Poll: what kind of stats does Sanchize have to put up to remain a Jet after next seas

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tbruner12, Jan 7, 2013.

1. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

The throws he was making for two years as he was a developing 1st and 2nd year QB, and then suddenly became unable to make as a 3rd and 4th year QB, were an aberration?

Also, Mark's playoff appearances don't count? A two year fluke?

Here is what I do know. Not all athletes, or for that matter human beings, arrive at success the same way. Some have talent that is refined and can be used out of box upon purchase. Some have raw talent and need to be taught and through experience gain perspective and strength.

You don't like our QB because he hasn't progressed and was a nightmare in 2012. What did the NYJ's do to prove to you that they did everything to build their QB the right way?

#121 RobertTheJr, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  2. WillyBeaman

WillyBeaman New Member

Sanchez throws a nice spiral and looks good throwing the football, which fools people. His arm strength is adequate but nothing special, he is woefully inaccurate and can't think or read defenses. He also has horrible pocket awareness. Nfl Qbing is as much mental as physical; Sanchez has some tools but is deficient in some of the critical areas.

3. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Great ... he's had a handful of games in four years where he didn't completely stink out the stadium. Let's erect a statue. But I'm pretty sure you can say that about any player ... we probably don't have enough cement.

Since you apparently want to ingore every accepted way that QB play can be measured over the last 4 years, I'll only say this ... just use your eyes. You're telling me you can't see the difference between the way Sanchez plays the position, versus guys like Kaepernick, Wilson, RG III, Flacco, Shaub and Luck? We can't even have a serious discussion if you start to add top level guys like Brady, Rodgers and Manning. All those guys play the position the way a competent NFL QB is supposed to play. That's the way it's supposed to look. It's not supposed to look nearly impossible to complete a pass. Who needs stats? If you just watch the games it should be obvious to anyone that our QB has NEVER looked like any of those guys. He looks overmatched out there, and he ALWAYS has, from Day 1. You know when he doesn't look overmatched? ... when we try to eliminate him from the gameplan as much as possible. Great ... just what you want from the #5 pick in the draft.

Sanchez is completely incompetent. For four years, we've been trying to win IN SPITE OF HIS PLAY. Are you telling me you really can't see that? Really??

Then I suppose for some unknown reason you'll keep kissing his ass until he's out of the league in 3 or 4 years ... or simply relegated to a career backup. I can't imagine why. For me, I'd much prefer to accept what my eyes are telling me and try to get a guy in here who can actually give us viable play at the position.

Matt Lienhart, Bady Quinn, David Carr, Jason Campbell, Matt Moore, Tavaris Jackson ... those are his peers. If you still think he's a starter in this league, you'll see the light eventually. Just keep watching and see if I (and about 90% of the resaonable world) don't turn out to be right.

4. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

i want sanchez gone. quite simply he doesn't have the ability to put up good stats to remain a jet.

5. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Mark Sanchez is Mark Sanchez's upside. Sanchez doesn't have Flacco's pocket awareness nor his arm strength.z

Sanchez has crap numbers playing dunk and dink,
    Flacco has throws a lot of deep balls which hurts his numbers.

couple things you notice as a difference on Flacco's and Sancez's deep balls.
    Sanchez's float, and Flacco's have a better trajectory. Even when Flacco misses on them he misses where you should miss them, slightly overthrown so that if the receiver can get under them they don't have to break stride.

Sanchez usually even when he hits his receiver the receiver usually has to break stride at best, and often stop or come back to make the catch on an underthrown ball.

6. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, as has been highlighted repeatedly in this thread, the good throws even in his first two years were few and far between. He had probably the best game of his career in the 2010 playoffs, and it wasn't that impressive of a game.

7. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

8. Combustible Rextible

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Mark had less until week 17, so now they are basically even while Amark has led his team to 4 playoff wins and 2 playoff apps in these 4 years and Eli to 1 playoff app and 4 playoff wins.

There's nothing twisted about it, this is not like some person just posting rankings and stats, mark passed him in week 17. I didn't realize that.

This is not like telling us we had a great run game and great D in 2010 or intentionally misleading by posting total fumbles and not fumbles lost in 2010.

Dropped INts is a made up stat, Eli had TWO dropped in the title game last year where he threw balls up for grabs and both times SF DBs collided and no one talks about that but a fat lineman who drops a Sanchez pass or a diving DB is somehow a dropped INT.

