The longer this search take, the more it magnifies the real problem!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by klecko73, Jan 10, 2013.

1. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

woody has hamstrung his consultant with a set of dysfunctional parameters for the search. Namely, Rex. Rex is a whole set. Not ony will he coach, but he willhelp choose his own boss.

2. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I am sure you right because you are in the NFL how again?

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer
    Rex isn't what GM candidates are concerned with - their cap situation, personnel, QB and the circus turned a lot of candidates off

4. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Jets issue are mostly cap related which in turn leads to talent related. It does not mean we can't identify talent.

People are so short sighted I nope the Jets are not.

5. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

You can update John Dorsey status he signed with KC

6. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Why would anyone take a GM job when they don't get to hire the head coach? Looks like Reid hired his own boss that is just crazy.

7. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

Maybe he would rather work with someone who he respects and knows what he is doing

8. Realistic Jets Fan

good point snow

Reid has won all those superbowls with the Eagles after all.

Gotta be the answer

9. laxin

laxin Active Member

Well Rex has had a large part in the personnel, QB's development and the circus revolving the Jets.

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I think that the biggest issues with the personnel is with the way Tannenbaum has managed the team. The roster is way too top heavy with cap distribution, we have no depth and are in cap hell. We've traded away pick after pick as if they were baseball cards that we'd be putting in our tire spokes otherwise. I agree that Rex was probably partly responsible for some bad roster decisions but I think the personell issues are mostly attributable to tanny's ways and not just a few bad picks.

Rex is also partly responsible for the other two. I agree. The qb situation is also tightly tied to personnel issues and cap.

As for the circus, that could mean a lot of things. Tebow? Leaks? 1 week late end of season presser? Feet?

But the thing is, Glazer is specifically saying rex is not the reason, which was basically the purpose of that tweet. Their was a reason he specifically said that.

11. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

By your logic Dan Marino wasn't a great QB because he never won a SB. [rolleyes] As if I have to argue Reid is top tier coach, he was rehired as a HC before even a week after he was let go by the Eagles.

Nice talking to you Realistic Jets Fan :breakdance:

12. Realistic Jets Fan

nice talking to you too, moron

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Watch the name calling...

14. Realistic Jets Fan

sorry

my apologies to snow

15. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Rex IS the circus.

16. laxin

laxin Active Member

Well maybe its like a lesser of two evils thing. Those are big immediate problems and maybe the candidates feel like they can put up with Rex for a season and then deal with him after the other things are dealt with [although Rex might be the root of many of those problems]. Who knows, just playing devils advocate.

17. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I don't really think Woody is all that involved. I wish he had a bit more of a clue about football, but it was clear on Hard Knocks that he's just a business geek who owns a football team. And he seems to like Rex, which has me thinking he's buying whatever Rex is selling. To be honest, he should hire someone to be the "football czar" as all the know-nothign media guys like to say. Make that guy the head of the NY Jets, capable of making personnel moves. Too much of Woody's public comments incorporate stuff that's in the media at the time, and those people dont have a clue.

18. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

Potential GM has to consider if I turn things around then Rex won't be shown the door, if I make things worse I'll be out the door as well. Knowing how much Woody loves Rex it's hard to tell how bad of a season it would take to send the buffoon packing.

#138 Jon_Snow, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  19. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I'm just wondering: People say Woody isn't a football guy. Does anyone know if Neil Glat is one? I know he's our team president, but I never really saw very much of him.

20. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

I like how you're always quick to blame all the cap problems on Tannenbaum, but you're always equally quick to cite the wonderful job Rex did the first two seasons. If Tannenbaum didn't do what he did, then Rex wouldn't have those fancy players the first two seasons. Without those fancy high priced players, Rex ain't winning shit.

Year 3 and 4 is on Rex who wanted more fancy high priced cap killing players.

Also, I'm convinced a lot of leaks come from Rex, otherwise the alleged leaker Mike Pettine would not have received a contract extension. How could Rex OK that if this guy was the source of the leaks? Hmmm makes you think who was feeding him information.