QB.

As far as having been torn apart? You have yet to do anything but defelect, distort, and exagerate to try to make your point. I notice absolutely no defense on how Sanchez ranks at the bottom of every other QB in EVERY category of his contemporaries, and that's without using any so called "fantasy stats". Then of course, stats don't matter to you do they Junc, only perception...speaking of perception, what color is the sky in your world? Sanchez blue?

9. nyjunc

I only refer to dropped passes when you guys bring up dropped INTs.

The Jets didn't have a great defense in 2010, the Jets have never had a great defense. It was good/very good at times in 2010- far from great. Please gove me those rankings and stats w/o context!

The one game? he led us to late wins at Cle, vs. Hou, at Det, at den, at Indy and this was just 2010. he also saved the D from a choke at Miami afyter they blew a 14 pt lead but I guess that was one game b/c the stat sheet tells you so.

I feel bad for you, you think you know what you are talking about b/c you are much older than me yet despite all the extra games you have seen you clearly have no idea what you are watching as you always fall back to stats w/o context.

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

no he wasnt very good for us ever. the stats prove that. go argue with a wall if you insist on being belligerent.

11. nyjunc

I apologize that you have no idea what you are watching and rely on out of context stats to make all of your evaluations.

12. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

yes yes those pesky stats. guess what, everyones eyes told them the same story. yours are the broken ones.

13. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Stats? Here are stats:

Against the Browns Sanchez led a 56 yard drive in 13 plays chewing up 7:45 ending in a FG to go up 7 with 2:42 left. Sanchez was 5/6 for 53 yards including an 8 yard completion to Cotchery on 3rd and 7 to extend the drive. The defense then allowed 10 play 59 yard drive ending in a TD in 1:58 to tie the game. In OT, Sanchez drives them into FG position where Folk misses a 47 yard FG. Sanchez was 4/4 for 26 yards including the legendary 10 yard completion to Cotchery on 3rd and 9. In OT Sanchez was 9-13 for 117 yards 1 TD 1 INT.

Against the Lions down 20-10 Sanchez led a 6 play 56 yd driving ending in a Sanchez 1 yd TD Run. Sanchez was 4/4 for 55 yards on the drive. He gets the ball back with 1:40 left and no timeouts Sanchez leads a drive starting at the Jets 22 -60 yards- in 9 plays and ends in the game tying FG. Sanchez was 5/7 for 37 yds including an 11 yard completion to Dustin Keller on 3rd and 9. And then in OT he hits Santonio Holmes perfectly in stride on a slant pass that allows Holmes go 52 yards to the Lions 16 yard line to set up the GW FG.

There's some stats for you.

14. Realistic Jets Fan

who was this Sanchez guy? Did he ever play for the Jets back in the dark days of 2011 and 2012?

15. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Shall we provide game losing stats which will outnumber these 2 year old drives 15 - 1?

16. Murrell2878

Against the Texans Sanchez led the Jets to a 23-7 lead before the defense allowed 20 unanswered points. Sanchez then leads a 5 play 72 yard drive in :45 seconds ending in a TD pass to Santonio Holmes. The big play was a cover-2 man under splitting laser to Braylon Edwards down the sideline. On the drive Sanchez was 4/5 for 72 yards and the GW TD.

17. Murrell2878

We're talking about 2010. Thank You for your offer though.

18. nyjunc

please provide us w/ the game losing drives.

19. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Any person silly enough to still be defending one of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL clearly isn't thinking logically enough to be so fair-minded.

20. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

QB Ratings are stat-based. Not always perfect but they give a pretty good indication. How's Sanchez' QB Rating doing lately?