AGAIN, does anyone count all the fropped TDs and dropped passes? what about the 2 bogus INTs vs. GB in 2010?

He did, mainly b/c his D and STs stepped up intitle games while mark's D shrunk.

1968 has been torn apart here, the ONLY thing he had on me was the Eli-Mark INts where Mark just passed him in week 17.

We didn't lose either title game b/c of Mark. He was a reason we made both title games, we see suppsoed great QBs choking every postseason, mark hasn't done that. he was horrible this year but he ahd the worst healthy talent in the league to deal with.

Yep, he has the ability to be big time winner in this league but he needs to be surrounded with talent. Do people not realize his healthy talent to throw to was mostly Kerley, Schilens, Gates, Cumberland, Reuland? and you expected him to succeed?

he won a bunch of games late in 2011 and a couple of in 2012 but we giot blown out a lot this year and last year when getting back into games(Oak, both NE, etc...) our D would allow opponents to stretch the lead.

He consistently played well in 2010 and was pretty consistent in 2009.

The D in the Pitt title game allowed a NINE minute TD drive to start the game. They allowed Pitt to dictate that game and got us behind early. Mark and the O got us w/in a score w/ plenty of time to play. The D needed to keep Pitt from getting 2 1st downs, they could allow one but they wound up allowing 2 and allowing Pitt to run out the clock but somehow that is Mark's fault.

when you guys are watching these games and watching certain QBs play much worse than mark has in postseason do you realize the talent difference? I would hope w/ so many knowledgable fans on here that you'd be able to see what Mark has to work with.

10. nyjunc

go check his deep balls to Edwards in postseason 2009 and 2010, go check the deep ball to holmes in the 2010 title game. Mark right now stinks, he cannot be compared to Flacco or evenb mark of 2 years ago. That deosn't mean he will never have success in this league again.

11. Realistic Jets Fan

time to face up to the facts, Jet fans

Mark Sanchez is water under the bridge. Whether he is here or gone in 2013 he should be spilt milk not to be cried about

Sign Matt Moore and make him the starter in 2013 and maybe beyond

Greg McElroy backs him up

draft a mid round developmental kid and let him learn as the 3

If we keep the Turnover Machine around for financial reason (16 million of them) his role should be #53 man on the 53 man roster, inactive for 16 games and then GONE

interceptions and fumbles on the scout team usually go unrecorded

12. nyjunc

as great as the 3 rookies were this year they won a total of ONE playoff game(and that was b/c 2 of them were matched up head to head). Mark as a rookie won 2, never give up on talent too soon.

13. Realistic Jets Fan

four years -- the last two with arguably Jamarcus Russell like performances are not to soon to give up on this lack of talent

14. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

define "talent"?

15. NFL

NFL Active Member

I'm willing to give Mark a shot to compete for the job in the offseason. Bring in anyone we possibly can to g against him and let the compete for the starting job. With a real QB coach and some time to go over this terrible season, maybe he can turn it around.

16. nyjunc

what mark had healthy to throw to this season would not be considered talent. His top weapon is a good player(Kerley) but he's not a #1 WR, he's a 3rd or 4th option on any of these playoff teams.

17. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

The dude's had four years; we've seen enough of him to realize that he's a bust, plain and simple. We need to move on.

18. nyjunc

but Jet fans want Alex Smith who, if he had the same career here, would have been run out of town already. Are you guys beginning to see the point? no matter who the HC, QB or OC is we'll want him gone w/in 2-3 years.

19. Realistic Jets Fan

four rookies actually if you count the Niners guy who sat on the bench for a season

Kopernick demolished the Packers

Wilson brought his team back from nowhere to take the lead with less than a minute left only to watch Pete Carroll play the prevent defense to prevent the Seahawks from winning

Griffin tore his knee to shreds while playing a great game on one leg

not a butt fumble nor a pick a minute amongst them like our beloved Turnover Machine

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

A lot of Sanchez's started when they foolishly gave him the ability to change the play at the line. For two years it seemed I heard him yelling "kill,kill,kill" about 80% of the time. So now with all his other issues in accuracy, pocket presence, etc..when he did complete a pass it was for 3 yards when he needed 8. We really have to cut the cord even if it means taking a bath on his contract.