Tebow's fans will be his end

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by LeonNYJ, Jan 11, 2013.

1. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Tim Tebow is so bad, that the very first day of David Caldwell's new position as the Jacksonville Jaguars GM, the worst team in football, and Tebow's home town, announced that the Jags have zero interest in Tim Tebow, even if he was released.

Ouch.

2. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Tebow is better than Gabbert by any measure, statistical, wins (with less chances) leadership presence...any measure.

Its the media hype and storm they do not want to touch especially with a new regimen.

Be honest, Peyton goes down tomorrow and you could only start Gabbert or Tebow this next game against the Ravens cold turkey off the bench.

who would you start?

3. Realistic Jets Fan

has this phony been waived yet?

4. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

I COSIGN this post......!

5. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Blimey! I know you'll bloody well tell me to piss off but you gotta gen up on the subject of off season moves an when there allowed.

[​IMG]

6. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

Either he will stay with the Jets in 2013 or go elsewhere. As the Jaguars for the time being, won't use him just yet!

7. Realistic Jets Fan

Wow

A Cowboy fan and also a moron.

Such a rare combo...

Figures...a Tebow mouth breather to boot

8. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Keep your baffies on mate, you sound absolutely balmy and quite frankly bang out of order!
    [​IMG]

9. icicle1906

icicle1906 New Member

@ Phatal....Kyle Orton was so bad he made Tim Tebow look like a playoff winning qb...oh wait...

10. NFL

NFL Active Member

This I'd exactly how I see it. If it wasn't for everyone following him around he'd be fine, but because of it he might not be on another team next year.

11. icicle1906

icicle1906 New Member

So...why not just say it's the media's fault? Didn't realize the fans were the ones writing stories and talking about him everyday on ESPN. Also didn't realize how sensitive NFL GMs and coaches were when it comes to the media. Man grow a pair, tell the media they aren't allowed to talk to Tebow while he is a backup. At the same time tell Tebow he isn't allowed to talk to the media as well and let him work on his craft in peace. I know it is easier said than done but it can be done. Guess that would make to much sense I suppose.

12. Fightin'JetTitan

A bit off-topic along with apologies if this question has been prev'ly asked,
    but IF &/or WHEN the Jets trade or cut Tebow, what will become of this
    absolutely USELESS "TEBOWMANIA" forum? Me thinks it should be permanently deleted with all threads/posts forever banished to "archival-h#ll" at some cloud file-storage site.
    GG mgmt then can use this valuable bandwidth to start a new & more viable forum such as "Memorable Jet Hi-lites", "Front Office/Coaching Analysis" or even....I don't know...maybe a "Hottest Jet Wives/Girlfriends Gon' Wild" !:jets:
    This forum, created for & dedicated to some *qb* named Tebow, did nothing more than pit Tebow-Haterz vs Tebow-Maniacs yielding no enlightenment to the overall NY JET status-quo. I mean, REALLY!!?? If anything, if you're gonna "create/dedicate" a forum to a qb, at least make it for the greatest JET qb ever.........

............Al Woodall!:jets:

13. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Tebow won't even be in the NFL next season, Now that the new Jaguars GM has come out and said no to Tebow he is screwed............ He is gonna be a distraction no matter where he goes

14. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I had made a suggestion to change the name to Sancho-Mania and have all Sanchez related threads posted here so you wouldn't have one gigantic thread where EVERYTHING Sanchez ends up in the main forum .

He will be your starter next year ......I think it's a good suggestion .

15. Fightin'JetTitan

Anything's better than some wack-@ss, "TEBOWMANIA" forum!!

REALLY!!??

16. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I agree let the Sancho - Mania forum begin ASAP!

17. Bannon

Bannon New Member

People can't seem to make up their mind . . .

1. Tebow's fans are his downfall. The "baggage" that comes with the Tebow circus is the problem.

2. Tebow's skillset is his downfall. If he could play the QB position at the NFL level, all this other stuff would recede into insignificance, because he's been given more of a shot than other quarterbacks of his limited ability have.

Hmmm . . . . must decide, is it 1 or 2? And this is not a case where some believe #1 or #2. I've seen numerous examples of the same person saying both things, depending on the weather.

Here's the truth -- he's not that bad. He's got enough talent to win NFL football games under competitive circumstances. He's a gamer. Calm under pressure. Great aerobic conditioning and gets better as the game goes on. But he's also got throwing mechanics and footwork that are not conducive to a traditional NFL offense. He can't get it off in a quick rhythm, and when he tries it causes errant throws. He's good enough to win in the NFL, but it's not clear he's good enough to win a job at QB in the NFL. Surely there are many men who fit that bill, they just aren't as popular and hated, and therefore polarizing.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Tebow's downfall is that he's just not that good. If he didn't have the celebrity thing going he'd be out the NFL next year. I think he's going to get another chance though. Just no idea what he can do with that because unless the team using him makes it all about his skills he's done.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I heard a good analogy on talk radio last night. Tebow is like a diva receiver who has reached the point where his production no longer outweighs the distraction. Of course it's for entirely different reasons, but I thought it made a lot of sense.

20. JFjets

JFjets New Member

The most ridiculous part about that analogy - including that you thought it was worth mentioning - is that Tebow was responsible for 6 more TD's (29 total) in 16 starts as a QB and a few games in red zone spot duty than the all time record for single season TD receptions (Randy Moss - 23 - arguably one of the most diva wide receivers in this generation of NFL players). Tebow has more TD's per touch in those 16 starts and a few games in spot duty than half the NFL QB's playing play-off games this weekend have this season. I'd think a team would be willing to put up with a considerable amount of distraction/media frenzy to get that kind of TD production from their QB.