Potential GM Candidates (Update: Idzik Officially Hired)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Realistic Jets Fan

and if it takes 13 years or 33 years, the Jets will still be a better franchise than the Orchard Park/Rochester/Toronto Vagabonds

2. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Who do you blame for last season?

Rex got everyone he wanted. It's rather fascinating how his fans refuse to put any blame on him. Even Rex blamed himself for being lost on offense the past 4 seasons.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I think Rex is part of it. Woody is too. So is the media, and Tebow.

I would imagine a good GM could effectively shut down, or at least minimize the "circus" with Rex there.

Their is a reason glazer specifically noted in a separate tweet that rex wasn't the reason why and provided other reasons. Rex isn't innocent in any of them, but hardly the main culprit in most IMO. He's probably most responsible for the "circus" thing, but I think that wouldn't be too difficult to put a gag on.

4. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

Wow, talk about an upset Jets fan. That had nothing to do with anything I said.

LOL.

#584 Bills over Jets, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Rex has already begun shutting down the circus. Listening to him now is a completely different experience than listening to him two years ago. Whether the relatively subdued Rex is a temporary phenomenon brought about by the lack of results this year or a permanent thing is unclear.

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

don't get me wrong rex owns some if not mostof the 6-10 record but i will not believe that he really wanted tebow and rex didn't give sanchez the cap killing extension. tanny was the cap wizard who ran us in to this mess. as far as the circus, the media jumped on that from the minute tebow was acquired and never let go. like was stated earlier, we had 13 beat writers competing for headlines. they had the agenda and saw it through t0 keep their internet hits and twitter followers up.

7. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Maybe Rex is going to end up being GM after all of this, hah.

8. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

If that happens, you will see a fan and media revolt like none other.

I'd like to think Woody is brighter than that.

9. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

To end the circus, the new GM cuts Tebow and then tells Rex to shut up and focus on coaching...

10. gsulli5861

gsulli5861 New Member

Glazer usually is very relable. The one thing to keep in mind is that Glazer and Rex are buddies and quite naturally Glazer is going to say Rex isn't an issue. A few things are going to be questioned by any candidate and Rex is one of the questions. It's Rex who created this atmosphere. It's going to be a tough job and certainly not for everyone but in thr end, I think we will get a quality GM.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

add Syracuse now to that list. other than that this post is spot on

12. BrowningNagle

Glazer retracted his initial statements because he is friends with Rex. The fact is the so- called circus IS rex

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

They're buddies? First I've heard of that. If he is Rex's buddy I don't think the first tweet did him any favors at all.

14. BrowningNagle

Rex is at the very least favored by most everyone in the media. He's the golden goose that keeps on giving - they all love him

In this case though glazer and rex goes beyond that. I remember glazer going at length one time in a live interview about how much he likes Rex personally.

I' m taking that retraction - err second tweet with a grain of salt

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

If he's friends with Rex it seems possible that he got the information for the first tweet directly from Rex?

16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Why does every thread about a new GM or OC gravitates to another Rex discussion? Can we stay focused on the GM selection? As it is I guess I'm not too happy with what I hear from the press, based on the 3 candidates that will be re-interviewed. I was so hoping for a fresh, aggressive, player savvy candidate that has a nose for hidden football player gems. If we go for another financial wizard we can kiss our long suffering hopes good bye.

As an additional comment, if Mr T was such a great cap guru, how come we are In such a mess if you read the many quotes that preclude us from getting the best GM.
    I'm still praying for the guy out of the Canadian league

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I'm in shock at how bad of a mess Tanny left. It seems like he just had no plan to ever restock the shelves and to just keep riding the wave until he eventually got fired.

18. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

Come on we're talk'in bout Rex. If he got a sniff of success like 5-0 start next season or made it to the playoffs, all that Super Bowl talk and boosting would return in a heart beat. What has shut Rex up more than any of the losses is his defense getting utterly embarrassed multiple games this and last season. It's no fluke and he knows it.

19. BrowningNagle

very possible

20. BleednGreen247

what the fuck is taking so long

hire a gm and oc already and lets go to war