Potential GM Candidates (Update: Idzik Officially Hired)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Dec 31, 2012.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

If Mr T was so good why has he not gotten a sniff at positions elsewhere ? Unless of course he is not interested,,,have not heard a peep from or about him

2. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Rex was with Glazer the night he flipped the bird to a Dolphins fan

3. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I am just curious as to what makes peopel say that Rex was effectively already acting as the de facto GM and had total control over personnel decisions? They even made a joke on Hard Knocks about how each draft Rex is given 1 pick (which to be fair he wasted on the terminator) - I hadnt seen anything to suggest he was majorly involved in the draft process or that he was considered a personnel/draft guru.

#603 JetsUK, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He wasn't involved despite what people may think. Johnson said from the day Ryan was hired that Ryan was the coach and Tannenbaum made ALL the personnel decisions. Much the same as he is saying now. I also think that is why Johnson is giving Ryan a one time pass here. Johnson knows the absolute garbage Ryan has been made to work with.

#604 Don, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  5. Realistic Jets Fan

hopefully the days of the HC getting his one free pick and the STC getting his one free pick are over and done with for the Jets. Draft picks are precious commodities not to be handed out like penny candy to the whims of impulsive coaches

I'm hoping that the new GM establishes that HE or SHE will be the only and final decider on ALL draft picks the Jets make regardless of the round

6. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Don't let facts get in the way of Rex bashing. If this fan base does not get a total clean house every four years they go nuts.

Usually starts with what a brilliant coach then the coordinators suck to blow it all up he wqs the worst coach ever.

Come on man stop the insanity. The fan base trashes Woody but the fact of this matter is Jets fans expectation and media keep this franchise down. The fans and media force Woody and the Jets to start over every four years. The jets will be a joke until this idiocy stops.

Everybody knows we have a bad cap situation why Maybe because the fan and media pressure needed them to win now. Now that they fell short fire everybody.

The only circus here is this dumbest fan base in football.

7. Realistic Jets Fan

I'd only say one of the dumbest cval

maybe the most negative but after reading our resident "cowboys fan"s posts on the soon to be locked and dumped Tebowmania threads, I'd have to give the dumbest trophy permanently to Dallas

8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i figured out why i am tired of you already. you are one of those fantastic posters who left a year or two ago. i knew htat brand of stink smelled familiar.

9. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

I actually think most fan bases are like this. Just for fun I went on a Packers forum after they lost to SF and fans were calling for the entire coaching staff to be fired.

10. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Point taken, but very few teams have this combination of losing the locker room, constant media leaks and players and coaches, both on and off the team taking as many shots at fellow players or management as the Jets have the last couple years.

It's one thing to want to stay a course for the sake of continuity, but the last two years have not been your typical 8-8, 6-10 seasons.

11. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

well i just faxed over my CV to the jets with a nice juicy cover letter. lets see what hands it ends up in and if a response follows.

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Want some cheese with that whine?

you are on a message board - expect some disgruntled fans.

Every fan base is like this one. On message boards in N.E. they'll sometimes bash Belichick for certain calls/situations, in Pittsburgh you'll see people bashing Tomlin/Roethlisberger, Baltimore bashes Flacco, etc. etc.

Fans are a crazy animal, but they don't have any real impact on the inner workings of a franchise. The Jets are in a horrible cap situation right now because Rex/Woody/Tannenbaum thought this team had the ability to win it all in 2010, and went with the "lets go ALL in, and worry about the cap later" plan. Well they didn't win it and now were seeing the effects - that's football. They didn't do this because of fan pressure. Get real.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's been a strange two years. 0-3 at the end of two seasons in a row. On the other hand I have no clue how the Jets got out to 8-5 with the talent last year and 6-7 seemed kind of far fetched also given the injuries and the QB.

14. gsulli5861

gsulli5861 New Member

This can't possibly be true. No one wants the job.
    @JPPelzman
    RT @MikeMcCartney7: I've spoken with too many personnel guys who would relish the #Jets GM job. I'm not buying recent reports nobody wan

15. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

^ Yeah soo many personnel guys want it that the Jets are having a hard time naming a GM. Suure, that makes a lot of sense. Everyone needs to face it, the Jets are getting the leftovers for their next GM.

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I will accept the job. Then I will log on to TGG for advice every day. Good idea guys?

17. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

That article about Woody and Rex wanting Caldwell to be the GM soo badly. They even offered the guy a $1 million housing allowance on top of a huge lucrative contract!! Wow talk about desperation and the worst part....Caldwell turned it down for the 2-14 Jags. Tough times to be a Jets fan.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The early candidates for the job were mostly personnel guys. Then sometime last week the search shifted a bit and we got several cap guys getting interviews.

I think it is possible that Woody and Hughes have shifted focus in response to the concerns from the early candidates about the cap.

I'm guessing that a couple of really choice candidates who would have been good with the cap and with personnel declined interviews or the job because they are in a good place in their current organization. That's a shame because there is some great talent out there and the Jets are not hopeless by any means, just in a bit of a hole at the moment.

19. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

So why would an agent lie about this? He disputing a report by Jay Glazer who is siting unnamed speculation. If no one wants the job why have several candidates taken a second interview?

For now it seems as if woody is taking the correct approach. A good deal of interviews and a narrowed list of second interviews. This isn't Applebee's, you don't just hire the first guy that walks in the door.

20. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Eva Longoria is the obvious choice. Shes clearly good at making the right decisions and at evaluating talent.